Official Gus on Twitter

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
In his 2nd season and ciraldo has earned 0 cred yet as a fg coach. And 3rd season as a 6 and burton has earned 0 cred as a half. Would he rather be a star centre or bog average half? Half pays better i guess

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I understand both sides of it, I’m frustrated and over it but it’s not worth stressing out for me personally because it messes with my physical health and that’s not worth it.

Just like TV shows and movies, sport is entertainment and I have to learn to take it as it is.
Mate it's life and death to a lot of us ;) My grandparents were original founders of the club breaking away from St George to form the CB Berries. They instilled in me a love for entertaining and successful RL in our team. We didn't always win but we gave it the best possible 100% shot and fought to the 80th minute. We want the pride restored and being perrenial losers is just not palatable nor acceptable under any circumstances :grinning:

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
True, but not being negative I said before we scored " I wish we don't score so we don't get a false hope ", the reason for that I though our attack was terrible, changes need to be made for next game !
There’s no false hope, the 2 tries we scored were good to watch and gives plenty of hope. Finally got Kiks 1 on 1 with a smaller defender to set up Critta in the corner and a nice sweeping move to right looked good also. The defence was impressive as well I thought. If we had less drop ball and bad ref calls we were in that game in the second half. We’re better than last year that’s for sure.

BlackJackBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
There’s no false hope, the 2 tries we scored were good to watch and gives plenty of hope. Finally got Kiks 1 on 1 with a smaller defender to set up Critta in the corner and a nice sweeping move to right looked good also. The defence was impressive as well I thought. If we had less drop ball and bad ref calls we were in that game in the second half. We’re better than last year that’s for sure.
A big improvement on last year is also the amount of players in movement off the ball when in attack...

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Mate it's life and death to a lot of us ;) My grandparents were original founders of the club breaking away from St George to form the CB Berries. They instilled in me a love for entertaining and successful RL in our team. We didn't always win but we gave it the best possible 100% shot and fought to the 80th minute. We want the pride restored and being perrenial losers is just not palatable nor acceptable under any circumstances :grinning:
Nothing wrong with passion and wanting the best from the club, just means you’re a real supporter.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My concern is why couldn't we do it early enough in this game and also in the trial against the Sharks, otherwise I do agree with your points.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Said when his reign began he wouldn’t be a success at Canterbury.
His recruitment has been horrendous. Most clubs have 2-3 utilities at most, the Dogs have 6.
The spine and front row hold the key to success. Gould has failed miserably.
And what he does a recruitment wonder like 09 and we still finish with no premiership then miss finals again the following seasons?

I'd rather just go for sustained success now than pissing money away and damaging the salary cap.

We've been through seven years of crap what is another 2 or 3 tough years?

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
In his 2nd season and ciraldo has earned 0 cred yet as a fg coach. And 3rd season as a 6 and burton has earned 0 cred as a half. Would he rather be a star centre or bog average half? Half pays better i guess
So bloody true. Yet the coach seems to be adored by a great many who see his as a strategic genius and one of the very best to ever coach a team.
I don't get it one bit he's a had a complete shocker to date

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
True, but not being negative I said before we scored " I wish we don't score so we don't get a false hope ", the reason for that I though our attack was terrible, changes need to be made for next game !
100% I’m with you, but it’s only round one Penrith broncos and south’s have lost doesn’t mean there season is over.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
As far as coaches go im sorry we didnt get Flanagan as coach instead, even if it meant keeping Kyle around. I was agreeing to us getting him when it was discussed a while ago here. Kyle showed something playing for dragons under his dad.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As far as coaches go im sorry we didnt get Flanagan as coach instead, even if it meant keeping Kyle around. I was agreeing to us getting him when it was discussed a while ago here. Although Kyle showed something playing for dragons under his dad.
I said it from the start… it’s criminal that gus passed up an opportunity to sign a proven coach While we were in turmoil, instead we go and sign a rookie with no experience to get us out of this mess.. amateur hour

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see if Flanagan continues to go better over the long term, not just under his dad, but also at 6. He may be an ok 6.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your personal connection to the club, the expectations you've mentioned are the signs of a true supporter !

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have you watched our lower grades?
Gus knows what he’s doing, there isn’t much out there to buy and all the signings have been a 1 or 2 year max , cause 2025 there is a shit load of players coming of contract.
I know you won’t admit it but Gus fixed the roosters why so angry?
He fixed the Roosters ? U have got to be kidding me ! As soon as he left as coach they played in 4 grands in 5 years
He bought a bunch of reject utilities that clubs didn’t want