Dare to dream? Smash rabbit

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The time is now to fkn smash them, they are self imploding with player and coach egos clashing, players having whinges and etc

I think with how the media is bashing them and the media has been kinder to us, we might finally see them get screwed over in this game lol

Who also knows, we might see Latrell go back to his farm to relax instead of facing all the media bashing which will most likely continue and not wanna play if he keeps having a sook
We lost the penalty count 9-3 or something yesterday (maybe it was 7-3 :p not sure). Souths will never get screwed over. Latrell stepped and kneed Tedesco. He got sinbinned for pushing him :p

If we win it’s because we turned up and they didn’t. So fingers crossed we win.

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The commentary after Souths lost against the Roosters ‘Souths play the Bulldogs next week, then after that they have a tough draw’. Hopefully the boys heard that for some extra motivation. Even the commentators think an 0-3 Rabbits will do it easy against us.

Reaction score
Defence wins games! Win the ruck, control the luck!! Soz - not sure if that is a thang already ...or if I just made it up then.
But u get the gist. Control the tempo and the wrestle...have the courage to attack with some flair without being reckless and you can nail those little rootin' machines all the way back down into their dingy little burrows.
Course they gonna be angry, motivated AND expecting to win, cos their season is on tilt atm!!
So much better to ambush entitled bobtails.
Would you agree??
C'arn the DOGS!!!!!

BULLDOGGSFAN

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Their right edge defence has looked fragile the last few weeks which is where we're strong with Kiks, Critter and Burto. Wighton didn't look comfortable last week either... It's definitely a winnable game

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Defence wins games! Win the ruck, control the luck!! Soz - not sure if that is a thang already ...or if I just made it up then.
But u get the gist. Control the tempo and the wrestle...have the courage to attack with some flair without being reckless and you can nail those little rootin' machines all the way back down into their dingy little burrows.
Course they gonna be angry, motivated AND expecting to win, cos their season is on tilt atm!!
Would you agree??
C'arn the DOGS!!!!!
I love it mate but tbh after what i saw in the Manly v Slipperiest today the ref will change the momentum of a game based on the script.

We just have to wish this NRLol and its gambling consort just let a rugby league game play out the way its meant too. Hopefully we go in short favourites, probably give us a better chance.

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bro we have been close to winning then they get the calls and latrell sees an easy way out. I reckon we win we look different
Yeah, even previously we were starting well but the game drags out. 1 win and lots to improve on but a lot of positives from the Titans match that hopefully flow on to the next.

Plenty of key moment plays, effort areas too.

Collectively the team seems stronger and may manage the game better, especially with Critta barking out orders, type of player that would get a response from teammates.

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Would you agree??
C'arn the DOGS!!!!!
Exactly, play smart and strong and be brave promoting the ball when it's on. Most players try to 'stick to the plan' playing safe but you need a little chaos to make things work between all that

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Potential is there for the "ugg boot insole" to be on report and sent to the bin after a number of reckless swinging arm tackles in the Titans game.

On form we should win easily but if Sutton, Atkins, ref this game then we're a million to one to get the win.

Ziggy or Butler we're about 500,000/1 to win.

Prefer either Gee or Klein to ref our game.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We lost the penalty count 9-3 or something yesterday (maybe it was 7-3 :p not sure). Souths will never get screwed over. Latrell stepped and kneed Tedesco. He got sinbinned for pushing him :p

The standard of officiating has become embarrassingly bad .... and that is coming from a very low bar before the season started ...

CC complaining last week resulted in the little red headed prick issuing 3-9 penalties and every 50/50 against, despite us winning 32-0.

The same little red headed prick was the video official against Cronulla ....

Was he out to prove a point ?? ...

Remember every ref was once a fan who presumably followed a team and hated other teams ...

Latrell 100% kneed Teddy in the head just as Tino100% used a forearm/ elbow to the throat of King, and he has history .... but we get crickets. Not even mentioned by the commentators. We have had two tries awarded against us thus far from a blatant double movement (Parra) and a blatant knock on Talaki (Sharks) with again crickets from all and sundry .... it's like living in the Twighlight Zone .....

