Official Bulldogs sign Bronson Xerri for 2024 season on two-year deal despite doping ban

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The NFL couldn't afford to have 800 players (half the roaster) suspended at the same time.

Always a Bulldog
True but it's essentially the same athletic endeavour just on a larger scale. Crazy how different they get treated

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Former NRL centre courting offers as ban nears completion
The 22-year-old has received plenty of interest as he nears his return to the field.

He still has most of a year to serve on his current NRL ban, but a number of NRL teams are continuing to circle former Sharks outside back Bronson Xerri as he prepares for a return to first-grade football.

Xerri's ban ends in November, 2023, meaning that he is available to play in the 2024 season – and a number of NRL teams have been closely monitoring the 22-year-old, with a reputable source confirming to Zero Tackle that a deal marking the lightning-quick centre's comeback is nearing completion.

Despite the physiological changes he's put his body through – attracting plenty of attention after bulking himself up significantly – it's also been confirmed that Xerri has no desire for a switch to the back-row, intending to remain a centre.

Xerri's impending return has already been a focus this year after reports emerged that a meeting had been arranged between him and incoming Canterbury Bulldogs coach Cameron Ciraldo back in mid-September.

He has also recently been granted permission to return to playing OzTag as he seeks to maintain his fitness levels ahead of a return to the field.

Xerri played 22 games in his rookie season in 2019, contributing an impressive 13 tries. Though his attempt to appeal his ban for drug use was rejected, he has clearly been motivated by the possibility of an NRL return and a shot at redemption - as well as the opportunity to share his version of events.

“I know I'm going to put my best foot forward, I want to make my family proud again,” Xerri told Channel 9 when his ban was initially handed down.

“I'll tell my story (one day), it's not what everyone thinks it is. I made a mistake and now I have to pay the consequences.”

Source: Zero Tackle

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Former NRL centre courting offers as ban nears completion
The 22-year-old has received plenty of interest as he nears his return to the field.

He still has most of a year to serve on his current NRL ban, but a number of NRL teams are continuing to circle former Sharks outside back Bronson Xerri as he prepares for a return to first-grade football.

Xerri's ban ends in November, 2023, meaning that he is available to play in the 2024 season – and a number of NRL teams have been closely monitoring the 22-year-old, with a reputable source confirming to Zero Tackle that a deal marking the lightning-quick centre's comeback is nearing completion.

Despite the physiological changes he's put his body through – attracting plenty of attention after bulking himself up significantly – it's also been confirmed that Xerri has no desire for a switch to the back-row, intending to remain a centre.

Xerri's impending return has already been a focus this year after reports emerged that a meeting had been arranged between him and incoming Canterbury Bulldogs coach Cameron Ciraldo back in mid-September.

He has also recently been granted permission to return to playing OzTag as he seeks to maintain his fitness levels ahead of a return to the field.

Xerri played 22 games in his rookie season in 2019, contributing an impressive 13 tries. Though his attempt to appeal his ban for drug use was rejected, he has clearly been motivated by the possibility of an NRL return and a shot at redemption - as well as the opportunity to share his version of events.

“I know I'm going to put my best foot forward, I want to make my family proud again,” Xerri told Channel 9 when his ban was initially handed down.

“I'll tell my story (one day), it's not what everyone thinks it is. I made a mistake and now I have to pay the consequences.”

Source: Zero Tackle
If he is clean he deserves another chance !

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would be good to know how he is progressing with his combeback via Oztag. Whether he still has pace and mobility. But I think him joining for 2024 would be a positive as long it didn't come along with an extension to his best mates contract.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
fabri reckons he can get him back into shape.
body change can take a while, took holmes a year after his NFL stint and Hayne never hit the heights after this body change for NFL also.
worth a punt if on basic money and incentives
By incentives do you mean his family members can be employed by the leagues club for around $300-400k a season? Then yes, definitely will sign for incentives loll