News Broncos make formal Dolphins complaint after Deine Mariner release request

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Broncos make formal Dolphins complaint after Deine Mariner release request

The Broncos have made a formal complaint to the NRL integrity unit over sensational allegations expansion rivals the Dolphins enticed rising star Deine Mariner to break his Brisbane contract.

The Broncos have made a formal complaint to the NRL integrity unit over sensational allegations expansion rivals the Dolphins enticed rising star Deine Mariner to break his Brisbane contract.
News Corp can reveal the NRL investigators have contacted Mariner’s management following revelations the 19-year-old dropped a bombshell on the Broncos by asking for an immediate release six weeks ago.
The Broncos were stunned by the request and rejected it.
Brisbane bosses then reported the matter to the NRL integrity unit, alleging the Dolphins tried to coerce Mariner - rated one of the club’s finest centre talents - to walk out on the Broncos by tabling a lucrative contract.

The revelations have sparked a bitter expansion feud and comes as the Broncos and Dolphins waged a separate contractual dispute over another teenage young gun Karl Oloapu, who wants out of Brisbane.
The NRL has cleared the Broncos of any wrongdoing over a three-year contract signed by Oloapu, who is refusing to attend Brisbane training.
Now the integrity unit has launched a fresh probe into Brisbane’s claim that the Dolphins have broken NRL contracting laws by attempting to sign Mariner _ an allegation the new expansion team has rejected.
Mariner’s manager Dixon McIver confirmed he has been interviewed by the NRL over the matter.
“The NRL has made contact with us, yes,” McIver said.
“I have co-operated fully with the NRL.
“I have given them a statement on where we stand and that’s why I don’t have any concerns.”
The Broncos believe Mariner wanted an immediate release to play for the Dolphins - for more money - next season.

McIver is adamant the Dolphins did not break NRL contracting laws and says Mariner, a classy centre who made his top-grade debut this year, will honour his Broncos deal.
“Deine has had interest from a number of clubs,” he said.
“From my end it’s a pretty self-explanatory thing.
“There’s a difference between enticing a player and some discussions that have transpired.
“We’ve left it to the Broncos and the NRL to sort it out and they will come up with deliberations in due course.
“I’ve got a good relationship with the Broncos.
“The interpretation of what I have of the situation to the Broncos will be completely different.
“I don’t think there is anything to be concerned about, but the NRL will make their findings.”
Asked why Mariner suddenly sought a release from the Broncos, McIver said: “I can’t go into detail on that, Deine had his reasons and one thing for certain is that Deine is a Bronco. He is contracted for 2024 and that’s the way it is.
“I’m not worried. I don’t know how the Dolphins feel. The Broncos have raised a concern over a couple of players (Mariner and Oloapu), but that’s for the NRL and them and we’ll reply when we have to.”

Dolphins chief executive Terry Reader denied trying to coerce Mariner into quitting the Broncos, saying the NRL has yet to contact the club.
“We have heard nothing about an investigation and the club has not received any official communications from the NRL on the matter,” he said.
“He (Mariner) is contracted.
“We can’t sign a player if he’s not available to be signed.”
Reader hit back at suggestions the Dolphins are attempting to destabilise their Queensland rivals by poaching Broncos players.
“The reality is there are now two teams in Brisbane and more competition for local players,” he said.
“The Dolphins will always be interested in the best available young talent, especially quality players from Queensland.
“We aren’t targeting the Broncos, the fact is that players now have more options with two NRL clubs in Brisbane.”

Sucked in Broncos no one wants to be there tesi nui wants out Deine Mariner now wants out who is definitely a talent to watch out for then there that young kid who was promised a top 30 spot but now Broncos have denied that was agreed upon I will post that article up also but they where once a club all the players wanted to go to and would never lose there best juniors now they can't keep them hahahaha it's good to see

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Mole: 'Broken hearted' teen superstar accuses Broncos of breaking promises
Rugby league is in danger of losing the Australian Schoolboys captain after a bitter dispute erupted between the Broncos and boom youngster Karl Oloapu.

Oloapu, the player of the tournament at the recent national under 18s championships, signed a three-year deal with the Broncos in January.

