Todd Carney Related Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

scot

I'll unleash these on you
Reaction score
If we signed Carney, there goes all the goodwill we've built up this week.

we get f'd over by our disgruntled star, so we go and buy the disgruntled star of another club who had f'd them over. Not right.

And after we let go of Arana, and in the past let go of Darryl Trindall for similar behaviour.

I don't want him here under these circumstances

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
Anyone that has seen Carney out in Canberra on a saturday night wouldn;t want him at the dogs lol, he's bad enough with the canberra nightlife, imagine what he'd do in sydney

Keefy

The Family Club
Reaction score
If we signed Carney, there goes all the goodwill we've built up this week.

we get f'd over by our disgruntled star, so we go and buy the disgruntled star of another club who had f'd them over. Not right.

And after we let go of Arana, and in the past let go of Darryl Trindall for similar behaviour.

I don't want him here under these circumstances

I see your point but if we were to say No to any disgruntled stars we should start in our own backyard, Ben Roberts is just as bad as Todd Carney.....only difference is Todd is by far the better player.

H

Haztrick

We have halves coming out of our ass and Carney is nothing but trouble. Not that he isn't a talent but I don't want him here.

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
2UE said that the Panthers were circling and a definate chance given the close relationship he has with Elliott.

Don't think the Bulldogs would be after him given Greenburg's behaviour towards players who mis behave. Also, if the Bulldogs go after Carney, how can they expect other clubs to support them in their battle with SBW? I mean, all clubs have agreed not to touch him.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Again, like Godberts saying we are a chance of getting Bronx (not Bryson, Bronx) Goodwin, if either of these rumours had any substance whatsoever, I would be furious that our club would be put themselves in this position again, after what we have only this past week been through with Te Maari, Roberts and Taumata as well as the Sonny Bill saga, why on earth would they sign players with such shocking character as Carney?

Surely judging by the cleanout and the strict behaviour policies taken just this week by Greenberg and the club, and rightly so, none of this can even be close to being true.

If it was however, there would and should be a revolt against management.

But I trust and have faith that this rumour couldn't be further from the truth.

Dog-E

Purebreed
Reaction score
For sure Tadpole & btrainben - Seriously doubt Greenberg would approve the signing of someone with the history of Carney....given his hard stance on such things thus far in his tenure - Greenberg really seems like a strong man of his strong principles to me....and signing Carney after sacking Taumata and wanting to sack ROberts - would be arch-hypocritical - so just stirring media crap IMO...

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
good talent but we dont need the negative media coverage

BALLY

Waterboy
Reaction score
the guys a great talent but he's a grub...thanks but no thanks...i thought we were supposed to be trying to clean up our image?it better be only a rumour and nothing more...

Dog-E

Purebreed
Reaction score
Carney is a gun sign him up.
For shizzle!!! - he'll go GREAT guns in the Sapphire Lounge of a Saturday night with Willie T and Reni and the Saleh boys and......er.....No. Just no.

astroboy

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hmmmm if we didnt sign Brett Kimmorley it would be okay to go for Todd Carney we got too many 5/8 and half backs.

Unless its for the future

6. Todd Carney
7. Ben Barba

Dog-E

Purebreed
Reaction score
Hmmmm if we didnt sign Brett Kimmorley it would be okay to go for Todd Carney we got too many 5/8 and half backs.

Unless its for the future

6. Todd Carney
7. Ben Barba
We don't need Todd Carney.......we have Joe Williams!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! OK that was some completely uncalled for sarcasm there - I do apologise!! ;P

K

Kane 'em

He's a huge talent but we need to move on from trouble makers.

wyongguy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with what warren ryan said tonite, that it is a problem with the game that a player can get dumped from one team for trouble making then another club will sign him straight up, there should be a period of time that they are not allowed to sign with other clubs

jamesb

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
he would be great, he is a gun.. we will be in the headlines for winning games...

Status
Not open for further replies.