10.May
11.Kikau
12.Preston
13.Curran
14. Mann
15. ?
16. ?
17. ?
Would still like a better middle to push King or May onto the bench, leaving just two spots to fill and currently that would be in order of likelihood Knight, Hughes, Mariner, Patolo/Sutton, Morrin/Edwards.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I also dont really care who your talking about. Enjoy your clown love, maybe they will bump you up to being an "asscoiate" ..
Aight, will do

Harry Oz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
May would be a decent signing. 25
8. King
9.Mahoney
10.May
11.Kikau
12.Preston
13.Curran
14. Mann
15. ?
16. ?
17. ?
Would still like a better middle to push King or May onto the bench, leaving just two spots to fill and currently that would be in order of likelihood Knight, Hughes, Mariner, Patolo/Sutton, Morrin/Edwards.
A feature of 2023 was Bulldogs defenders trying to grab attacking players rather than putting their bodies on the line.
Fixing that problem will make a huge difference.
If May joins a tougher, more physical pack, a side that will back each other in defence, then challenging for a Top 4 spot in 2025 is just a matter of one more middle forward.
And players like Hughes and Edwards getting to NRL top 4 standard.

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Clearly I can see and I’m telling you stay on topic. The Kennel Team are not tolerating anymore kid stuff. We will be monitoring heavily. We don’t want this forum being a deterrence to current and potential members.
Where is the appropriate public place (thread/sub-forum) to discuss topics like this?
Whilst I agree that there is a time and place for discussions via PM, when the topic/matter affects the greater forum, would it not be wise to hold an inclusive conversation?

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So you forget that we started the year with 3 wins from 5,
and you also forget we had 7 rookies covering the injuries,
you also forget that we had players out of position again covering injuries,
you also forget we had players playing injured……..yes we had horrible defence but we had half the team out injured, why is it hard to give a rookie coach a chance with a full strength team?
He's baiting you.
For your sake, just walk away.

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Under the new rules, we should hear something tomorrow, right?

Crashdog

Waterboy
Reaction score
That’s my understanding. Rorters have until tomorrow to make a counter offer.
Of course, that does not necessarily mean May will accept our offer. He could wait to see if any other club makes an offer before the end of this season.

Joelmcevoy2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So we will something tomorrow where his going if his accepted our deal

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I thought it was 10days from accepting an offer, not 10days from receiving an offer. Could be wrong though, but it hasn’t been reported that he accepted any offer from us has it? only an offer was made I thought.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I thought it was 10days from accepting an offer, not 10days from receiving an offer. Could be wrong though, but it hasn’t been reported that he accepted any offer from us has it? only an offer was made I thought.
Thats what I thought...once offer from rival accepted, current club has right of reply within certain number of days

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Article from Foxsports September 2023: The NRL is set to introduce a new rule to give clubs a 10 day window to convince players to backflip when they sign contracts with rival clubs.

The changes to the salary cap and NRL contract laws were sent to clubs during the week according to The Daily Telegraph and will be introduced on November 1.

Under the new structure, offers for players must be lodged with the NRL and if accepted their current club has a chance to change the player’s mind in a 10 day window.

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Article from Foxsports September 2023: The NRL is set to introduce a new rule to give clubs a 10 day window to convince players to backflip when they sign contracts with rival clubs.

The changes to the salary cap and NRL contract laws were sent to clubs during the week according to The Daily Telegraph and will be introduced on November 1.

Under the new structure, offers for players must be lodged with the NRL and if accepted their current club has a chance to change the player’s mind in a 10 day window.
Thanks for posting that, explaining my post.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What’s the verdict here, anyone in the know … has he signed or is it still media click bait ?

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
If never said he signed. Just we offered? Who knows if we gave a deadline… even if true!