2024 Bulldogs AGM

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Seen Taaffe play 2 or 3 games last year played pretty good, definitely not as bad as some of you say i think one game was against us were he pretty much killed it.
im not a Taafe fan YET, but he has very good passing skills and with 2 strike centres on either side he could be lethal there.
As i said earlier, if Critter plays right centre instead of Clarke i reckon Critter scores 3 or 4 tries due to his size and speed.
I like Tracey and rate him massively but due to injury he is on the backfoot unfortunately.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Taaffe would still be hungry from the reserves.

Perham "earned" fullback last season.

I think playing centre for the best team in the competition and playing centre for a bottom 4 team isn't comparable. I don't think he's going to get the same amount of opportunities or good ball. If this is the case then value in the salary cap/Critta's impact will come under question. I would also rather a quality+ fullback over an elite centre (especially when Taaffe isn't that great at fullback and someone like Xerri or Tracey can at worst do a job at centre).

You're the one that spends 8 hours on here commenting your opinions. I've barely posted the last couple of months (at least in comparison to yourself). You're just throwing out blanket statements.

You don't need to be an expert to have an opinion, e.g. you literally just made a thread saying we should sign Willison, and you're far from being an expert yourself. You should leave recruitment up to the experts. The experts also went with Perham at fullback last season.
Appreciate your reply mate ..

Firstly that’s just your opinion, and you’re welcome to it … quick question, are you lucky enough to get down there to watch them train and therefore basing your opinion on observations that you’ve seen at training, or is this just observations on watching games, … my opinions are just based on me watching games, I’m not lucky enough to be able to go watch the blokes train, wish I did, as maybe I’d think differently, if you also don’t get to watch them train, maybe you might also think differently if you did, remembering the coaches making these decisions are there watching, training and with the team every day of the week ..

Also I run a business, long hours, impossible for me to spend 8 hours a day on here, but I am surprised by the about of young blokes that do .. makes me wonder ..

And you’re right, you don’t need to to be an expert to have an opinion, I did say I appreciated yours, but we do have “experts” making these decisions, we’re both just supporters of the club, so it’s obvious that myself and most are more inclined to back their opinions and decisions ..

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
im not a Taafe fan YET, but he has very good passing skills and with 2 strike centres on either side he could be lethal there.
As i said earlier, if Critter plays right centre instead of Clarke i reckon Critter scores 3 or 4 tries due to his size and speed.
I like Tracey and rate him massively but due to injury he is on the backfoot unfortunately.
That’s what I alluded to in another thread. Give Critta early ball in those situations and we’d likely score.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Coaches favouring players is normal, happens at bigger clubs in bigger sports. Why isn't Tracey fit? Gus told us he would be fit around Christmas?
We’ve been over this, maybe he played it down to shut out Drunkfield and the agenda driven media sticking their knives into the club again.

Maybe it took longer than first diagnosed.

Maybe it flared up again during light training.

Maybe the medical team when spoken with were more optimistic than they should have been.

Maybe Gould just lied ..

Could be anyone of those reasons, but you just grab the kick Gus narrative and run with “he lied” the hate is strong in you ..

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
We’ve been over this, maybe he played it down to shut out Drunkfield and the agenda driven media sticking their knives into the club again.

Maybe it took longer than first diagnosed.

Maybe it flared up again during light training.

Maybe the medical team when spoken with were more optimistic than they should have been.

Maybe Gould just lied ..

Could be anyone of those reasons, but you just grab the kick Gus narrative and run with “he lied” the hate is strong in you ..
Gus lied. I caught him out on twitter.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
QLDer fans must be hardcore for not falling into the trap of the broncos - much respect.

Wonder why we have fans in QLD in the first place.
As one that’s been a member for all bar 1 year of my adult hood (lived overseas and completely forgot) it was an uncle who watched them and I picked the colours as a child.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I’m interested,… Can you snap that & post it ..

Also see point # 1 in previous comment ..
I posted it in the Gus twitter thread, here it is. Look at the dates, Gus told us he won't start running until mid January only to then tell us something totally different over a week later.

Screenshot_20240218-150126.png

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought Taaffe's passing game was a little off the other night but overall, i thought he went well .... chalk it up to playing with new teammates for the first time.

He definitely has the ability to get on the outside of his man .... i can envision a few show and goes down the track .... was sound positionally.

Agree that Critta more than likely converts a couple of those opportunities where Clarke was held up.

Tracey will get his opportunity.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I thought Taaffe's passing game was a little off the other night but overall, i thought he went well .... chalk it up to playing with new teammates for the first time.

He definitely has the ability to get on the outside of his man .... i can envision a few show and goes down the track .... was sound positionally.

Agree that Critta more than likely converts a couple of those opportunities where Clarke was held up.

Tracey will get his opportunity.
Taaffe is a plodder.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Please… every single kick that Taafe took on Thursday night he ran it back hard & with gusto to make as many metres possible.

Compare that to Perham who would have stepped, jinked & ankle tapped himself!

Some of these guys played 40mins…. Give it time FFS for all the guys to gel
It’s like no one watched the game. He got to every kick in general play on the full, sprinted back. Injection into backline was good too. Comparing him to Perham is obvious trolling

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He may or may not be the answer at fullback, but he is far removed from being a plodder .... at least not by my definition.
True, I just don't rate him. I don't want to start with him because Ciraldo will stick with him for 2+ months.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Coaches favouring players is normal, happens at bigger clubs in bigger sports. Why isn't Tracey fit? Gus told us he would be fit around Christmas?
A example of a big club and player favoritism is Eddie Howe’s Europa Conference League Mags!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
He may or may not be the answer at fullback, but he is far removed from being a plodder .... at least not by my definition.
Taaffe would be one of the worst starting fullbacks in the NRL. He's down there with Stewart from Raider and Sloan from Dragon. That's not good.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I posted it in the Gus twitter thread, here it is. Look at the dates, Gus told us he won't start running until mid January only to then tell us something totally different over a week later.

View attachment 102544
This proves nothing …

Have you ever had an injury or even just an illness and been told by a Dr or medical it should be right by a certain time …. only to find it took twice as long as that ..

Please go see my previous reasons on what might have changed since those early comments, Tracey probably hadn’t even arrived at our club by then, or our own medical team may have diagnosed differently by the time he actually got here and called BS on those early claims for all you know ..

Why don’t you go back to Gould and ask what changed from his early reply’s to you ..

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Did u have a big night or something? Thats up there with Kiraz to lock call!
Joash being fullback? I've heard and read on here that the club will be using him in various roles again this season unless something has changed?