But the talented five-eighth has had a change of heart, claiming the club has broken promises, and is refusing to turn up for training with the club.

Oloapu is refusing to budge and is contemplating a switch to rugby union or a move to Super League in
England.

My dream for as long as I can remember has been to play NRL and I have shed a lot of tears over how things have ended up… probably too many tears," Oloapu told Wide World of Sports.
I was in between managers when I signed with the Broncos and only went in to see them with my older brother Joe for advice.

"They gave me a document that was more than 60 pages long and told (me) to sign it.

"I tried to read it and understand it all in 30 minutes but without a manager or legal advice it was very hard.

"The club told me I would be in the top 30 full-time players next year and that I would be playing at my preferred position of five-eighth and that I would meet (head coach) Kevin Walters, so I was happy.

"They gave me a chicken sandwich and that was it - we were shown the door… it didn't feel right.

Now since then I have been told I am not part of the full-time squad and they want me to play at lock or hooker and change the shape of my body.

"I've never met Kevin and barely heard from the club. When my new manager asked to see their letter of offer to me, the club told him they had lost it… how does that happen?"

The Broncos are sticking to their guns and are refusing to release the youngster, believing it sets a bad precedent to allow a player to walk away from a contract.

"The club has been working with Karl's new management in recent months regarding this matter," chief executive Dave Donaghy said.

"Karl earlier this year signed a three-year contract with the Broncos and the club will not be releasing Karl from this contract."

Oloapu is now managed by former Panthers star Matt Adamson.

I'm disappointed that this can occur to a young Samoan kid at the age of 17 - without any legal advice," Adamson said.

They said he had to sign the contract on that day he met them. He has so much talent and so much to give and it's a shame that as men we can't resolve this situation.

"I've asked Karl if he wants to give the Broncos another chance but he says there is too much water under the bridge."

Oloapu's brother Joe is concerned about how the affair has affected the teenager.

"They talk about player welfare - this poor kid is broken hearted," Joe said.

"There are kids his age who are taking their own lives - Karl is lucky that he has the family support but it has taken a real toll on him."

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
LOL love how the Broncos cry about this when they’ve been doing it for years to any QLD player that becomes a star at other clubs and then going to them and telling them to ask for a compassionate release on the grounds of being homesick.

Ain’t so fun when you aren’t the only club in the one area.

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Scum bag of a club and scum bag of a move to take advantage of him in signing a 60page binding contract while giving him 30 mins to do so. And shame on his bro for not being wise enough to stop him.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I read they have acted unethically themselves with a 17 year old kid, an islander lad who was in his words forced to sign a 3 year deal under much pressure and without consultation/presence of his agent or rep..Wants out of the club and refuses to train with them I read, also said he may defect to union or super league.
Apparently is a gun too.

Hope we never pull any of that shit with youngsters we want at the Dogs.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I read they have acted unethically themselves with a 17 year old kid, an islander lad who was in his words forced to sign a 3 year deal under much pressure and without consultation/presence of his agent or rep..Wants out of the club and refuses to train with them I read, also said he may defect to union or super league.
Apparently is a gun too.

Hope we never pull any of that shit with youngsters we want at the Dogs.
It’s sad there was nobody in his inner circle that could have helped.

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
YOUNG BRONCO DEMANDS RELEASE AS STALEMATE CONTINUES

“I CAN PROMISE YOU ONE THING, I WILL NEVER PLAY FOR BRISBANE FOR AS LONG AS I LIVE”

After claiming earlier in the week that he had been lied to by the Brisbane Broncos about his opportunities at Red Hill after signing a contract, Australian Schoolboys captain Karl Oloapu has reportedly claimed that “I will never play for Brisbane as long as I live.”

When Oloapu's comments broke through Wide World of Sports earlier in the week, the Broncos responded promptly, giving their version of events before claiming they would still like to work with Oloapu and assist his development into an NRL player.

But after going back to WWOS to launch another attack on his current employer, the relationship is starting to appear untenable.

One of the claims made by Oloapu was that, after he secured management through Matt Adamson, the club couldn't find a copy of the contract to give to the parties.

The Broncos, in kind, claimed that the NRL and RLPA had both reviewed the situation and found no wrongdoing – although this point has been refuted by Adamson since.

