Opinion Referees

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Club needs to be openly seen to support the players and our fans.
Years of constant failure to do so only further alienate us from them and the game.
After the next garbage officiating performance that costs us dearly,so next week presumably, CC needs to have a Toovey/Sticky level meltdown at 1 of these compulsory post match pressers , and call out the nrlol refereeing for the absolute fucking joke it is . . . I'm sure we could raise enough cash on gofundme to cover the fine for CC to pose the question . . . Are these consistently inconsistent "refereeing" efforts, purely the result of ineptitude or are there other factors at play ?

Last edited:

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yep my Chooks copped it Fri with a disallowed try...then Annesley comes out and says oh shoot they got it wrong.
Vid refs need some serious schooling in the rules.
All annesley ever does is say that they got it wrong or bullshit about the fact that they did. If they started questioning him about all the weekends fuck ups and inconsistencies on Monday morning, he wouldn't be finished explaining it all away by the time Friday night footy started

Last edited:

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I commented before the game that the only way to beat the ref’s is play them out of the game, e.g as we did against the 9-3 Titans penalty count .. and there’s no denying they had more than enough chances to do that ..

Im still spewing, I wanted that Sutton P***K to walk of the field thinking to himself, I tried my best to screw them over but they still won... that’s how you beat the ref’s ..

Others are wanting the ref’s called out, I’m hoping CC sits the team down and dissects that game with them and calls some of them out, in a team with Kikau, Burton, Critta, JAC, Mahoney, Presto, Kiraz etc. we should have iced that game … the period after 1/2 time was crucial and they didn’t come out firing .. Souths are a slow team, with our speed we should have blown them of the park by continually spreading the ball, not that one out stuff ..

I’ll call it out … why aren’t we seeing more from Critta during the whole 80 minutes, where’s these clutch moments … Burtons in and out of games, Mahoney’s to sideways and Hutch plays like he’s on the field on his own .. out of those, Taaffe played Better than them ..

yes the teams improved defensively .. but controlling games, speed, energy and bringing our stars into the game has to come together quickly or the season will slip away from them and … PLEASE TEACH THEM TO RUN IN GROUPS AND HOW TO BACK UP, we made breaks and there’s no one backing up .. we should have put 40 on them …

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I commented before the game that the only way to beat the ref’s is play them out of the game, e.g as we did against the 9-3 Titans penalty count .. and there’s no denying they had more than enough chances to do that ..

Im still spewing, I wanted that Sutton P***K to walk of the field thinking to himself, I tried my best to screw them over but they still won... that’s how you beat the ref’s ..

Others are wanting the ref’s called out, I’m hoping CC sits the team down and dissects that game with them and calls some of them out, in a team with Kikau, Burton, Critta, JAC, Mahoney, Presto, Kiraz etc. we should have iced that game … the period after 1/2 time was crucial and they didn’t come out firing .. Souths are a slow team, with our speed we should have blown them of the park by continually spreading the ball, not that one out stuff ..

I’ll call it out … why aren’t we seeing more from Critta during the whole 80 minutes, where’s these clutch moments … Burtons in and out of games, Mahoney’s to sideways and Hutch plays like he’s on the field on his own .. out of those, Taaffe played Better than them ..

yes the teams improved defensively .. but controlling games, speed, energy and bringing our stars into the game has to come together quickly or the season will slip away from them and … PLEASE TEACH THEM TO RUN IN GROUPS AND HOW TO BACK UP, we made breaks and there’s no one backing up .. we should have put 40 on them …
He even said in the press conference that he grilled the playing group in the sheds, asking them as to why they didn't play with the intensity they played with in the last 5 minutes the whole half.

I've also noticed that Crichton hasn't really done much (besides the one parra try). We really need more from him.

Sent from my SM-A235F using Tapatalk

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

I realise we had enough ball to win that game. This isn't the post match thread though. It's more about the fact we seem to have 14 on field opponents rather than the customery 13, on an ongoing basis

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep my Chooks copped it Fri with a disallowed try...then Annesley comes out and says oh shoot they got it wrong.
Vid refs need some serious schooling in the rules.
The rules need to be reviewed and upgraded to suit the modern game. With that the refs should not be given autonomy to apply the rules at "their" disgression.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
We won the penalty count and the 6 again as well as I recall...
True. But the key decisions close to half time, particularly the non decision in not sin binnning Tass was crucial.

i cant recall a Bulldogs game refereed by Sutton where he has sin binned an opposing player. Plenty of ours have gone to the bin, most of them justified.

While the penalties and six again count went our way, the crucial decisions at big moments, no way are they going our way when Golden Boy has the whistle.

