Opinion Blake Taffee

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
If.. Brimson/Foran scored that try, it would have been a totally different ball game and we would hsve been under the pump from the start.. this kid isnt FG material, back up at best.

Tracey covered his ass for the rest of the game. Even Tracey looks like he might break the line every time he returns the ball

When Taffe, its heart and mouth every time the opposition puts up a bomb.....

Point is.. Taffe is poo

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He’s a glaring weakness. He got so thoroughly out leapt by Brimson who is actually shorter than him. He is more likely, statistically, to drop a bomb than catch one. When he is finally replaced you will see us reach another level
I love how you pull "statistically" out of the hat. That's bullshit. His only mistake yesterday that I can recall was when he was staring into the sun and shading his face from the sun, and then Brimson, with the advantage of the sun behind him while sprinting down field towards the ball, jumped above, and into him before he left the ground.
How about when Tracey tried to difuse a bomb in our ingoal, but coughed it up, only to have Taffe catch it, dance around some defenders and then make it back into the field of play??
As usual, kennel posters latch onto a player they dislike, and they become the scapegoat, and kennel whipping boy.
Yesterday's game was the first time this season that we have dominated a game, and taffe actually did quite well. Backed up mahoney when he made a break and scored a good try, and very, very nearly scored a second when Wilson toed it ahead. There was just the one blemish on him all game, so how about we give the guy some credit.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If.. Brimson/Foran scored that try, it would have been a totally different ball game and we would hsve been under the pump from the start.. this kid isnt FG material, back up at best.

Tracey covered his ass for the rest of the game. Even Tracey looks like he might break the line every time he returns the ball

When Taffe, its heart and mouth every time the opposition puts up a bomb.....

Point is.. Taffe is poo
Bullshit! Taffe covered Tracey's ass when he spilled a bomb in our ingoal. At least be factual with your dislike.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Also how good was his run out of the in goal. It looked like a repeat set for all money but his speed and urgency helped the team.

Reactions: J_B

eman & the Utai SLAM

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'm OK with Taaffe. He has improved, and is safe enough under the ball. Even star fullbacks sometimes drop the ball under pressure.

My biggest concern is that he is light. He has the speed we want in a fullback, but he has no size or weight to break a tackle or push players back when he runs into them.

While I like Taaffe, I think that Xerri or Crichton would have more impact.
Taafe is NOT SAFE. He dropped 2 balls yesterday in a big win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
In the mid week presser CC said that the team selections have been informed by some guys being under done in the preseason and that the team would “evolve” over the year

Mad respect to him if he pulls the trigger on the Taffee to Tracey swap this week despite a win

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I love how you pull "statistically" out of the hat. That's bullshit. His only mistake yesterday that I can recall was when he was staring into the sun and shading his face from the sun, and then Brimson, with the advantage of the sun behind him while sprinting down field towards the ball, jumped above, and into him before he left the ground.
How about when Tracey tried to difuse a bomb in our ingoal, but coughed it up, only to have Taffe catch it, dance around some defenders and then make it back into the field of play??
As usual, kennel posters latch onto a player they dislike, and they become the scapegoat, and kennel whipping boy.
Yesterday's game was the first time this season that we have dominated a game, and taffe actually did quite well. Backed up mahoney when he made a break and scored a good try, and very, very nearly scored a second when Wilson toed it ahead. There was just the one blemish on him all game, so how about we give the guy some credit.
Yes but I’m not just referring to yesterday’s game. I’m talking about every game he’s had in our colours including trials. Every attacking bomb from the opposition is a lottery and he’s terrible under the high ball. Good on him for playing decent yesterday but I’m not interested in persisting with him at fb when it’s clear he’s a reserve grader