Bulldogs draw a joke no Thursday or Friday games

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As usual the nrl are clueless with the draw and not to issue us a single time slot for Thursday or Friday night.
Corruption at its best.
There is only one thing we can do now and that’s just win the whole thing in 2023 .
Kennellers your thoughts

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
All we can do is play great and entertaining footy which will leave CH9 and Fox regretting playing us on the nosebleed times/days.

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Buzz Rothfield.

Channel 9 obviously don’t rate the Canterbury Bulldogs.

Tigers get 5 Thursday or Friday night free to air games and Dolphins get 6. The Bulldogs get Zero.
While most are expecting highly regarded new coach Cameron Ciraldo to lift the club into finals contention, the free to air network doesn’t.

How else can you explain the fact that Canterbury is the only club in the competition not to get a prime-time TV slot on Thursday or Friday nights in 2023. Not even one.

We wonder what the Dogs’ general manager of football and Nine’s veteran commentator Phil Gould thinks of the snubbing. Maybe he’s lost his sway at the network.

Even the Warriors, Knights and Titans, three clubs expected to be wooden-spoon contenders, have scored a match in the best timeslot for their sponsors.

The Dogs are entering the season with huge expectations following the signing of second-rower Billy Kikau from the Panthers and Reed Mahoney from the Parramatta Eels.

While the Dogs have been left out of the picture, newcomers the Dolphins have been given six matches in prime time on Thursday and Friday nights.

That’s why the draw is now called a TV schedule. It’s to get Nine more viewers in Queensland.

All up Wayne Bennett’s team has 10 games on Channel 9 – two Thursday nights, four Friday nights, three Sunday afternoons and a Saturday night late in the season.

Interestingly the Bulldogs are not blowing up about it.

“It’s a necessary evil and it’s where we’re at,” said chief executive Aaron Warburton.

“I actually reckon Fox Sports will be happy about us getting the raw end.

“I’d love two or three in prime time but it’s all about where we’ve been the last few years.”
Warburton says it can actually be a bonus for their army of Bulldogs supporters.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We need to embrace the negativity as it makes the wins so much better.

While I would like to see some prime time games, the draw is based mostly off where they see the ratings, 9 loses in the end because more dogs supports will get kayo and watch all their games on it.

I don't think the positioning of the ladder is reason only, other teams are shit and landed prime time slots.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
As usual the nrl are clueless with the draw and not to issue us a single time slot for Thursday or Friday night.
Corruption at its best.
There is only one thing we can do now and that’s just win the whole thing in 2023 .
Kennellers your thoughts
This is actually great. It allows us to fly under the radar. Also a guaranteed 6-day turn around to keep our team fresh. This is actually a draw that works in our favor.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s a bit deceptive because our Good Friday game is probably our best attendance and TV ratings for the year.
The draw sucks for people who don’t have Foxtel/KAYO and is just another example of how out of touch the NRL are these days with the supporters.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Friday games are shit anyway as people are still on way home from work normally.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
get a real job mate, one where u finish at 2pm on a friday arvo
To be honest I'm not the handiest person in the world, hence trades and me don't go together.

There's often a very large gap between "how I invision something turning out", and "the end result" !

Suffice to say I wouldn't be at all suprised if any of my efforts end up posted on There I Fixed It on Reddit. :laughing: