Computer/Console Talk/Gaming Super Thread

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Apparently there's an accessibility setting to increase the time before they help.

I am liking the game so far, but there's some things that feel off. The main one is Kratos. In the 1st game he felt like a tank that just destroyed everything. In this he's more agile, but feels weaker. Even when you do a finisher, he feels like he's not putting the effort in. And when I smash things with the axe, they barely flinch. There's no real impact.

Maybe it's just me.
I came to bitch about this game. I already knew they were going to make Kratos feel weaker, give bigger parts to other female characters etc just from the fact they came out with fat thor saying they’re staying true to the source (not actually true) but then race swap angrboda who’s actually white as is everyone in Norse mythology lol. So I mean they say that they wanna respec the source to have a more accurate thor but then do a 180 on the girls race lmao. Anyways, yeah I think I’m halfway and it just doesn’t sit right with me, where Kratos now needs help to take down monsters when he single handedly destroyed all Greek gods and now is sounding like a fucking therapist for a character I cannot stand, they’ve just really fkd his character in my opinion. They’ve made him too in touch with his emotions now and the “females” are suddenly the badasses lol.
I’m assuming the female thing is a me thing definitely not you but you gotta admit they’re almost destroying what made him such a brutal character. I didn’t mind the first game him getting closer with his son, but now it’s like he’s almost a bitch now and everything feels cheaper and less impactful with both the story and mechanics.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I’m so happy I’m not the only one thinking this game is off.
I definitely would not give it a 10.
8/10 at best and that’s only because of the love I have for Kratos. But I swear if they continue down this path, it’ll be another franchise a certain group fucks up.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I’m so happy I’m not the only one thinking this game is off.
I definitely would not give it a 10.
8/10 at best and that’s only because of the love I have for Kratos. But I swear if they continue down this path, it’ll be another franchise a certain group fucks up.
You just love Kratos because he is my twin ;)

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Last edited:

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
PS+ is on discount, $60 for essential or $100 for extra, the extra is better value so I stacked 3 years worth.

Sale ends the 29th.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
PS+ is on discount, $60 for essential or $100 for extra, the extra is better value so I stacked 3 years worth.

Sale ends the 29th.
Swear I bought it for like half the price last time though this might've been like two black Friday's ago. Everything costs too much :sob:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Btw why's there no interactive sex scenes in GOW like they're used to be? Asking for a friend.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Swear I bought it for like half the price last time though this might've been like two black Friday's ago. Everything costs too much :sob:
that was the psn when there was no difference between them, with the two new tiers it’s the same price now as it was before when discounted.

Btw why's there no interactive sex scenes in GOW like they're used to be? Asking for a friend.
Lol, not for a while.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
that was the psn when there was no difference between them, with the two new tiers it’s the same price now as it was before when discounted.

Lol, not for a while.
Yes but they used to give bigger discounts during BF. Since then they've upped the piece, introduced new tiers and lowered the discount. I'll still pay despite all my complaining lol.

Yh the sex scene was with Aphrodite I think? You had to like button mash during it to perform moves or something :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yes but they used to give bigger discounts during BF. Since then they've upped the piece, introduced new tiers and lowered the discount. I'll still pay despite all my complaining lol.

Yh the sex scene was with Aphrodite I think? You had to like button mash during it to perform moves or something :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
cheapest they have been was a mistake at JB, seen them in retail just over $54 but now you can only buy them from Sony afaik.

That scene was from a PS3

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
cheapest they have been was a mistake at JB, seen them in retail just over $54 but now you can only buy them from Sony afaik.

That scene was from a PS3
Na swear it was cheaper at the time, this might be like 3 years ago though. You could also buy PSN cards on sale and stack the discount.

Yh I couldn't remember what one it was from, I've got all the games in my library so I'll probably play over them again at some point.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Because the older games those were toxic masculinity scenes and the only sex scenes we will ever see again are spontaneous gay sex scenes. Because that’s story telling these days and character development. Example, bungie made two of the most based men homos officially now and the community think bungie has caused a revolution of story telling, yet the content is fkn nill. But to some that’s all that matters, gay.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

Sale ends the 29th.
There's some decent sales right now. You can get Last of Us Part 2 for $12 at Big W.

That's @Realist90's favourite game.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
There's some decent sales right now. You can get Last of Us Part 2 for $12 at Big W.

That's @Realist90's favourite game.
Have you made it Vanaheim in GOW? Did the game get noticeably harder or is it just me?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Haven't made it there yet. Only just made it through Alfheim.
You're not that far off then. Played some more and it's definitely getting more challenging....game is getting a bit meh though, no where near as engaging as the previous.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
You're not that far off then. Played some more and it's definitely getting more challenging....game is getting a bit meh though, no where near as engaging as the previous.
Yep. Haven't had much time to play yet but it's really not grabbing me. Not sure exactly what it is, but it just feels repetitive.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yep. Haven't had much time to play yet but it's really not grabbing me. Not sure exactly what it is, but it just feels repetitive.
It's not really grabbing me either. I don't know, I was enjoying playing Horizon Forbidden West more than I am with GoW. Both have repetitive elements but it hasn't bothered me as much with HFW. That's just my view.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
It's not really grabbing me either. I don't know, I was enjoying playing Horizon Forbidden West more than I am with GoW. Both have repetitive elements but it hasn't bothered me as much with HFW. That's just my view.
Yeah, same. I got annoyed with the lootathon stuff in Forbidden West and it really dragged on, but the combat was extremely fun. Never got tired of it. It was only the padding in Forbidden West that annoyed me. And they knew it was annoying, because they called many of these side quests "jobs"

In Ragnarok the combat just doesn't feel as good as it did in 2018 GOW, and there's so much of it. It's like you have this fight that lasts 10 minutes, then there's a few seconds of dialogue followed by another 10 minute battle. If I enjoyed the combat it wouldn't bother me, but I hate the combat. I even lowered the difficulty not because it's difficult, but because I got sick of damage sponge enemies making fights last forever.

I'm really hoping the story is worth it because right now the game is a 7/10 for me.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yeah, same. I got annoyed with the lootathon stuff in Forbidden West and it really dragged on, but the combat was extremely fun. Never got tired of it. It was only the padding in Forbidden West that annoyed me. And they knew it was annoying, because they called many of these side quests "jobs"

In Ragnarok the combat just doesn't feel as good as it did in 2018 GOW, and there's so much of it. It's like you have this fight that lasts 10 minutes, then there's a few seconds of dialogue followed by another 10 minute battle. If I enjoyed the combat it wouldn't bother me, but I hate the combat. I even lowered the difficulty not because it's difficult, but because I got sick of damage sponge enemies making fights last forever.

I'm really hoping the story is worth it because right now the game is a 7/10 for me.
Wait until you have to fight a frost phantom, you got to spam about 200 axe throws to beat it :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: