News Signed 2 years. Suluka Fifita

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I agree. It's worth it if they're really talented or have shown more in FG, but I haven't been that impressed with Suluka-Fifita. Maybe he rehabs well and proves people wrong but I think it's more likely that he barely plays any FG for us and will be another Quai-Ward situation.

Clearly they wanted to get a better look at him and if he doesn't work out, they release him and it costs us nothing like with Quai-Ward..
Exactly. Just like all the talk about SST. Failed his medical and we moved on. Anyone who thinks the club would blindly walk in and sign a bloke coming off any injury without a thorough assessment and plan gets a free pass into the clown crew

Harry Oz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs do have some young props coming through with potential but they need more time before being wheeled out.
And we all know there is a shortage of props over 108kg.
Players like Suluka-Fifita & Faamausili fill this gap and, who knows, may come good.
It seems a better recruitment strategy than paying overs for a 30+yr old like SST.
The coaches and players can get to know Suluka-Fifita over 2024 and he could easily be ready to contribute in 2025.
Ciraldo's strength is turning these younger guys into top shelf players. A signing like this would be a waste with the Hasler model.
Gus has set things up so coaching and pathways can identify talent & create value in the squad.
This is exactly the type of signing I'd be expecting.
Also, Suluka-Fifita's non-selection at Souths is irrelevant.
He may have not got along with Walker or Mitchell, or Arrow for that matter, and they select the side.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Just the one account for me bud and i'm usually pretty positive, but there's a difference between positivity and the weird 100% faith in gus thing u have going on.
Ok bud.:tongueclosed:

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
can't say i'm too excited about a bloke who has a serious knee injury, but anyway...

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with these depth signings or signings on potential. Impact on the salary cap is presumably minimal and has potential for upside if they come off like King and Preston have.
What we desperately need is an experienced middle who can lead these younger players on the field.
Kikau is probably our most experienced forward this year, a lot will rest on his shoulders. Wouldn't be surprised to see him playing some middle at stages throughout the season.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with these depth signings or signings on potential. Impact on the salary cap is presumably minimal and has potential for upside if they come off like King and Preston have.
What we desperately need is an experienced middle who can lead these younger players on the field.
Kikau is probably our most experienced forward this year, a lot will rest on his shoulders. Wouldn't be surprised to see him playing some middle at stages throughout the season.
Kikau couldn't play prop, doesn't have the power anymore. Maybe lock but we've got that covered.

• Haha
Reactions: J_B

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This signing makes sense if the following points are true, or are valid considerations:
1. Minimum or close to minimum wage
2. Signed more for 2025 and perhaps onwards if he shows much
3. Signed as depth as part of our clear policy to have more redundancy in the squad
4. Part of being proactive in relation to the ever changing landscape of concussion protocols. It used to be that you needed 8 props, 2 start, 2 bench, 2 suspended, 2 injured. With the way things are going you are going to need 16 props. 2 start, 2 bench, 2 suspended, 2 injured, 8 concussed...
5. We don't have enough props!

If we signed him because someone at the club thinks he is going to be the next JWH, then that's a problem. But is that actually true? Doubt.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Kikau couldn't play prop, doesn't have the power anymore. Maybe lock but we've got that covered.
Once he loses a yard or two of pace I think he'll end up in the middle, pretty sure he came through 20's as a middle at the Cowboys.

Lost Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He is a big chunky unit, and don't we need one. Plenty of aggression also at 110 k plus. Will be ready around May if he signs. I can understand why Gus is looking at him. Not many middles around at present. Daniel and Terrell would make a handy acquisition.

Robdog111

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
So Gus has been 100% correct in all of his decisions? Blind faith is stupidity, and u have that in spades.
Name a team that has ever been 100% right in all their decision making? If you think an average of 90m based on average of 25-30 mins is bad well your smoking some good stuff, because that's better than any of our forwards last year!

4Runner

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Doesnt technology exists where you can create a group (insert crew name) from a list of users (not mentioning any names) so that when they post a reply it goes to a totally different thread (start a comp to pick best name for the thread) Nahhh wot eye mean yeah...its like dropping them back to reserves to work on their game. I have mates that go for other teams (im sure many others do) and they dont talk shit about the dogs like some supporters do here.

Old Man JB

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Just the one account for me bud and i'm usually pretty positive, but there's a difference between positivity and the weird 100% faith in gus thing u have going on.
What you don't seem to understand is that people have 100% faith that he will get it right 80% of the time and that he is the best person for the job.
Hope that makes clearer for you.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Name a team that has ever been 100% right in all their decision making? If you think an average of 90m based on average of 25-30 mins is bad well your smoking some good stuff, because that's better than any of our forwards last year!
Its actually embarrassing when people on this page think they know more than Gus about football.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Doesnt technology exists where you can create a group (insert crew name) from a list of users (not mentioning any names) so that when they post a reply it goes to a totally different thread (start a comp to pick best name for the thread) Nahhh wot eye mean yeah...its like dropping them back to reserves to work on their game. I have mates that go for other teams (im sure many others do) and they dont talk shit about the dogs like some supporters do here.
Probably because your non dogs supporter friends don't have the passion for the club that some of our harshest critics do.

I am a reformed cynic. I now think we will make the finals and Sammy Hughes will win Dally M prop of the year. But I will never understand the constant calls to silence a group of supporters who are no less passionate than you, just because they have a different viewpoint to you.

Let's gooo