2022-2023 Bulldogs Pre Season Thread

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I love skelton, but gotta give him more time to learn league before coming into first grade. Will become a great second rower imo in the future
missed barely any tackles last season and he's a tackle busting beast, our reserve grade team didn't lose a single game with him in the side

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
missed barely any tackles last season and he's a tackle busting beast, our reserve grade team didn't lose a single game with him in the side
More risk with less league games under his belt but if all is well with him, I'd have him and Kiraz in the centres Rd 1. ?

The Dog House

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
More risk with less league games under his belt but if all is well with him, I'd have him and Kiraz in the centres Rd 1. ?
People in the kennel love the thought of Kiraz at centre, but don’t realise our wing depth is way worse than centre. Our best wing options if Kiraz goes centre are Okunbor and Allan. Keep Kiraz on the wing and have someone inside him who knows how to pass him the ball. Our centre depth is far better than the wing, and we need to fit our best 13 players in the field at once

The Dog House

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Tackle busting machine and doesn’t miss tackles, sounds like a solid edge forward to me. In terms of keeping him in reserve grade to start, I think you’ll notice his match fitness is still at times low, and that’s expected from a 7s background. Will be a consistent starter towards the end of the year

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
People in the kennel love the thought of Kiraz at centre, but don’t realise our wing depth is way worse than centre. Our best wing options if Kiraz goes centre are Okunbor and Allan. Keep Kiraz on the wing and have someone inside him who knows how to pass him the ball. Our centre depth is far better than the wing, and we need to fit our best 13 players in the field at once
No we need to play out best players in their best positions. Kiraz is an out and out centre and is a potential match winner for us. He's a bog average winger anyway, slow and way too untidy down a tight touchline.

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed, until we have a better winger then it's gotta be Kiraz.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
i dont agree with that, fuck we are harsh on players. He puts his body on the line all the time, there are plenty of fullbacks who have lets bombs go by not judging them correctly, teddy included.
I agree - I dont think you can play first grade with a pea heart. At times I think he was hesitant and lacked confidence which I think is more about Tbaz destroying the early stages of his carreer by trying to turn him into a half. He played well at times and poor at others but he is learning a position in first grade. Hard task

The Dog House

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
No we need to play out best players in their best positions. Kiraz is an out and out centre and is a potential match winner for us. He's a bog average winger anyway, slow and way too untidy down a tight touchline.
Probably our best player under a high ball, and our best player to make tough carry’s, he’s a great winger and by far our best option for that right side. Alamoti, Skelton, Burns are all good centres, and Casey is a better centre than winger. We’ve got no other good winger

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Perham and Fox wingers is good. Although, both are pretty short so we might have to move Kiraz out to wing for the games we go against Cobbo and Tupou etc.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Probably our best player under a high ball, and our best player to make tough carry’s, he’s a great winger and by far our best option for that right side. Alamoti, Skelton, Burns are all good centres, and Casey is a better centre than winger. We’ve got no other good winger
He isn't a great winger though, he was just the only bloke that could catch a ball last season. No point mentioning Alamoti, Skelton, etc as they're miles off. Burns? Lol. Seriously? Kiraz is a proper centre, play him centre. They've had all fucking year to find a winger.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He isn't a great winger though, he was just the only bloke that could catch a ball last season. No point mentioning Alamoti, Skelton, etc as they're miles off. Burns? Lol. Seriously? Kiraz is a proper centre, play him centre. They've had all fucking year to find a winger.
Yeah, I think Kiraz would have grown in confidence after last season and the WC. I think we will see come pre season what CC thinks. I just want Kiraz to keep developing and I am hopefully that his unorthodox style will help him avoid second season syndrome. I'm not sure that Alamotti is not a shot though. If he defends well in preseason he may get an early opportunity

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yeah, I think Kiraz would have grown in confidence after last season and the WC. I think we will see come pre season what CC thinks. I just want Kiraz to keep developing and I am hopefully that his unorthodox style will help him avoid second season syndrome. I'm not sure that Alamotti is not a shot though. If he defends well in preseason he may get an early opportunity
I doubt Alamoti is ready to start the year, he hasn't played enough footy in recent years and has plenty on things to work on. Not impossible but I just doubt it.

I just don't understand the Kiraz logic, the bloke genuinely looks like the best centre we've had in years and people want to shift him to the wing in favour of untested players? He's also miles more suited to centre than wing. I just don't get this place lol.

The Dog House

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
As of now, genuinely curious who you would play on the wing

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
As of now, genuinely curious who you would play on the wing
Allan, Perham or Casey if his got his head sorted. Our options aren't ideal but playing Kiraz on the wing is not the solution.

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
If wing depth is a concern…. Surely we bring back
2A5E097E-9205-4FDA-B5D6-3E0837F5EA81.jpeg

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Allan, Perham or Casey if his got his head sorted. Our options aren't ideal but playing Kiraz on the wing is not the solution.
Casey had the worst debut on the wing in all my time watching footy

He’s a good back up Centre…

Perham will lock one wing and Fox obviously the other…but if injury hit we are skinny there

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think it's we need someone to play wing so we can move Kiraz in, and then seeing this tall athletic African and thinking, if only. But we are all bound for disappointment unless CC is able to come up with a miracle
Kiraz is a good centre but he is also great in the air and has done a great job on the wing…
For centre we have alomati,Skelton,burns

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Casey had the worst debut on the wing in all my time watching footy

He’s a good back up Centre…

Perham will lock one wing and Fox obviously the other…but if injury hit we are skinny there
perham is just back up, if he is first choice winger we are in trouble