Opinion Pre Season Training

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No doubt because Critta is not a fullback and has fuck all experience there despite what certain posters tells us. Taaffe has been a playmaker most of his career and at least has experience in the role. I've only been saying this about Critta since we signed him lol, more about just forcing him into the role out of pure desperation.

Hopefully Tracey is the fullback though, he should be back at training now but I don't think he is?..
Gus mentioned they’ll be out there training this Saturday, maybe you could duck out and personally watch how the players are going, you might get a different perspective than just what you’ve seen on TV from your couch.

Players can improve, different club, different players around them, different environment trust and coaching …

@KLil is making comments on what he’s actually watching and seeing … not what he just thinks ..

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
My guy is there till Sunday and will watch the Matt’s and SG trials

So far he’s said

- Critta energy and comms is massive and the boys are feeding off that
-Sam Hughes is having a big pre season and the coaches are impressed
-Max King has added bulk to his frame
-Skelton is way more leaner now
- Curran is shredded as fk and is snorting guys in contact
-Burton,Sexton and Hutchinson all reps in the halves
- Taffe getting most of fullback reps and Critta had some too
- Critta mainly at centre
-Xerri is huge and is impressing so far this pre season

More to come
Said in a few earlier threads, I cant wait to see Curran play in our jersey and that info just fuels the fire. Thanks for posting mate.
Hard to read that and not get a chubby.

Last edited:

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yes I've come around to Critta, he has shown he is the ultimate professional unlike a few of our other sifnings. Still don't think we need to be spending that much on a centre buh it is what it is.

Taaffe @ fullback and I'm not interested. Tracey miles better. Taaffe is such a L signing, don't care what he looks like at training.
I predicted you would come around to Critta uce

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hi mate do you know how papalii going one I hope to see gets a fair bit of trial time with the top side.
Joash is Joash... Everyone knows he will be there one day so slow and steady with the kid.

Mitch Woods was also there at training yesterday as was KO who is walking around freely and even kicking footy's around.

No doubt anybody thinking the club and its admin is doing a bad job is an absolute Fwit tbh and have no idea.

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Joash is Joash... Everyone knows he will be there one day so slow and steady with the kid.

Mitch Woods was also there at training yesterday as was KO who is walking around freely and even kicking footy's around.

No doubt anybody thinking the club and its admin is doing a bad job is an absolute Fwit tbh and have no idea.
Without harping on the RFM of 2023… how’s he looking on the training paddock?

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I just don't rate him, seen enough of him at Souths. He's okay depth but starting 13 and I'm concerned. Mann? Seriously? He has been bog average the last few seasons, can't imagine he will offer much especially behind our non existent prop rotation. At Knights he had the Saifiti brothers and Thompson.

Salmon, meh. Curran I'm not worried about. Edwards needs to pack on more size like he did last season.
The way Taafe reads the game and throws his body around is good enough for a FB at the top level. As i keep saying i hope CC just goes for a natural approach to every player and plays as many strike players in natural positions.

Curran is absolutely belting blokes... He and Knight had words yesterday, Loved it, raised the fcuk out of the tempo. Mann is looking fresh, you can see the experience and skill he brings. He has been around a long time, i think he will thrive under the conditions similar to his Melbourne days.

Salmon is strong, i personally cant find a spot for him but the guy is a goer and holds his own...

As for Edwards, would love a bit more size but the way the kid is throwing his body around and constantly showing off the variety in his game it will be VERY hard to leave him out.

I actually sat there yesterday analyzing the fcuk out of the team for 2 hrs and it was so hard to make one up tbh with the amount of players pushing. I couldn't help myself and walked up to Ciro after training and told him just that "2 hrs, up there, dis dat, good luck with the lineup".. He said cheekily that yeah he is struggling to put one together...I replied "good headaches, good luck"

Last edited:

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The way he reads the game and throws his body around is good enough for a FB at the top level. As i keep saying i hope CC just goes for a natural approach to every player and plays as many strike players in natural positions.

