Official Gus on Twitter

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We really lack a dominant voice in the halves.

I’m never usually one to rush a kid but if Woods continues his form in Flegg later in the year I think he has to come into consideration for 2025. Some forwards like Jack Todd might come through with him.
Yeah he sounds like our saviour. We can only hope he continues he’s progression, and stays loyal to us. Such a shame Oloapu has had he’s neck injury. He’d of been ready to rock and roll next year or later this year for sure, was such a touted signing.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score

I’m never usually one to rush a kid but if Woods continues his form in Flegg later in the year I think he has to come into consideration for 2025. Some forwards like Jack Todd might come through with him.
You’d hope if his form is good enough he will get a few games in nsw cup to see how he goes against men this year.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Funny how Gus takes over at these clubs that have been perennial losers for years, spends years there being paid big coin to supposedly twiddle his thumbs contributing nothing, yet after he leaves they all of a sudden become powerhouse clubs & win multiple premierships ..

Happened at Roosters and the Panthers .. pretty sure he did similar at Origin level as well ..

Can anyone explain this weird phenomenon .. ?
It's like clubs tank just to be rid of him aye??

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah he sounds like our saviour. We can only hope he continues he’s progression, and stays loyal to us. Such a shame Oloapu has had he’s neck injury. He’d of been ready to rock and roll next year or later this year for sure, was such a touted signing.
Hopefully we get a positive update on Karl soon. He’s definitely a first grader.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Someone said all our teams won except for f/g. I failed to see the relevence as regards the f/g outcome.
I can't ever recall a lower grade game impacting the first grade outcome on any given day. But they will in the future

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My concern is why couldn't we do it early enough in this game and also in the trial against the Sharks, otherwise I do agree with your points.
We had hardly any ball in the first half though,when we did have it, we were coming out of our own end.

Dogahol

Waterboy
Reaction score

Woods is playing SG Ball. Hopefully plays some Flegg towards the back end of the year.

O'Neil is playing Flegg. He needs to be moved into NSW Cup right away

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Why not try Burton as a Isaiah yep as a ball playing lock similarities to 5/8. Then we improve his running game. His defence is solid and he is a large body could work. And lets us build centres that are centres. Only variable will he work as a lock

Dogahol

Waterboy
Reaction score
Why not try Burton as a Isaiah yep as a ball playing lock similarities to 5/8. Then we improve his running game. His defence is solid and he is a large body could work. And lets us build centres that are centres. Only variable will he work as a lock
I was chatting to a Souths fan at work this morning about that too. A Travis Norton type player

Reactions: ATT

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
It is time for Gus to move on. His ego has cost us a couple Marquee props already.

Can someone ping him and remind him that the "Club First. Team Second. Individual Third." mantra applies to him too.
No thanks. Gus is doing a great job, imagine how fucked we'd be if we had no promising juniors right now.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Woods is playing SG Ball. Hopefully plays some Flegg towards the back end of the year.

O'Neil is playing Flegg. He needs to be moved into NSW Cup right away
Form and injury permitting he’ll definitely play Flegg after Ball season finishes.

Agree with O’Neill I think he’ll find himself in Cup at some point. Maybe when Woods joins Flegg team.

Eesma

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It is time for Gus to move on. His ego has cost us a couple Marquee props already.

Can someone ping him and remind him that the "Club First. Team Second. Individual Third." mantra applies to him too.
He's the only reason there's any hope for the future right now. Our pathways are looking more stacked than they have in a very long time. We have lower grade teams who could go on to reach Panthers level success in the next few years, the way they're looking. If the long term health of the club means we missed a couple of good props in the short term, so be it.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We had hardly any ball in the first half though,when we did have it, we were coming out of our own end.
I partly agree but one of the reasons we didn't have much of the ball is when we did have it we lost it, another our props struggled to lay a platform to going forward that ultimately would have given us better ball control.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
This has merit if he could talk and organise. Also I a scared to think how many tackles he and Mahoney would miss in the middle together. Burton at lock could work in another side, but definitely not ours.

Reactions: ATT