What conclusions can one draw other than corruption/incompetence when the third official has the same vision, we all see ??? ....

The Bulldogs haven't received a 50/50 call all season .... Not exaggerating .....

On top of the corruption/incompetence the game has gone mad in its effort to be perfect ...

Apply the slightest pressure to the back of a neck and you are on report (Many are simply unavoidable accidents) ... Cop the slightest hit to the head and you are off for HIA ... Fully understand the obviously serious cases, but players are walking off bemused .....

The captain's challenge is a personal bugbear .... as is replay after replay in super slow motion .... A clean putdown can look dodgy at that speed...

The obstruction rule has become farcical .... i have no doubt players are milking it ....

Sometimes you can knock the ball out of a player's hand, and it is deemed a loose carry (scrum) ..... other times it is 6 more play on ....

The new rules regarding kick offs /restarts are very strange to say the least .... Fail to kick it ten .... no worries ... Catch it before it goes ten ..... penalty.

Drop the ball over the line ... 7 tackle restart .... drop it in the field of play 6 tackle restart ....

Set restarts at the whim of the official ....

I can only laugh when a video ref states CATEGORICALLY it touched so and so's little pinkie in a sea of hands ....

The game at times has little bearing to the one i fell in love with ... Watch a game from 10 years ago let alone the 80's/ 90's and the difference is staggering .... The game is managed these days ...

I am pretty confident of a win against Souths on Friday, if it is left to the players (our defense is coming along very nicely, with a distinctly Penrith feel to it), but i have ZERO confidence that will be allowed to happen ..... NOBODY in the league world except us and The Roosters wants to see Souths 0-4.

Will the league appoint Sutton on a Good Friday v Souths ???? ...

Why are Souths paying $1.50 for our game .... is there massive money for them ???? .... i would have thought it would be close to even money ???

End Rant ...

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

It was 9-3 bro

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The standard of officiating has become embarrassingly bad .... and that is coming from a very low bar before the season started ...

CC complaining last week resulted in the little red headed prick issuing 3-9 penalties and every 50/50 against, despite us winning 32-0.

The same little red headed prick was the video official against Cronulla ....

Was he out to prove a point ?? ...

Remember every ref was once a fan who presumably followed a team and hated other teams ...

Latrell 100% kneed Teddy in the head just as Tino100% used a forearm/ elbow to the throat of King, and he has history .... but we get crickets. Not even mentioned by the commentators. We have had two tries awarded against us thus far from a blatant double movement (Parra) and a blatant knock on Talaki (Sharks) with again crickets from all and sundry .... it's like living in the Twighlight Zone .....

What conclusions can one draw other than corruption/incompetence when the third official has the same vision, we all see ??? ....

The Bulldogs haven't received a 50/50 call all season .... Not exaggerating .....

On top of the corruption/incompetence the game has gone mad in its effort to be perfect ...

Apply the slightest pressure to the back of a neck and you are on report (Many are simply unavoidable accidents) ... Cop the slightest hit to the head and you are off for HIA ... Fully understand the obviously serious cases, but players are walking off bemused .....

The captain's challenge is a personal bugbear .... as is replay after replay in super slow motion .... A clean putdown can look dodgy at that speed...

The obstruction rule has become farcical .... i have no doubt players are milking it ....

Sometimes you can knock the ball out of a player's hand, and it is deemed a loose carry (scrum) ..... other times it is 6 more play on ....

The new rules regarding kick offs /restarts are very strange to say the least .... Fail to kick it ten .... no worries ... Catch it before it goes ten ..... penalty.

Drop the ball over the line ... 7 tackle restart .... drop it in the field of play 6 tackle restart ....

Set restarts at the whim of the official ....

I can only laugh when a video ref states CATEGORICALLY it touched so and so's little pinkie in a sea of hands ....

The game at times has little bearing to the one i fell in love with ... Watch a game from 10 years ago let alone the 80's/ 90's and the difference is staggering .... The game is managed these days ...