Curran is absolutely belting blokes... He and Knight had words yesterday, Loved it, raised the fcuk out of the tempo. Mann is looking fresh, you can see the experience and skill he brings. He has been around a long time, i think he will thrive under the conditions similar to his Melbourne days.

Salmon is strong, i personally cant find a spot for him but the guy is a goer and holds his own...

As for Edwards, would love a bit more size but the way the kid is throwing his body around and constantly showing off the variety in his game it will be VERY hard to leave him out.

I actually sat there yesterday analyzing the fcuk out of the team for 2 hrs and it was so hard to make one up tbh with the amount of players pushing. I couldn't help myself and walked up to Ciro after training and told him just that "2 hrs, up there, dis dat, good luck with the lineup".. He said cheekily that yeah he is struggling to put one together...I replied "good headaches, good luck"
Loving hearing that for a change!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Gus mentioned they’ll be out there training this Saturday, maybe you could duck out and personally watch how the players are going, you might get a different perspective than just what you’ve seen on TV from your couch.

Players can improve, different club, different players around them, different environment trust and coaching …

@KLil is making comments on what he’s actually watching and seeing … not what he just thinks ..
Everyone looks good at training though, heard similar last season, etc. Doesn't mean shit until you're out on the field and performing, even Mason said that.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The way he reads the game and throws his body around is good enough for a FB at the top level. As i keep saying i hope CC just goes for a natural approach to every player and plays as many strike players in natural positions.

love to hear those cahunts are barking at each other at training already, giddyup.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I predicted you would come around to Critta uce
While some are blowing fuses trying to solve positional selections of some of the players we seem to have forgotten that no matter how good a player is his best position will always be his natural one and will not play away from that position unless it is absolutely necessary...
I expect the people in charge the player the coach and the football manager know it too, but unfortunately the disasters caused by the people from the last decade had left us with little faith and trust in the current people.
Once bitte, Twice shy !

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Everyone looks good at training though, heard similar last season, etc. Doesn't mean shit until you're out on the field and performing, even Mason said that.
Not necessarily brother... Last year we said they looked more professional compared to seasons gone by and said the same before that too.

We did look good last year and we started ok but when your starting front row goes down before seasons start and your other main boys go down to lengthy injuries the wheels are bound to come off the bus.

I even said it to a mate yesterday that watched pre season with me and i reminded him when i said Alamoti and Averillo will be liabilities in our defensive line. He admitted i was a right. Point is you can still read plenty from just training espescially when they bring drop balls and ill discipline from Wednesday to Saturuday.

Honestly last year was a VERY unfair assessment of a transition year... The signings this year are master strokes in regards to professionalism and energy.

Oh and look out for the difference in tackling techniques... I dont think you'll be seeing anymore embarrassing 20m leg drives anymore. BIG focus on D.

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Not necessarily brother... Last year we said they looked more professional compared to seasons gone by and said the same before that too.

We did look good last year and we started ok but when your starting front row goes down before seasons start and your other main boys go down to lengthy injuries the wheels are bound to come off the bus.

I even said it to a mate yesterday that watched pre season with me and i reminded him when i said Alamoti and Averillo will be liabilities in our defensive line. He admitted i was a right. Point is you can still read plenty from just training espescially when they bring drop balls and ill discipline from Wednesday to Saturuday.

Honestly last year was a VERY unfair assessment of a transition year... The signings this year are master strokes in regards to professionalism and energy.

Oh and look out for the difference in tackling techniques... I dont think you'll be seeing anymore embarrassing 20m leg drives anymore. BIG focus on D.
I think you're getting too excited...but yes you're there and I'm not but I'm still not rating these signings lol.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Mate i just cant wait until teams start fearing about playing us again...
I think we are still a fair way off that with this pack, but I am keen to see some fucking mongrel out of the boys we have. so good that you blokes that get the chance to go to training post what you are seeing.