Official Gus on Twitter

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I think Gus should watch the tackle again.
You could be a little harsh there KLil. No intent and accidental consequence of a dominating tackle....but still we are always on a hiding to nothing so always our fault re refs interpretation.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You could be a little harsh there KLil. No intent and accidental consequence of a dominating tackle....but still we are always on a hiding to nothing so always our fault re refs interpretation.
Have u honestly seen the tackle again? PLenty of intent to smash Sualii, its careless as fcuk as his head is literally first contact with the ground before the rest of that kids body. Hughes needs to get that shit out of his game, it will cost us one day.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Have u honestly seen the tackle again? PLenty of intent to smash Sualii, its careless as fcuk as his head is literally first contact with the ground before the rest of that kids body. Hughes needs to get that shit out of his game, it will cost us one day.
Yes watched it again. His shoulder is first contact with the ground not his head then Hughes other arm on the ground. It was a one off. You can put your house on the fact that Hughes will never complete a tackle like that again. There was no intent to head slam at all.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yes watched it again. His shoulder is first contact with the ground not his head then Hughes other arm on the ground. It was a one off. You can put your house on the fact that Hughes will never complete a tackle like that again. There was no intent to head slam at all.
No intent to head slam but very aggressive and careless. His head still hits the ground whilst his body is past the horizontal... Take the 1k and run...

Hopefully he doesnt do that again, his marked for it now.

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought is good clean tackle shouldn't have been a penalty.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Tackle got outlawed a while ago... Its the famous Sling tackle in the AFL.
You can’t sling them to the ground, you can’t use your body weight to drag them down. You can’t hit them high. You can’t hit them low. I just saw a thing on Facebook of the modern dogs of war pack, asotasi, mason, omeley, sonny, Reni etc. smashing the dragons for 80 mins.

Most of those tackles in the clip would have been penalised in today’s game. Player safety is paramount but the refs don’t even know what is what these days and if some is injured it must be from foul play. They don’t get that unintentional accidents happen too.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
No intent to head slam but very aggressive and careless. His head still hits the ground whilst his body is past the horizontal... Take the 1k and run...

Hopefully he doesnt do that again, his marked for it now.
Bro, his head barely touched the grass, Hughes did exactly what they are coached to do, wrapped the ball up and take the player to the ground,now we want to penalize them for doing it too hard? If sualii gets up and plays the ball instead of milking it its just a dominant tackle and doesn't raise an eyebrow. If you slow mo every tackle in the NRL you could find an infringement in 90 plus percent of them, The fucking game is looking more and more like soccer every week.

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Big Barney no doubt Blocked by Gus lol
I just want to hang shit on Big Barney but I won’t . I’m so glad for Hutch that we fuckin smashed the Roosters.. they went on the field with a full squad so did we. I hope Hutch grows in confidence and delivers us an exceptional year of surprises and success.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You can’t sling them to the ground, you can’t use your body weight to drag them down. You can’t hit them high. You can’t hit them low. I just saw a thing on Facebook of the modern dogs of war pack, asotasi, mason, omeley, sonny, Reni etc. smashing the dragons for 80 mins.

Most of those tackles in the clip would have been penalised in today’s game. Player safety is paramount but the refs don’t even know what is what these days and if some is injured it must be from foul play. They don’t get that unintentional accidents happen too.
It is what it is... times change. We have adapted very well I reckon with Ciro introducing a great tackling technique this season.

As dominant as the tackle was it was still careless... need to be mindful it ain't the 90s or even the 2000s anymore.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
It is what it is... times change. We have adapted very well I reckon with Ciro introducing a great tackling technique this season.

As dominant as the tackle was it was still careless... need to be mindful it ain't the 90s or even the 2000s anymore.
Whilst Hutchison n Salmon have limitations a lot of their defensive efforts are impressive