Rumour Alamoti

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hope he visits Townsville for a few days before making a decision - quality of life away from footy?

Moey91

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We let schoupp go at 20 years old. He was strong, defended pretty well and has plenty of size. He also did more in his 1st grade opportunities with us than what alamoti has so far. With that in mind it's plausible that we might consider letting alamoti go... didn't we pay him on potential as a teenager, something like 350k?? His manager would probably be asking for a pay rise now he's playing nrl and he really isn't worth more.. at least not yet. I'd say if he tests the market he'll find out that teams aren't willing to pay silly money for him and then he'll end up signing back with us for whatever he is offered
I had mixed emotions about Schoupp! If he played to his potential and didn’t have the agenda on his mind about scoring more tries than JAC, not hogging the ball when theres scoring opportunities, then there would have been a place here for him. He showed nothing against us last Sunday and was very quiet. Alamoti did more than him.

Reecek89

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He’s 19. Gus can’t rave on about the future and let him slip. He’ll get better, nrl is a massive adjustment.
But cowboys are desperate I see them paying 500k plus

Eesma

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised to see him go. He hasn't exactly set the world on fire in the NRL and we are not short on backs. Kiraz, Avo, Fox and Chrichton will be there next year. Wilson has quickly made a case for himself to find a starting spot in FG and looks a lot better than Alamoti right now. Xerri could return to being one of the most damaging centres in the comp (or come back and never make FG again, time will tell). We also just signed EQW. At this stage, I doubt Alamoti has any assurance he'll be a starting centre with us next year.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What if Kiraz doesn't want to be a winger? He might be the one wanting to leave

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
At the end of the day, we can’t get too emotionally attached to whatever club or player decide is best for them respectively, especially centres and wingers, they don’t win you games. We should have far greater focus in middles and a 7 if KO needs a mentor for a season or two.

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had mixed emotions about Schoupp! If he played to his potential and didn’t have the agenda on his mind about scoring more tries than JAC, not hogging the ball when theres scoring opportunities, then there would have been a place here for him. He showed nothing against us last Sunday and was very quiet. Alamoti did more than him.
Schoupp is a gronk. End of story

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It's taken Averillo 4 years to have a breakout season, while we're already crossing the line on a 19 year old in his first year in the NRL?
Coaching has something to do with it, don't you think ?

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Alamoti hasn't really lived up to the hype in first grade. His fend isn't really working against bigger better players and he's a bit too slow which makes him virtually ineffective. I was never fond of Averillo but of the 2 Averillo is definitely performing better. We should re-sign Averillo and I'd even re-sign Burns on minimum for depth and experience plus he can play fullback. We have Xerri coming, the new centre from the Broncos and Skelton as back up also so I think Alamoti has become surplus to our needs. We can't keep them all. We need props.
I agree, I am not prioritising between the two they are both our juniors, the reality is Alamoti is slowing down and if he can't do nothing about it he must seriously consider playing secondrow to stay with us.

Dogs Life

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I don’t think Cowboys would offer that. If they did - see ya.

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
At the moment I don't really rate him based on his recent performance. He's still young has a lot to learn especially needs to work on his defence. If I was to choose between kiraz and alamoti I'd choose kiraz to play in the centres and have a strong and fast winger off him.

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If push comes to shove
Averillo over Alamoti.

When Crichton comes next year Perham could easily be shifted into centres.
Alamoti is surplus.

TheVillain

Waterboy
Reaction score
I really like Alamoti and he definitely has a lot of potential. He has played 12 games of first grade, and Addo-Carr was out for a chunk of that time, he definitely played better with him. I think Kikau next to him would be a huge plus as well. He has also shifted to the opposite side of the field to where he played in reserve grade. A lot of people also forget he is 19 and therefore could be a good 5-8 years away from hitting his peak. I absolutely think Paul is worth holding on to for the future and really like him, however if Cowboys are desperate and come in with overs then it becomes tough. Would hate to see him go (and I think we would regret it in future), but if you told me we could only keep one of either him or Averillo, then it is what it is.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
If push comes to shove
Averillo over Alamoti.

When Crichton comes next year Perham could easily be shifted into centres.
Alamoti is surplus.
Geez Alamoti has done more than Perham and that is saying something!

True Blue

old dog
Reaction score
He’s 19. Gus can’t rave on about the future and let him slip. He’ll get better, nrl is a massive adjustment.
But cowboys are desperate I see them paying 500k plus
$500k .....Way over the top for a big centre who cannot break the line.......yes he hopefully will get better, but it needs to be soon.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm a fan of Alamoti.

For a youngster he's shown that he's got pretty good vision in the way he's been able to find support runners and put himself back in position to support after throwing a pass. I think the perception that he's slow comes from the fact that he's playing next to JAC, who's close to the Usain Bolt of the NRL. And pace alone is a good asset, but Alamoti seems like a strong unit who will hopefully get better at steamrolling opponents and offering some good passing and offloads. It's just as valuable to be able to draw defenders and pop a good pass under pressure as it is to be able to run fast.
The perception Alamoti is slow has nothing to do with playing inside JAC. When he makes a line break he runs slower than prop forwards and we saw that he can’t defend out wide when going against fast wingers.Pace isnt everything but if he’s slow as a teenager I struggle to see how he becomes much faster as he gets older.
I hope we persist with him because he’s a talented local junior who has a lot of potential. Will probably need to move into the forwards at some point though