OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Round 5 | Bulldogs vs Roosters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Am I concerned about stopping their forward pack? Yes!

But more importantly what I am more concerned about is the form of Tedesco and Manu. How we limit their impact with our team is going to be our biggest challenge.

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope Hughes plays well but i reckon he has been underwhelming this year. Ive reached that time of the week where I’ve convinced myself that we will win. I smell an upset. Fck the roosters
Agree with the hughes point, alot of praise over the off season, hes a big guy but i feel he lacks aggression/decent ball handling

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
The forecast for Friday is heavy rain which will bring the Bulldogs right in this match
The Roosters on paper have a far superior side but a heavy track could turn it into a lottery
We could possibly compete and grind, but Roosters bench is too good for ours. Would have been more confident if Preston and Morrin weren't out.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I hope Hughes plays well but i reckon he has been underwhelming this year. Ive reached that time of the week where I’ve convinced myself that we will win. I smell an upset. Fck the roosters
I think it's just been his lack of game time. It seems that Ciraldo has tried to ease him into things slowly, and I anticipate his minutes will increase as the year goes on.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I got around to watching a full replay of the Souffs game (usually watch a replay win or lose removing all the emotion of watching it live cos I find stuff I missed first watch)

Overall impressed how quick the boys have come together defensively despite the amount of new players and also impressed with our fitness.

As usual Sutton found ways to keep us from winning (too many to name)
Souffs completed at 98% and despite everything going against us we only lost by 4.

last time we played chooks they beat us by 1
I expect they win but wouldn’t be surprised on the week we commemorate 2004 we get the dub.
This is how I saw it too. Good to finally see someone speak rationally on the loss.

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This 17 has to change, needs 3 props on the bench with mann, weather is going to be terrible and it's going to be played in the middle. As much as they are all duds I'd have poasa, patolo, knight on the bench with Kurt mann. I'd also have xerri on the wing purely for the early carrys

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Not much of a demotion. But thank God he is not 'doing' us again.
They still managed to get Todd Smith our fav video bunker ref in tho lol

Harry Oz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think it's just been his lack of game time. It seems that Ciraldo has tried to ease him into things slowly, and I anticipate his minutes will increase as the year goes on.
It's possible Hughes needs to get fired up to perform.
Maybe the idea is to see if some Warea-Hargreaves, Collins or Radley niggle can get Hughes wound up?
If those three can't, no-one will.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
By 8

dogsday

Kennel Participant
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m giving hutcho a chance as he is playing his old club, he better have a blinder or he should just go.
Worst scenario is he played for the chooks & they would have some idea as to his worthlesness.

tyl0r

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We wearing the 04 retro jersey this friday!?!

CBDog

In the Zone
Reaction score
Big packs haven’t bothered us so far this year, our attack has been the problem.
Big packs have dominated us the middle and hence no go forward.
The halves (if i can call them that) are supposed to set up the backs after the forwards have laid a platform for them.

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Big packs have dominated us the middle and hence no go forward.
The halves (if i can call them that) are supposed to set up the backs after the forwards have laid a platform for them.
Ok

Harry Oz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Worst scenario is he played for the chooks & they would have some idea as to his worthlesness.
They will certainly know how to read his dummy.
Mind you, every other defense has as well.
He just needs to get it out wide.

Status
Not open for further replies.