Zane Tetevano signs a one-year deal

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Matt lodge should never have played NRL again and this POS shouldn't have either IMO
I agree but these Blokes have been trained at a young age to bash people So it’s in their nature. Unfortunately some can’t distinguish when they aren’t on the footy field.

I highly doubt any top side is full of saints

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
AFB was a teenager and kicked out at her while drunk. It was a one off event and was extremely remorseful for it. Yes it's still a fucking shit thing to do.

Tetevano on the other hand wasn't a teenager and it was a series of attacks that included stalking and not just a one off drunken outburst. He pleaded guilty and was found guilty to numerous charges and would've been locked up if not for getting off on a BS appeal where he claimed he wasn't going to return to the NRL. He returned 2 years later.

I just can't understand why we need to go down this route and how accepting our fans are of something like this.
What made the appeal BS?

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Big Kas playing for Dapto.. bring him back on some match payments and kebabs

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
What made the appeal BS?
Part of his defence was that he had "no desire to return to the toxic environment that the NRL invites". There's articles on it but they're all paywalled and it's taken too long to get through.

Anyway I'll just have to accept this is unfortunately the type do club we are right now. A few in here seem to take pride in that though.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Part of his defence was that he had "no desire to return to the toxic environment that the NRL invites". There's articles on it but they're all paywalled and it's taken too long to get through.

Anyway I'll just have to accept this is unfortunately the type do club we are right now. A few in here seem to take pride in that though.
There are different views, there is always going to be. You can't do much about what anyone else might think is right or wrong, that is up to them, however it is obviously important to you that the club makes sound decisions. Do you think there should be space for people who have committed DV to be rehabilitated and learn to be better people? (Assuming that the victim is properly and appropriately supported, and ask anyone who has seen the outcomes of DV, this is extremely important).

PS - I abhor DV, I've seen some of the outcomes.

Micko

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The kennel zomg we need props we have no props were doomed, Club signs a prop for 1 season cheap when the market is dry af a week out from round 1... Omg ew signed a prop that committed a crime 10 years ago lets cry
Unfortunately that’s the way this place is. It doesn’t matter who signs. Somebody dislikes it. I’m confident if we signed Nathan Cleary somebody would be against it.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
There are different views, there is always going to be. You can't do much about what anyone else might think is right or wrong, that is up to them, however it is obviously important to you that the club makes sound decisions. Do you think there should be space for people who have committed DV to be rehabilitated and learn to be better people? (Assuming that the victim is properly and appropriately supported, and ask anyone who has seen the outcomes of DV, this is extremely important).

PS - I abhor DV, I've seen some of the outcomes.
Of course there should be, I'd just rather it not be with us at this stage of our development.