I am pretty confident of a win against Souths on Friday, if it is left to the players (our defense is coming along very nicely, with a distinctly Penrith feel to it), but i have ZERO confidence that will be allowed to happen ..... NOBODY in the league world except us and The Roosters wants to see Souths 0-4.

Will the league appoint Sutton on a Good Friday v Souths ???? ...

Why are Souths paying $1.50 for our game .... is there massive money for them ???? .... i would have thought it would be close to even money ???

End Rant ...
Well said Billy. Shame the priority is which is the next team to go to Vegas instead of fixing our officiating, video calls and rules like you highlight.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Though I have heard Murray and Walker off each other big time. Punched on in Vegas. SSSSSHHHHH

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Reminder about last year's corresponding fixture how JD went on to whinge in the post match that we'd apparently commited 4 hip drops on his players and he was bewildered at how it was happening as teams don't train to do it.. therefore insinuating that we do. Not before signing off by licking the NRLs arsehole by praising their efforts (to stamp us out of the game)

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just on another note, when the attacking side put up a bomb and FB or winger are measuring it to take it with a defender bearing down on them.

Sometimes in this situation there are clear grounds for a penalty when the player has been tackled while in the air and then play on when the FB, winger or centre catch the ball and then take the tackle.

What I've seen however is players running through after the kick know exactly where the ball is heading and while most are looking at the skyward ball, the ref and or the touchies are looking to see if the defender running in, has eyes for the ball or only for the player attempting the catch.

What I've noticed is that the defender running in knows exactly where the player is and makes a beeline for him BUT still has his eyes skyward as if he's attempting to catch the ball. Problem is when the ball comes down the defender has cleverly taken out the player knowing full well, they had NO intention of catching the ball at all but avoided a penalty by focusing on it.

Don't know if anyone has seen this but I've seen it quite a few times and instead of giving away a penalty it normally ends with a loose ball and the defender having done his job in taking out the player has now allowed for a teammate to land on the ball and the ref's are none the wiser.

Rules are rules but they can always be exploited. Wally Lewis and Terry Lamb were masters at knowing how to exploit the rules.

hoody06

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I love what Morrin brings, but I feel we need to go with a bit of size. If Poasa is back this week, I'd replace him. If Knight and King start, then a bench of Mann, Curran, Hughes, Poasa looks good to me.

Sent from my SM-S921B using Tapatalk

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I love what Morrin brings, but I feel we need to go with a bit of size. If Poasa is back this week, I'd replace him. If Knight and King start, then a bench of Mann, Curran, Hughes, Poasa looks good to me.

Sent from my SM-S921B using Tapatalk
Its a tough one.. i think it depends what Souths go with on the bench.

They usually go with 2 big guys, a small guy and a ute. Same as us... I think we will keep our bench if that's the case and save the big guy for another day.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just on another note, when the attacking side put up a bomb and FB or winger are measuring it to take it with a defender bearing down on them.

Sometimes in this situation there are clear grounds for a penalty when the player has been tackled while in the air and then play on when the FB, winger or centre catch the ball and then take the tackle.

What I've seen however is players running through after the kick know exactly where the ball is heading and while most are looking at the skyward ball, the ref and or the touchies are looking to see if the defender running in, has eyes for the ball or only for the player attempting the catch.

What I've noticed is that the defender running in knows exactly where the player is and makes a beeline for him BUT still has his eyes skyward as if he's attempting to catch the ball. Problem is when the ball comes down the defender has cleverly taken out the player knowing full well, they had NO intention of catching the ball at all but avoided a penalty by focusing on it.

Don't know if anyone has seen this but I've seen it quite a few times and instead of giving away a penalty it normally ends with a loose ball and the defender having done his job in taking out the player has now allowed for a teammate to land on the ball and the ref's are none the wiser.

Rules are rules but they can always be exploited. Wally Lewis and Terry Lamb were masters at knowing how to exploit the rules.
Another part of the game that needs to rubbed out if they're serious about duty of care.

Last night Papenhauzen almost had his neck broken because of exactly what u are talking about.. There needs to be a harsh penalty instilled to ensure players and coaches are discouraged to implore such a grub tactic.