News Dogs hit with brutal front row omission as two other stars in doubt — Rd 6 Early Mail

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Early mail: Bulldogs supremo Phil Gould has revealed Max King has been ruled out after suffering a broken hand in Round 5. Gould Tweeted: “King is out. He didn’t travel to Melbourne”. He also revealed that both Viliame Kikau and Connor Tracey will have to pass fitness tests on Thursday to take the field. Liam Knights looms as the obvious replacement for King, while Jeral Skelton is in line to replace Tracey on the wing if he’s sidelined.

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow but we all knew these injuries were there. I would rest the guys bring in some fresh faces. I would love to see Kikau tearing apart their defence but we need to be patient and protect manage this player a little.
I feel Kikau plays too many minutes hey. Think he’s a 60 min player. He’s very injury prone. Obviously he plays these minutes for us because of lack of depth but eventually I think his mins should be reduced.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I feel Kikau plays too many minutes hey. Think he’s a 60 min player. He’s very injury prone. Obviously he plays these minutes for us because of lack of depth but eventually I think his mins should be reduced.
As good as he has been this year I always questioned the age we bought him at for the price.. 4 years when he turned 28. He is 29 now and working his arse off.. his mins we drop significantly one would think, when will be the question.

MirandaDog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yeah…p1ss him off. He’s crap anyway. That run over the top of Teddy was because of luck and that other one through the line to set up Burton was crap. And that pass…that’s coz he needs to wear glasses coz he can’t see. Next he’ll be forgetting how to get to training. 29…over the hill.
PS TK never fails to disappoint. Dogs could win the GF by 2 and they’d be whinging not winning by 3

dawso047

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Our forwards are going to struggle big time. I feel sorry for Haywood and Skelton if he plays this week. Our middle forwards will contain Salmon, Knight, Patolo none of whom bend the line and Faamasuali doesn't play big minutes along with Kautoga who has been underwhelming at NRL level. I think the Dogs are in for a heavy loss. If Kikau doesn't play they may as well forfeit.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Our forwards are going to struggle big time. I feel sorry for Haywood and Skelton if he plays this week. Our middle forwards will contain Salmon, Knight, Patolo none of whom bend the line and Faamasuali doesn't play big minutes along with Kautoga who has been underwhelming at NRL level. I think the Dogs are in for a heavy loss. If Kikau doesn't play they may as well forfeit.
I am starting to see no matter who plays they all know their roles, yeah we might not win but we said that about the roosters last week… anything is possible if we done a really good video session and the boys can stick to the game plan. For 40 minutes last week we kept a side everyone put as a top 4 side. That speaks wonders of our attitude and 1% efforts. Like Cameron said if we can play that first half across the 80 minutes then we could beat anyone

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Think you’re right in a good side but… they using him as an effort /standard setter. I would like him better as ultimate weapon though.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Early mail: Bulldogs supremo Phil Gould has revealed Max King has been ruled out after suffering a broken hand in Round 5. Gould Tweeted: “King is out. He didn’t travel to Melbourne”. He also revealed that both Viliame Kikau and Connor Tracey will have to pass fitness tests on Thursday to take the field. Liam Knights looms as the obvious replacement for King, while Jeral Skelton is in line to replace Tracey on the wing if he’s sidelined.
Bugger! This will hurt us. But not at all surprising. I'm more surprised that he was named.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fancy changing your avatar to a clown?

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We are playing tomorrow night with house money, written off by all and sundry as reflected in the betting markets

To that end, if they players in question are not 100% fit then rest them and target the win at home v Knights (We need to smack these guys after they embarrassed us twice last season )

Regardless Skelton needs to feature in the 17
Start him if Connor is out or bench as insurance policy.

Knight for King, but which FRF is going to play the bigger minutes ? Curran might find himself moved there mid game. Mini Kikau (KK) will have to do a job left edge if Kiks is out.

This is a huge opportunity for some fellas to put their hand up especially Skelton

smash and grab job in Melbourne

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are playing tomorrow night with house money, written off by all and sundry as reflected in the betting markets

To that end, if they players in question are not 100% fit then rest them and target the win at home v Knights (We need to smack these guys after they embarrassed us twice last season )

Regardless Skelton needs to feature in the 17
Start him if Connor is out or bench as insurance policy.

Knight for King, but which FRF is going to play the bigger minutes ? Curran might find himself moved there mid game. Mini Kikau (KK) will have to do a job left edge if Kiks is out.

This is a huge opportunity for some fellas to put their hand up especially Skelton

smash and grab job in Melbourne
I’m with you mate rest and return it’s early and would like some of these guys alive at the end of season.

Old Man JB

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Man, you are the most pessimistic person on this site. Lighten up.

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So who does everyone think will stand out from our youngsters vs storm?
I’ll say
Bailey hayward
Matt burton
Stephen crighton
Jacob Kiraz
Bronson xerri
Samuel Hughes

Last edited: