Opinion You can't win games by defence alone?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
It’s a false indicator, We made 13 errors vs Parra and gave them a massive amount of possession…. We lost a middle in the first 15secs against Sharks and defended multiple sets in our red zone. We’re top 8 defensively in my eyes but our attack is lack lustre adding it doesn’t help when only one player in our forward pack cracks 100+ running metres.
and for some reason that player is playing 45 minutes when in the previous 2 seasons his minutes have been closer to 55...

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Burton plays like a centre at five eight, they give up on Hutch & pick sexbomb and we give up on taffe at Fb i would be happier. I feel taffe just doesn't link in attack effectively

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
As I’ve said in another thread, I think our biggest problem is completiton rates. This gifts our opponents much more than 50% of the ball, which of course puts pressure on our defence. I think our defence has improved this year.

Bullfrog2

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You need to score to win that’s we we put Burton a 5/8 so he can create opportunities and we can score heaps of try’s every weekend.
Go the dogs!

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Kick to the wingers like two years ago

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Defence hasn’t been costing us game. Dropping the first ball we got in the last 2 games has us on the back foot. Drop balls and fatigue is getting us. We secure the ball defend our hearts out and get some sort of combo in attack and we will get some wins soon. Doubt we trouble any of the top teams though.

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exactly my point.
And the Warren Ryan era had a very elite coach in Warren Ryan.

Potter, Lamb and Mortimer as a 1-6-7 way above anything our club has and pretty much would be the best 1-6-7 in the game today.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Remember when we could just grind out wins against far more potent attacking teams and win on the back of Halligans boot? Fuck the six again rule...it killed our culture.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can't win games on defence alone, but there is one thing for sure....

YOU MOST CERTAINLY WILL LOSE EVERY GAME WITH INEPT DEFENCE!!!

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Every time I read the thread title I can’t help but think of this..

IMG_1088.gif