News disgruntled young Bulldogs star is looking for a new club

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
There were a few things that proved he is not ready on Saturday but not going to talk shit about the kid as he does have the goods. Will just say he should be patient for his own good...
i agree his what 20 this year? they need to earn their stripes, he learn heaps from JJ in reserve grade, if he even makes the team

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hayward came from the roosters and left cause he was down the pecking order. Could be rajab but would he get a look in ahead of Walker, Keary, Manu and they have a couple of decent kids in the lower grades.
Know these guys are raw but realistically if they offered something they should be putting serious pressure on Flanagan who is not an nrl standard half.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Hayward came from the roosters and left cause he was down the pecking order. Could be rajab but would he get a look in ahead of Walker, Keary, Manu and they have a couple of decent kids in the lower grades.
Know these guys are raw but realistically if they offered something they should be putting serious pressure on Flanagan who is not an nrl standard half.
exactly if they cant get a spot in front of flannagun then they wont get a spot anywhere else

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
i agree his what 20 this year? they need to earn their stripes, he learn heaps from JJ in reserve grade, if he even makes the team
He should keep at it.. Though you probably got Reynolds and Hayward as NSW cup halves with KO & JP pushing for a spot and then you got BBO ready to rip in, in a few months.

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if the club is trying to help Khaled by offering him another ave to first grade if he wants to go that way.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Does Jake have a twin ?
Guy constantly fucks up his "lists" LOL is
probably right on most except Thompson..Avo idk if the noise about an extension is true or kings of wishful thinking stuff from a couple of admirers lol

I see Thommo repaying the faith/big bucks this year(not that the fat cheques are his fault at all, blame einstein Inc. of the times)and re-signing on less coin next year..either way I'm confident he will play well for us.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t see why it would be Rajab if this article has any truth(Rothfield makes that unlikely). Rajab would definitely benefit fromplaying consistently in the halves for the first half of next season in NSW Cup. I don’t think he was a realistic chance of being a week 1 starter anyway.

Last edited:

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well it ain’t Flanagan if numerous clubs are lining up to talk to him..
Likely to be BBO I reckon..
I’ll try and find something out from the Northern Pride lads up here..
If he isn’t happy,they would likely know
I tipped even last year that he might head elsewhere, didn't get the opportunities in 22 nor had he developed enough to be fair so it could be him..unlikely it's Rajab but you never know.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He looked extremely capable the other day...

Dexter35

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
JR wont be playing much cup this year

He will more than likely be 18th man for the majority of the year

Jebbundy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If true I’d put my thoughts into avo, he’s hardly been on any media, Xerri and critta next yr, the number 7 spot is up for grabs, so there is a position available to the hardest worker, even 14 is up for grabs. Avo is the only kid who hasn’t got a position and seems like he’s lost out on fullback this yr if the talk is right..

underdogsontop2246

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Matai is miles better than Hayward.

Hayward isn't even that good and Rajab is a bit better than him. Roosters can take them both.

Matai and Oloapu are the future.

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't keep them all - the trick is to keep the right ones at the right time.

Maybe we are seeing the first green shoots of depth and even better if it is in a spine position.

We can only dream that in the next few years that we have clubs trying to poach our players like the Panthers are now experiencing.