Official Gus on Twitter

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It sounds as though Mooney's dad is stuck in the nineties. There is no shame in coming off the bench and playing 55 minutes.

When interchanges first became a thing, coaches sent out their best thirteen to start the game, and used the bench players to give their stars a break. As tactics evolved, the idea of a seventeen man squad was born, and coming off the bench no longer means the player's contribution is not valued as highly as the one who starts the game.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Iv nt seen enough of Mooney to have an opinion on how good he might be BUT he has a few in front of him at Canberra -Mariota, Horsbrough, Guler, Papali, Tapine, Puru, Smithies Saulo and the Raiders are light on in the backs.

Is Mooney from western Sydney?

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Iv nt seen enough of Mooney to have an opinion on how good he might be BUT he has a few in front of him at Canberra -Mariota, Horsbrough, Guler, Papali, Tapine, Puru, Smithies Saulo and the Raiders are light on in the backs.

Is Mooney from western Sydney?
Cabramatta Two Blues.

Always a Bulldog

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
On six tackles with Gus (YouTube)
They were talking about injuries to Sharks middle forwards. Gus read our their starting pack this weekend and how good it still is with all the outs.

Most notably for me he closed by mentioning young Max Bradbury and how he's a great young player.
With AFB coming and Uele staying, Sharks middles are stacked. Perhaps I'm being very optimistic, but I can't help but think Gus has just dropped a nice little signing clue for us.
He's still very young and not ready for first grade imo, but would be good to develop in cup.

Further into the podcast when going over the weekly tips, Gus tipped Raider and mentioned that Trey Mooney is a good young player.

Screenshot_2024-03-27-23-51-28-97_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Last edited:

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They were talking about injuries to Sharks middle forwards. Gus read our their starting pack this weekend and how good it still is with all the outs.

Most notably for me he closed by mentioning young Max Bradbury and how he's a great young player.
With AFB coming and Uele staying, Sharks middles are stacked. Perhaps I'm being very optimistic, but I can't help but think Gus has just dropped a nice little signing clue for us.
He's still very young and not ready for first grade imo, but would be good to develop in cup.

Further into the podcast when going over the weekly tips, Gus tipped Raider and mentioned that Trey Mooney is a good young player.

View attachment 104973
Dreams are free KD, both would be terrific signings for our club.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

View attachment 104973
Has a look about him.

dogon

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Ask Gus what has happened to Jeral Skelton after finishing his last game vs the Jets on 15 March.

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

View attachment 104973
Available to be signed if he was interested

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Haha. Been abused by you too and not solely bc I'm a woman on a footy forum I assume.
I have never been abused because I am a woman on a footy forum.

Been abused because I am a Broncos supporter. (well not abused, 'attacked', so I fight fire with fire.)

And @04 Dreaming has never abused me. Am I doing something wrong. :tearsofjoy: