OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Post Game Thread round 3 | Bulldogs 32 - 0 Titans

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty sure Taafe has never played an nrl game at halfback so would be shocked if this was even a consideration.

He would be a massive defensive liability in the front line
So true. People here get excited because Taaffe played NSW under 19’s in the halves. You’d think by now that they’d understand that hyped up juniors don’t always cut it in the NRL

PeteHazz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
after Watching the replay last night, it’s evident that cc is trying to build team chemistry within the squad and its the reason why he’s not moving the squad around position wise… they played like a team yesterday even if titans were shit, they put 30+ points on us last year… hopefully we can continue to build chemistry over the coming weeks and with thst will come more and more confidence….
Agreed. I've felt for a while that he's sticking to the system, the basis of which was a promise to the players; train hard, buy in, 100% effort all the time and I'll back you. As frustrating as 2023 was, those players now know hard work and setting standards brings rewards

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Watching the replay, they literally attacked our line once in the first half.

Reaction score
Given the poor quality of the opposition yesterday, that was effectively a trial game.

The 2024 season starts next Friday.

The main selection question for Ciraldo will be who does JAC replace?

Tracey, Wilson or Taaffe?

If there are changes to the bench only Patolo and Hopoi looked like they could handle promotion based on the NSW Cup game. Possibly Kautoga.
Todd does look promising.
Hipoi had a huge game - Exactly what we need!!
Offence : 231 run metres, 109 PCM , 3 tackle busts, 3 offloads
Defence : 30 tackles , 0 misses
He was fast, strong, & totally invested.

Kautoga was good, so too Harry Hayes.
Patolo was ok - strong, but possibly still a little slow?

Those first 3 lads all have good speed, which looks an essential ingredient in CC's defensive master plan.
But for mine ...it's Lipoi Hopoi .... plus bonus points for the coolest name in Rugba League!!

Question is ... does Hopoi take the place of Billy Idol/Farmer Silly or the Salmon.
Strikes me Kurt Mann could do Salmon's role (ie - distribute out the back BUT he'd also add a genuine run threat). Fish struggle to be running threats.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Just watching this game again and this is actually some really smart coaching from Ciraldo, the whole team has been switched on to the no blockers rule and making sure they where all putting pressure on Boyd kicking on the last. That rule change is going to put a lot of pressure on Halfbacks like Cleary who are used to having lots of time and space to kick. Every side in the comp will be doing this next weekend.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Just watching this game again and this is actually some really smart coaching from Ciraldo, the whole team has been switched on to the no blockers rule and making sure they where all putting pressure on Boyd kicking on the last. That rule change is going to put a lot of pressure on Halfbacks like Cleary who are used to having lots of time and space to kick. Every side in the comp will be doing this next weekend.
The player that loves this rule change the most is Kiks

Reaction score
Home ground advantage makes a big difference mate.

I reckon if that game was played at a lifeless Accor stadium with 12,000 fans then the score line is nowhere near as dominant
Yup !!
Lemme see ...
Belmore or Accor?

What do the punters think??
How do we change this nonsense. At least 50/50 split between the venues.
Rockin' Belmore or Life support Accor??

Same with Leichhardt Oval for the Wonderful bouncy Tiggers.
Tribal game ... play at your home!!

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
There was this one play that happened Burton had the ball on the left side and with open space down the edge. It was a perfect moment for a kick for JAC but never happened, becuase he wasn’t there. Did anyone else think the same?

Reaction score
I don't think Taafe has succesfully taken a contested bomb in all 3 games and it is definitely a weakness that we need to fix. We can't keep giving the ball back to the opposition so close to our line

Taafe has enthusiasm and plenty of energy but he isn't contributing that much to the team and I think eventually will be "bombed" out of the team

CC will surely stick with him this week but for me Tracey should be fullback
Or Kiraz
Or Critta

But probs not yet.
Taaffe tried his guts out (again) but he needed sunglasses in the first half. Springs in his boots would have been handy too.
He just can't get above anyone else who contests the bomb.
on the + side : Nice run out of dead ball zone to save us. Great back up for Mahoney try (he was sniffing about a lot more yday) and he is a good link man (has set up a few tries). These are his Billy Slater qualities. Now he needs to catch bombs like Billy.

chihuahua dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Kiraz looked pretty bloody home at centre yesterday. Xerri in first grade looks pretty far off now. Great depth to have and to keep the boys honest regardless.