Super proud tonight

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Proud but still upset. Boys looked shattered… they knew they had it in the bag and blew it cause of small mismanagement. Those 2 missed tackles from salmon on the last attacking play from Melbourne for them to score the winning try is not forgivable. Then hutch decides to run the 4th with 2min to go and destroys all momentum. Let alone he created anything atall all game. Anyway next week must win

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Proud but still upset. Boys looked shattered… they knew they had it in the bag and blew it cause of small mismanagement. Those 2 missed tackles from salmon on the last attacking play from Melbourne for them to score the winning try is not forgivable. Then hutch decides to run the 4th with 2min to go and destroys all momentum. Let alone he created anything atall all game. Anyway next week must win
Strange few weeks, hey

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The loss didn’t feel depressing at all. They showed composure and competed well. And again.. our left side :hearteyes:
Funny isn't it but no the loss wasn't depressing. We can see the team are progressing and CC has them playing with pride for each other and dare I say the club and fans. When you see that, you just can't be too critical or sad bc it gives us confidence that the winning culture and results are just around the corner.

There's hope and pride in our team again and if we can get a better 7 picked to play who can manage the game, we will continue to progress and lay the platform for Top 8 and beyond sooner rather than later.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Funny isn't it but no the loss wasn't depressing. We can see the team are progressing and CC has them playing with pride for each other and dare I say the club and fans. When you see that, you just can't be too critical or sad bc it gives us confidence that the winning culture and results are just around the corner.

There's hope and pride in our team again and if we can get a better 7 picked to play who can manage the game, we will continue to progress and lay the platform for Top 8 and beyond sooner rather than later.
Well said, and I Agree!!

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Its good that they look shattered weve come a long way from having players like lachlan lewis/foran walking around looking happy af after a loss. Also the big miss that lead to hughes busting our line was jake turpin, Salmon had made a tackle on paps 1 tackle earlier then tried to make the cover tackle on hughes got back to the line but needed help from kautoga who just stood there and watched lmao bloke played 7 mins was fresh and just watched.. Salmon should have never been isolated in that spot.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Gutted, absolutely gutted, but when I relax and think about things I'm not as gutted as what I usually am lol

We beat them with our full team, point blank. Preston, Taafe, King and Mann all out.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I feel the same. Watching our team get beat by 30 week in week out with no effort was hard but this club has changed and the pleasing thing is every grade plays with the same intensity. In the promo video this year Gould says if you have come this far come a little further. He is spot on. This club is on the way up
Agree, they are playing “Bulldog” type footy - that backs-to-the-wall mentality playing for each other and the jersey… great to see we’ve got that blue collar fight back in us.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Burto can’t kick left to right, he prefers right to left….personally, Critta is a better goal kicker
Could we have beat the Rabbitohs with 100% goalkicking accuracy? Thinking we might've but it might've just leveled scores.

chihuahua dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I avoided result and just watched replay on Kayo. Getting the lead was the best feeling ever and then letting it slip hurt so bad. I feel with anyone other than Aiden Tol-Hutchison at halfback we would have got the result. Why a snail paced halfback continually takes a hitup on the 4th baffles me. And running it again himself on the last in our last chance set of the night...
Our forwards are really holding there own and not the Achilles heel everyone expected them to be. Josh Curran has given his all since joining the club week in week out. Bronson played great for it only being his second game back. Ciraldo has some serious selection headaches when back to full strength. Until next week chaps.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good to see Kikau being the wrecking ball he is. Good to see burton has modifed his game to play like a centre but at 5/8. Haywood is going to be a 10 year player for us. Thought Currran played fucking great tonight. Ado Carr was at his brah best. Creighton leads well and sets the attitude. Bronson really showed he will be a great buy apart from that butchered try where he didnt pass. Kiraz is all effort. Mahoney has modified his game to be more direct rather than crabbing across the field and he is playing better for it. Thought Tracey played well too. Plenty of praise all around because we looked in the contest for 80 minutes and that is all you can ask.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We haven’t had the easiest draw to start the season but we have performed well. Knights are a bogey side for us. We have to beat them otherwise all the performances to date will be for nothing
It’s a pipe dream but fk I’d love to give them a 66-0 thrashing like they did to us. I’d have that in huge numbers everywhere at training reminding the players. That sort of score is humiliating and the players should be reminded of it, get angry and reverse it.

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Agree, they are playing “Bulldog” type footy
Just on that. The "sound" of our defence was awesome. We were hitting hard and the Storm felt it.

We dominated the ruck and field position (despite them - being allowed - to lay all over us in defence, and continually walk off the mark in attack); and despite lacking the presence of a controlling half.

At the start of the year we lacked a half, middles, and a fullback. I think we have the latter two covered. We pull the correct rein at halfback, maintain our technique, attitude, and resolve from the first six rounds, and we will "go on a run".

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burto can’t kick left to right, he prefers right to left….personally, Critta is a better goal kicker
Short kicking game needs addressing but the team was excellent this game shifts our mentality…genuinely looking forward to smashing Newcastle next week we r capable.

chihuahua dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It’s a pipe dream but fk I’d love to give them a 66-0 thrashing like they did to us. I’d have that in huge numbers everywhere at training reminding the players. That sort of score is humiliating and the players should be reminded of it, get angry and reverse it.
Not many of those players left? Patolo, burton

Jebbundy

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Chuck Mann in there and king we look good, everybody is trying. We are getting closer this yr. Very close.

Reactions: ATT

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
During the second half last night I was thinking how across the park we have players that can create an opportunity.

I was looking at Kiks, Xerri, JAC, Burton, Kiraz, Tracey, Curran they were all creating opportunities regularly.

I then realised that Critta, some would say the one most likely to do that had a quiet game. that has been the problem in the past too few players that could make something happen when they had a quiet game we sucked. Not anymore, someone else just stands up. Defenses can't cater for threats across the park. Our D is certainly lots better this year but it's how certain players are now standing up in attack is what is a breath of fresh air.

Last few years defenses just had to shut Burton down but this year...

Trying not to get carried away, but I feel we can hold ourselves against any team at the moment.

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk