Burton is a half

Micko

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Burton is the best half at the club. He is also one of the best 5/8’s in the NRL. Commentators make statements to create controversy. Everybody that understands the game also understands that Burton is more valuable to the dogs in the halves.

Burton played his best game in our colours. He is a young kid learning the game and building his.

Micko

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Some people hate Burton so much and are so salty and bitter towards their own player that they can't even acknowledge that he had a good game...

He had 3 tries, 1 try assist and 2 like break assists, ran for 147 metres and only missed 1 tackle and they're still hating and saying Hutch and Sexton are better options. Crazy..
This is what I don’t understand. How can our own supporters be so stupid? Burton is clearly the best half at the club

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone that thinks Hutch is a better option than Burton has got rocks in their heads. Hutch was the only player to do absolutely nothing and is a huge reason why we couldn’t take advantage of the Roosters being down to 12 men
Agree. Can’t believe a player with his experience can’t take advantage of an overlap. How many times we had them outnumbered and he ran it and cut back in field

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I feel like he's playing with much more confidence lately and I think having Crichton on that edge is part of the reason...Critta is really pushing our blokes and for me he has proven to be the right choice for captain. Even in defence, Burto is getting up early and putting the heat on the opposition in moments when we need it... like he used to do.
Was a little disappointed that Critta couldn't stop the rot when Cocks nearly came home over the top of us.

That first try should have been enough to get them back on.

But yes I still think he is better than last year, and even JJ.

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

Juniorluke

Waterboy
Reaction score
I reserve all judgement on Burton until we have a forward pack that can average 43-45m per set.
No half can be dominant in our last 5-7 seasons.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some people hate Burton so much and are so salty and bitter towards their own player that they can't even acknowledge that he had a good game...

He had 3 tries, 1 try assist and 2 like break assists, ran for 147 metres and only missed 1 tackle and they're still hating and saying Hutch and Sexton are better options. Crazy..
Don’t even care about these clowns anymore. They’ve made their decision and nothing he does will change it. Smooth brains be smoothing.

Any logical fans know Burton is just one cog of the machine. One of the more important, but still one cog. If he does his job (which he has the last few weeks) then it’s on the rest of the team to do their’s. The more of the 17 that do their job, the better we’ll go. If Burton, Mann, King, Curran, Kiks, Critta and Taffy all fire, we will be hard to beat. If the rest of the team also play near their potential we are a good team. If we have a 7 that can do better than Hutch has been we’ll become a very good team.

Juniorluke

Waterboy
Reaction score
I think agendas are at play here. Burton is an elite half through the juniors and at Penrith. Plays one year at centre in an incredible team and people think that makes him a centre.
he is a half but like any half you need a forward pack creating you quick play the balls and finding their front so you can hit the advantage line at speed.
Andrew Johns would struggle behind our packs over the last 3-4 years

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
FWIW my backline for the next game, depending on injuries and how Critta went last night at FB, would be
1. Kiraz
2. Wilson
3. Xerri
4. Critta
5. Fox
6. Burton
7. Hutch or Sexton

if Tracey is fit he would be my fullback and Xerri goes to 18th man.
Yeah i don't like Kiraz at fullback he's ok where he is

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Not just Burton! once your in the badbooks of a few on here its forever a dally m wouldn't change thier opinion

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The very sad thing for the haters is that their opinions aren't going to change the way Ciraldo and the selection panel think. I dare say Burton is at 6 until he does something diabolical in successive games.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
When people have a bone to pick they will, i try not to take and make it personal and comment on the facts in front of me.

If he continues to improve than its great for him, the club and us fans - we all win!

Wanting him to fail is the complete opposite.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Completely agree. I've been consistently one of his harshest critics but I see this now too.
He hasn't been criticised as a dud player. It is his effort play last year defensively and his obvious waste of talent. His first year here was so promising. He is now back to that kind of influence on the team and so it's fair to now acknowledge his form and ability.

He drops off and isn't putting in again...he'll get the usual Kennel roast :grinning:

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well tbf the 2nd, 3rd or 4th try should of been the match winner.

But hopefully that hellish 2nd half will be out of our memories asap.
It was like that 2nd half vs the tigers at belmore last year . . .The definition of trying to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The very sad thing for the haters is that their opinions aren't going to change the way Ciraldo and the selection panel think. I dare say Burton is at 6 until he does something diabolical in successive games.
If he was any chance of changing position, would have been to centre,that was only going to happen prior to Xerri playing first grade. I think he will be our 6 until one of the crop of young blokes are ready for the gig,then I can see Burto playing 13

Last edited: