OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Round 2 - Post Game Thread - Sharks 25 - 6 Bulldogs

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haha mate 100%

100% agree, but you aren't allowed to say this until around Round 10 apparently...
Yeah this whole round 10 thing amazes me. Does that mean we look forward to another dud season. I thought you could change things if it doesn’t work. Wayne Bennett did it just last week. He’s not there to make friends, but he finds success. Ciraldo seems like a smart, nice bloke - but can he not make tough decisions if they need to be made or do we have another Trent Barrett on our hands.

Dog4life77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Both..
So you can’t see green shoots ahead for us?
We might not be premiers in that time..but we won’t be the team we have seen in past 7 or 8 years either..
And that improvement will see both see out their tenure
That’s it..a laugh emoji??
Not high up in the intelligence department then I see

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Ironic that opposition fans talk up our team more than we do, pisses me off but that’s the nature of this joint.
I'm fucking ecstatic with that performance.

Last year vs storm we all knew it was a fluke, our early wins were from fluke tries

This game it actually looked like we're building a unit, a team.

If Burton doesn't pan out as a great half, we only have to replace burton, not the whole team

That's the difference, the unit, the collective is there, now we just chip away at the bits to make the masterpiece

This game has me pro-ciraldo at the moment

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
8 years of crap knowing what our history is what we were I get the dogs fans are frustrated I’ve been going for the dogs since 76 and even my patience is wearing thin and I get the fact teams have eras but we’ve been garbage for near a decade now and the salary cap was supposed to fix everything my arse it has its just who rorts it better

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm fucking ecstatic with that performance.

Last year vs storm we all knew it was a fluke, our early wins were from fluke tries

This game it actually looked like we're building a unit, a team.

If Burton doesn't pan out as a great half, we only have to replace burton, not the whole team

That's the difference, the unit, the collective is there, now we just chip away at the bits to make the masterpiece

This game has me pro-ciraldo at the moment
We are a halfback and one or two more decent props away from being a consistent top 8 side IMO

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
We are a halfback and one or two more decent props away from being a consistent top 8 side IMO
We still have patalo trying to get full fitness, and Zane and the other prop (fifita?) we just signed who could potentially make a difference to our rotations.

That could be a major turn around just for this season alone

I can see light at the end of the tunnel, there's no chance we are on the same level as rhe past few seasons, I'm confidently saying we've taken a big step forward

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
We still have patalo trying to get full fitness, and Zane and the other prop (fifita?) we just signed who could potentially make a difference to our rotations.

That could be a major turn around just for this season alone

I can see light at the end of the tunnel, there's no chance we are on the same level as rhe past few seasons, I'm confidently saying we've taken a big step forward
We still need that one marquee/ enforcer style prop for mine but I 100% agree

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm certainly not the most knowledgeable footy brains on here, and will never pretend to be.

I love coming and listening to so many different views, and getting a variety of perspectives on our plan as it helps me paint the whole picture.

But of late ...

Deadset, if you can't see the progress and improvement in this team then you shouldn't be watching footy. Seriously.

No one is happy with losing. Everyone wants to be winning. We should be playing better. Of course.

But, there can be and are plenty of positives when you see your team lose especially in the way we've been doing.

Our defensive structure and commitment to the team, principles, foundations etc is fantastic.

We're building something and with some fine tuning over the coming weeks, we'll only go from strength to strength.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I'm certainly not the most knowledgeable footy brains on here, and will never pretend to be.

I love coming and listening to so many different views, and getting a variety of perspectives on our plan as it helps me paint the whole picture.

But of late ...

Deadset, if you can't see the progress and improvement in this team then you shouldn't be watching footy. Seriously.

No one is happy with losing. Everyone wants to be winning. We should be playing better. Of course.

But, there can be and are plenty of positives when you see your team lose especially in the way we've been doing.

Our defensive structure and commitment to the team, principles, foundations etc is fantastic.

We're building something and with some fine tuning over the coming weeks, we'll only go from strength to strength.
That 1st half was some of the best footy we've played in years and the game still ended 25-6. We're still so far away it's not funny and it's obvious we've made mistakes selection wise. I don't see how we can be happy, even if there's improvement (different levels, still not good enough), when we're still a bottom 3 team. It's just not good enough.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

But of late ...

Alot of people on here/social media watch alot of footy but dont understand what theyre watching, Ciraldo is copping alot of unwarranted shit from our fanbase even in last weeks flogging you could see a huge improvement. The deadwood that werent intelligent enough to learn the defensive structures have been moved on and replaced with players that clearly get it.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That 1st half was some of the best footy we've played in years and the game still ended 25-6. We're still so far away it's not funny and it's obvious we've made mistakes selection wise. I don't see how we can be happy, even if there's improvement (different levels, still not good enough), when we're still a bottom 3 team. It's just not good enough.
Wait. So you're saying the 1st half was some of the best footy we've played in years but ...

I honestly give up. Really.

I get it's not nice losing by 19 points.

But surely you can see the bigger picture here?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Alot of people on here/social media watch alot of footy but dont understand what theyre watching, Ciraldo is copping alot of unwarranted shit from our fanbase even in last weeks flogging you could see a huge improvement. The deadwood that werent intelligent enough to learn the defensive structures have been moved on and replaced with players that clearly get it.
Completely agree.

I'm not here saying we're incredible or we're going to have a Stella year, but surely people can finally see the structures, systems we have in place and know that as a team we're only going to improve.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
These are the comments from the sharks fans, if you ***** don't think we've advanced, you have fucking rocks in your head

View attachment 104152
Not wanting to be negative, (we have more than enough on TK), what worries me is that with the game been so physically hard on players bodies and the effort our lads put in against Parra and the sharks, the next few games will will take its toll on our players, and score blowouts against us will again not be to far away.
I hope and pray that I'm wrong.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When betting is involved corruption becomes part of the sport! How can anyone think that any sport is clean when betting is involved! Bunker, 6 again on the fly referee discretion, different calls for the same infringement… etc, etc….
HOW TRUE.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Thinking about our performance overall I’ve got nothing really to have a gripe with other than hutch being slow at times.

We deserved to win it and played with grit and determination, made some mistakes but that will happen when you’re getting done hard by the ref.

On the refs and bunker, what an absolute joke because nothing is going to happen and you can’t talk about them being absolute turds because you’ll get fined.

As much as I love the game I hate it for how clearly we have a bias against us, no other club gets ridden this hard and it’s about time the club makes a issue of it.

Last edited:

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not bagging Finucane, I love the bloke. Was a beast with us and storm but nrl is so past him now. I felt safe when he was in the field taking hit ups.