And that’s the bottom line cause Stone Cold said so.

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We won the penalty count and the 6 again as well as I recall...
This is how they frame it after the fact to try and kill the narrative that refs are biased to good teams
‘But you actually won the penalty count’ lol
Refs always blow a few penalties towards the end of the half or game to even the count
Or they miss calls that will impact the game against the favourite
It doesn’t tell the full story and it’s all too common with Sutton

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The decision making or the referees + bunker can be only 1 of 2 possibilities.

1. They are plain stupid.
2. They are corrupt.

Every week, not just dogs games, they make diabolical decisions that 100% change the result.

When 99% of impartial NRL fans sitting on their couches come to a different decision on an infringement or try scoring play than the referee / bunker, than it's more than just a problem.

The only way this gets fixed is with change. Unitl the game wants to move on from Vlandys and Abdo, this shit show will continue.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This is how they frame it after the fact to try and kill the narrative that refs are biased to good teams
‘But you actually won the penalty count’ lol
Refs always blow a few penalties towards the end of the half or game to even the count
Or they miss calls that will impact the game against the favourite
It doesn’t tell the full story and it’s all too common with Sutton
Exactly, these decisions need to be viewed in context. Each penalty or decision has different impact on the game situation. Momentum is critical in the modern game, a few square up penalties late in the game when the result has been decided might even out the penalty count, but that's about it

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
They did catch Murray the Milker at his usual trick when he made his captain's challenge - and dismissed it.
He is a milker all right and a whiner. He has the knack of questioning everything and I mean everything especially when his side is under pressure simply to 1. Allow them a breather;2 waste time; 3 stop the side receiving the penalty the ability to get play on. Yes, a captain is there to question but not like him.... refs are dumb and fall for it every time.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
I was at the game and tbf Sutton wasn’t too bad except for 3 or 4 key calls all
Mentioned above which all went against us. Most notably Nit penalising latrell which would have allowed us to activate Wilson. Morrin didn’t have to be sent off, but once you set that as the standard Tass and or Wighton should have also been. However Sutton has completely lost the trust of our fans and most likely our players and club. I can’t see it being tenable for him to continue to be an NRL ref. If he refs another one of our games it could go very wrong a player could lose it with him and flatten him or something. The NRL just need to quietly drop him out of the NRL roster. Has to be done. The bias against us is too obvious even to non doggies fans.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I was worried that it would be a send off. We were lucky that it was only a sin bin.
Mitchell's hit was an accident, pure and simple.

We had more than enough opportunities, but we were hit with that double whammy that always sets us back - two players off with injury, forcing players to play out of position, and a man in the bin for ten.

If that had gone the other way, we might have won - but none of those were the fault of the ref.
I firmly believe in the instance of a head clash BOTH parties should be assessed. If one is bad enough to go off and the clash has been a severe one like that ( especially seeing Mitchell was holding his jaw and face and receiving treatment whilst Preston was on the ground.) why shouldn't both be removed for assessment. Souths had Mitchell remain on the field for another ten minutes after Preston went off THEN had him taken off with "double vision" which suddenly came on well after the event still with the benefit of a free interchange and a player a lot fresher coming on.

We now know that Preston received a broken jaw from this and will be missing for at least three weeks...

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yep we had double the penalties that Souths received, and were camped on their line for multiple sets.
There were times when I expected to see us penalised for hold downs, and we got away with them.

I thought Sutton was very fair to us.

We lost because Hutchison has no speed to take advantage of breaks, and Mahoney insists on running sideways with the ball, allowing the defence to get up in our face before he passes to our forwards - who are forced to stand flat waiting for the ball.
So you think fox late hit is ok, kiks late hit ok, the professional foul after a break just before half time is ok, the knock on from south’s after the forward pass is ok, the number of times south’s markers offside was ok, please go watch the game again and see how fair Sutton was.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Shhhh don't upset the whinging bitches and Death Riders narrative, all the refs and the entire NRL are against us that's the one and only reason we lose.
This bloke you don’t think any south’s players should be in the bin?

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Correct.

Roosters, Broncos, Storm have all won multiple games on dodgy calls.

It isn't just us either.

Tigers Dragons & Cowboys have all felt his bias.
Yup. He always give 50/50 calls to the ‘better’ team. Not sure if you notice but he is a lot more open to having chats to ‘good’ teams captains but gives the others zero time. Noticed it quite a bit on Friday but it’s always been a thing from Sutton. I’ve seen him call time off to explain a rule to Cam Smith before like it was his boss. Anyway… hopefully this fucker leaves the game soon.