Shaving points

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The 6 again bell was sounding like a poker machine jackpot in both halves. I do not like the 6 again at all - half the time I do not even see how it was warranted. It's too easy for a ref to use his confirmation bias in that area to give a team a chance to edge out a win.
That wasn't confirmation bias. It was pure piggybacking the roosters into our 20m zone then giving fresh tackles to attack with. A dogs win wasn't on the cards if the ref had any say in it.

I looked at the distribution of penalties and 6 again calls. We were pressuring the chooks until the 6th minute of the second half. The ref called two penalties in quick succession then a couple of repeat sets on the 4th. By the 11th minute it reaped them their second try.

At that point we'd been thrown deep in the shit and we lost composure defensively. We've improved defensively dramatically from last year. But defending 2 penalties and 2 repeat sets in a three minute period threw us into disarray. I think we only got to their 20 on a couple of occasions after that. We can almost directly say that it produced 12 points quickly for them. We conceded 4 tries in 15.minutes though after the calls dried up a bit for them. If we can get to the point defensively where the ref throwing opponents 4 leg ups in three minutes doesn't screw our mindset for 20 minutes we'll be contenders.

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Purposely created grey area to manipulate results.

It ain't no conspiracy theory.
Yep, no coincidence that, since its introduction, 1 team has been dominant, winning like 20 games straight per season and 3 prems in a row.

Despite those same players being shit, useless, directionless, and invisible in state of origin and internation footy.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
That wasn't confirmation bias. It was pure piggybacking the roosters into our 20m zone then giving fresh tackles to attack with. A dogs win wasn't on the cards if the ref had any say in it.

I looked at the distribution of penalties and 6 again calls. We were pressuring the chooks until the 6th minute of the second half. The ref called two penalties in quick succession then a couple of repeat sets on the 4th. By the 11th minute it reaped them their second try.

At that point we'd been thrown deep in the shit and we lost composure defensively. We've improved defensively dramatically from last year. But defending 2 penalties and 2 repeat sets in a three minute period threw us into disarray. I think we only got to their 20 on a couple of occasions after that. We can almost directly say that it produced 12 points quickly for them. We conceded 4 tries in 15.minutes though after the calls dried up a bit for them. If we can get to the point defensively where the ref throwing opponents 4 leg ups in three minutes doesn't screw our mindset for 20 minutes we'll be contenders.
We also suffered a number of injuries in that period that forced positional swaps, the number of changes was amazing;

ON Max King
OFF Kitione Kautoga

ON Harrison Edwards
OFF Samuel Hughes

ON Toby Sexton
OFF Kurt Mann

ON Samuel Hughes
OFF Harrison Edwards

ON Kurt Mann
OFF Jaeman Salmon

ON Jaeman Salmon
OFF Samuel Hughes

Poor old Hughesy didn't know whether he was on or off.

Always a Bulldog