News Seven Bulldogs players injured in win against Roosters, Ciraldo provides update

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Canterbury Bulldogs pulled off a miraculous upset against the Sydney Roosters on Friday night, but the win came at a cost, with seven players injured during the clash.

Blake Taaffe, Harrison Edwards, Connor Tracey, Kurt Mann, Max King, Viliame Kikau, and Chris Patolo all suffered injuries throughout the match - Blake Wilson was also a late withdrawal but picked up an illness rather than injury.

Taaffe will be unavailable for next week after sustaining a Category 1 concussion and failing his HIA, while fellow back Connor Tracey is set to undergo scans on a torn calf. Wilson will be available for selection.

However, in some good news, Cameron Ciraldo confirmed that Josh Addo-Carr will return for next week's game against the Melbourne Storm.

"Connor Tracey in the second half was playing with basically a strain in his calf, and that's why he didn't take many carries in the second half," Ciraldo said post-match.

"He's actually really good in there which is good," he added on the condition of Taaffe.

In other injury news at the club, Viliame Kikau (fibula fracture) and Max King (wrist) will undergo scans, while Kurt Mann looks like he will be on the sidelines for some time and may require surgery for a fractured hand.

Chris Patolo (shoulder) did not return to the field, and Harrison Edwards (neck) will also miss some time after being stretched from Accor Stadium in the second half.

"He was getting checked out on his neck there, so we'll check that, and it didn't look great, but fingers crossed he gets a good result there," Ciraldo continued.

"He stayed down, felt something in his neck and just real precautionary but we're hoping he's all right. He's feeling a lot better in there now."

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well we signed a million utilities for this reason ,now times for those young pups to shine .
Bookies will probably have us closer to $10,jump on the dogs .
Team spirit is strong.
Mahooney
Burton
Ado Carr
Crighton
Curran
Kiraz
Those guys to have huge games and carry us vs the storm.
Let’s shake this thing up dogs.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s here now. Lol. Let’s hope the guys can hang on and put a few more wins on the board until the troops come back and reinforcements arrive

I hope kiks is fine. on other threads they’re saying king is confirmed with a wrist fracture

Mann is a massive loss

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Kiks has a fibula fracture? :(

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Edwards like Tedesco was completely avoidable as well, it was poor tackling technique.

Tracy and especially Patolo is not a surprise. They are injury prone players.

We all knew that we were a couple of forwards short and this has the potential to expose this. A lot of teams are in the same boat so it's not an excuse.

The positive is our club is better prepared for this situation with added depth.

I also thought about why we didn't cop these injury crisis scenarios under Barrett or Pay... my theory is the lack of intensity and commitment to training and games. The players are working their back sides off now. We also copped plenty of injury adversity under Des, which sort of proves that it is related to performance intensity and commitment.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
there's no update on kiks yet, plus if it was a leg fracture he wouldn't be able to walk or continue playing.

would say it's more likely bruising
Robbo complained about both the send off for that high shot by Young, and Taffe suffers the highest concussion catagery injury, and about the sinbinning of Raddley for the hip drop on Kiks which could see him miss a lot of games.
In my book the rotters are not only the biggest cheats but also the dirtiest club in the NRL.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
there's no update on kiks yet, plus if it was a leg fracture he wouldn't be able to walk or continue playing.

You can walk on a fibula fracture as the bone's purpose is not weight bearing but mechanical advantages. It would be uncomfortable though.

PeteHazz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Hope so. His threat on that edge doesn't just create opportunities for himself, he creates space for others too. He was barnstorming that first half.

Good feeling seeing manu visibly worry everytime Kikau ran at him

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We may be able to get Taffe an exemption, but if we lose king, Kiks and Mann, we’re fucked.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope so. His threat on that edge doesn't just create opportunities for himself, he creates space for others too. He was barnstorming that first half.

Good feeling seeing manu visibly worry everytime Kikau ran at him
I noticed when Kikau fended off Manu Manu also couldn't match Kikau for pace during the chase

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Robbo complained about both the send off for that high shot by Young, and Taffe suffers the highest concussion catagery injury, and about the sinbinning of Raddley for the hip drop on Kiks which could see him miss a lot of games.
In my book the rotters are not only the biggest cheats but also the dirtiest club in the NRL.
the hip drop was on critta not kiks

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

That’s what I thought with Ilias yesterday. But his Tibia (the main lower leg bone) was snapped! He kinda walked off but may have taken the weight off that leg. Can’t remember, but I can see it possible to walk with a fibula crack, as it’s the lesser bone. Kiks did look in a lot of pain too. It’s amazing how many times he looks done but continues. Beast of a player! Whatever his injury is, let’s just hope we don’t lose him for too long as he has been one of our best so far.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s a lot like when Robbo commented on the Leniu racist remark allegation. He says the dumbest shit. Taffy was clearly killed, the way he slumped on impact it was horrible. Look like someone shot and dropped. Yet the insensitive prick Robbo asks if that was really worth a send off? Fuck off clown. He even said it was below shoulder height lol. Well yeah maybe when Taffy is standing straight but guess what clown? Players are never standing upright when they’re in possession. Such a moronic argument he tried to make.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
As our watching of the game was interrupted by the weather (signal drop out due to high winds and torrential rain) did not really pick up for the most on the players picking up injuries. Was ropeable about Patolo looking like a passenger and he did not at all look enthusiastic but then I did see Radley reel out of a tackle holding his head/jaw. This is when Patolo was injured in around the first five minutes I think. Then saw Mann around the 2oth minute coming out of a tackle holding his arm. Don't remember seeing King injured, but the obvious Taafe, Edwards and Kikau did. Tracey also hurt.

Kept the injuries on the QT and I am pretty proud after the event. All was not rosy with us but not used as an excuse. Also the six again leg ups and the turn around in possession helped the Roosters.