“The NRL has told us it's made no decision yet, so I have no idea how the Broncos can say that,” Adamson told WWOS.

Oloapu's dissatisfaction comes after the Broncos named their Top 30 for next season without his name on the list, despite the claim that he was promised a bigger role by the club prior to signing his latest deal.

“I just want a release and a chance to play football,” Oloapu said.
“I can promise you one thing: I will never play for Brisbane as long as I live.

“They have broken promises to me and left me broken-hearted.”
It's clear that Oloapu's story hasn't resonated with everyone, and the youngster has been shocked by the nature of some reactions to the story when it first broke.

“It's been a bit of a shock, so much so that I've deleted my accounts. Some hurtful stuff was said,” Oloapu said.

Meanwhile the Broncos have maintained their position, confirming they won't be releasing Oloapu and creating a tense situation moving forward.

“The club has been working with Karl's new management in recent months regarding this matter,” club chief Dave Donaghy said.

“Karl signed a three-year contract with the Broncos and the club will not be releasing Karl from his contract.”

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
YOUNG BRONCO DEMANDS RELEASE AS STALEMATE CONTINUES

“I CAN PROMISE YOU ONE THING, I WILL NEVER PLAY FOR BRISBANE FOR AS LONG AS I LIVE”

After claiming earlier in the week that he had been lied to by the Brisbane Broncos about his opportunities at Red Hill after signing a contract, Australian Schoolboys captain Karl Oloapu has reportedly claimed that “I will never play for Brisbane as long as I live.”

When Oloapu's comments broke through Wide World of Sports earlier in the week, the Broncos responded promptly, giving their version of events before claiming they would still like to work with Oloapu and assist his development into an NRL player.

But after going back to WWOS to launch another attack on his current employer, the relationship is starting to appear untenable.

One of the claims made by Oloapu was that, after he secured management through Matt Adamson, the club couldn't find a copy of the contract to give to the parties.

The Broncos, in kind, claimed that the NRL and RLPA had both reviewed the situation and found no wrongdoing – although this point has been refuted by Adamson since.

“The NRL has told us it's made no decision yet, so I have no idea how the Broncos can say that,” Adamson told WWOS.

Oloapu's dissatisfaction comes after the Broncos named their Top 30 for next season without his name on the list, despite the claim that he was promised a bigger role by the club prior to signing his latest deal.

“I just want a release and a chance to play football,” Oloapu said.
“I can promise you one thing: I will never play for Brisbane as long as I live.

“They have broken promises to me and left me broken-hearted.”
It's clear that Oloapu's story hasn't resonated with everyone, and the youngster has been shocked by the nature of some reactions to the story when it first broke.

“It's been a bit of a shock, so much so that I've deleted my accounts. Some hurtful stuff was said,” Oloapu said.

Meanwhile the Broncos have maintained their position, confirming they won't be releasing Oloapu and creating a tense situation moving forward.

“The club has been working with Karl's new management in recent months regarding this matter,” club chief Dave Donaghy said.

“Karl signed a three-year contract with the Broncos and the club will not be releasing Karl from his contract.”
The damage Broncos could do to their recruitment endeavours could outweigh losing one player

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeh the above is the story is the one I was referring to thanks Jacko! Pisspoor this I wonder who the prick is there Walters or Ikin? Or someone else, idk for sure if Ikin is their GM of football or what.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Meh. 2 sides to the story - the Bronco pile on here is a bit weird. We're all taking this kid at his word...
yep sounds like uncle wayne has got in his ear

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Meh. 2 sides to the story - the Bronco pile on here is a bit weird. We're all taking this kid at his word...
Listening to Dobbo last night & he was saying the Broncos are in the right & Dolphins have offered more money. Also mentioned the Broncos tape contact talks with under age players. So, they are willing to pass that on to the NRL.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Listening to Dobbo last night & he was saying the Broncos are in the right & Dolphins have offered more money. Also mentioned the Broncos tape contact talks with under age players. So, they are willing to pass that on to the NRL.
i know people are seeing it as sour grapes as they have just been used to having their way for so long in Brisbane, but i think they wouldn't be contacting the integrity unit unless they are comfortable they've done nothing wrong.