Official 2024 SG Ball, Harold Matts Squads , Scores and Team News

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i was out there today, Matts should have won, goal kicking cost us. SG Ball good win but parra are average. Woods was very good.
Great to hear that Woods is starting to find his feet in ball, hopefully this was the game the team needed to get back on track and bring home the trophy.
As for Matts I've been really impressed with the halves so far and I feel there's a few to keep an eye on in the forwards too, Itula Seve and Malaki Ah-Loo look like clones out there.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Great to hear that Woods is starting to find his feet in ball, hopefully this was the game the team needed to get back on track and bring home the trophy.
As for Matts I've been really impressed with the halves so far and I feel there's a few to keep an eye on in the forwards too, Itula Seve and Malaki Ah-Loo look like clones out there.
yeh the 7 played well but his goal kicking cost us the match.
I sat beside Arthur Laundy for both games today, didnt even know it was him until he introduced himself to me. Had some interesting chats about the club.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good to see another potential 9 coming through the grades, I know it's only early days but so far Mahoney doesn't look like a long term option.
I think Mahoney is under most pressure - poor end of last season, poor in trials. Turpin n Mann are fg ready options at 9 if he doesnt play well.

Reactions: ATT

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
I think Mahoney is under most pressure - poor end of last season, poor in trials. Turpin n Mann are fg ready options at 9 if he doesnt play well.
He set up 1 of our tries in the trials but apart from that didn’t look that good to the eye test, although he tackled well, made plenty of legs tackles, often 2 or 3 a set and often rolled off when tackle was nearly completed. May have artificially upped his missed tackle figures. He def needs to just focus on defence. Last year he was just too manic. Trying to do it all himself, tackle everyone set up all the tries, do some kicking. Not his fault had to step up due to our halves poor form. This year He just needs to take a step back and play a smaller role in the team. I also like the idea of splitting his minutes with Mann or Hayward, where they are told to run first, while Mahoney is told to pass off the ground. I seriously believe if he gets proper coaching he will be great on natural ability he is probs the 2nd best hooker in the game, only behind Grant.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
He set up 1 of our tries in the trials but apart from that didn’t look that good to the eye test, although he tackled well, made plenty of legs tackles, often 2 or 3 a set and often rolled off when tackle was nearly completed. May have artificially upped his missed tackle figures. He def needs to just focus on defence. Last year he was just too manic. Trying to do it all himself, tackle everyone set up all the tries, do some kicking. Not his fault had to step up due to our halves poor form. This year He just needs to take a step back and play a smaller role in the team. I also like the idea of splitting his minutes with Mann or Hayward, where they are told to run first, while Mahoney is told to pass off the ground. I seriously believe if he gets proper coaching he will be great on natural ability he is probs the 2nd best hooker in the game, only behind Grant.
Definitely tried to do too much and was left on the field far too long - get the dummy half work and defence working first.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Whoever plays fullback and half are gonna be under pressure too. Plenty of options in those positions