Opinion Was Taaffe targeted?

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don't know, obviously no one knows except Dom Young, and who knows whether he'd be honest about it if it were true. But consider this:

11th minute, Young is flying down field after Tracy spills a hard catch, Taaffe measures him up and makes an outstanding tackle forcing Young to offload the ball which Teddy knocks on. Young gets a leg injury in the process.
14th minute, Burton put Kiks into a bit of space and a minimum of footwork gets him easily past a clearly struggling Young, Burton scores a try as a result.
17th minute, play comes to Young's side again, he is noticably walking as much as possible. In the play Kiks gets the ball away and Critta tries to hurdle things and Sammy trying to get to his feet cops a knee to the head. Young is metres away.
21st minute, Kiks again gets a bit of space near Young, who arm grabs at best and Kiks steamrolls down field. Young is about 20m from the play when Teddy makes his disastrous attempt at tackling Kiks so sees him get KO'd.
26th minute, scrum play heading to our left, Taaffe gets the ball and Young is making an absolute bee line for him, goes in hard with a full swinging arm, drops him.

Taaffe is out before he hits the ground, and Young shows zero concern or gives away any body language that this was a horrible accident.

Like I said, no one can know for sure, but the script raises the question. Did Dom Young, angry at the person whose tackle left him with a leg injury that made him a liability on the chooks right, upset at seeing Teddy go down, and maybe at seeing Sammy as well, have a brain fade and target Taaffe, the guy who "caused" his injury in the first place, and whose concussion would even out the loss of Teddy? Weird things happen in the brains of people on a football field, just look at most of our team in the 2nd half...

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
they would have gone after Crighton or Kikau.

It was worthy of a send off but no it wasn’t some plan to take Taafe out
I never said it was a plan, sorry if the word "targeted" implies that. I'm asking the question as to if Dom Young had a brain snap and went after him. Read the post.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Looked like it was personal. But also he seemed agitated after Teddys HIA. Almost like he wanted to take someone’s head off.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never said it was a plan, sorry if the word "targeted" implies that. I'm asking the question as to if Dom Young had a brain snap and went after him. Read the post.
no he didn’t end of story made a poor defensive read and tried to react and unfortunately for him and the game got him flush in the jaw luckily Blake is fine and that’s the main thing here

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't know, obviously no one knows except Dom Young, and who knows whether he'd be honest about it if it were true. But consider this:

11th minute, Young is flying down field after Tracy spills a hard catch, Taaffe measures him up and makes an outstanding tackle forcing Young to offload the ball which Teddy knocks on. Young gets a leg injury in the process.
14th minute, Burton put Kiks into a bit of space and a minimum of footwork gets him easily past a clearly struggling Young, Burton scores a try as a result.
17th minute, play comes to Young's side again, he is noticably walking as much as possible. In the play Kiks gets the ball away and Critta tries to hurdle things and Sammy trying to get to his feet cops a knee to the head. Young is metres away.
21st minute, Kiks again gets a bit of space near Young, who arm grabs at best and Kiks steamrolls down field. Young is about 20m from the play when Teddy makes his disastrous attempt at tackling Kiks so sees him get KO'd.
26th minute, scrum play heading to our left, Taaffe gets the ball and Young is making an absolute bee line for him, goes in hard with a full swinging arm, drops him.

Taaffe is out before he hits the ground, and Young shows zero concern or gives away any body language that this was a horrible accident.

Like I said, no one can know for sure, but the script raises the question. Did Dom Young, angry at the person whose tackle left him with a leg injury that made him a liability on the chooks right, upset at seeing Teddy go down, and maybe at seeing Sammy as well, have a brain fade and target Taaffe, the guy who "caused" his injury in the first place, and whose concussion would even out the loss of Teddy? Weird things happen in the brains of people on a football field, just look at most of our team in the 2nd half...
Speaking of targeting, I think it was with Curran, that Smith had a head clash with, I haven't seen it again, but I reckon Smith lead with the head

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Young's frustrating night actually started out in the first minute, he was the one who spilled the ball and asked for a review. Two things came from that, 1. Chooks burned their review. 2. Dogs scored in the next few seconds. Who scored the try? Blake Taaffe!