News SALARY cap pressure has cost the Canterbury Bulldogs one of their best young forwards. Matt Doorey, 22

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Honestly, I never read any of his stuff or many journos tbh as a vast majority are just stirring up shit for attention.

Better to come on here and get decent news from @ASSASSIN, @Bulldogsteve and @Omar Hamdan

If you ask me a SEO expert has been in Buzz's ear about the most clicked topics for Bulldog fans. He's just using the JT thing to drum up hits
David Holland is more accurate than this fkn clown

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
122 people have been trolled haha.
I didn't get trolled as I know the truth.

I just can't resist taking the piss out that pole smoking cuntrash. Everytime is dribbles shit gives me a chance to give it to the ****.

Best part is we know he reads the kennel so he can see all this lol

Harry Oz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Gee. That is a pretty poor article. Doorey another JT? Deadline desperation?

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Wake up Drunkfield #1 you dumb fark, if the RLPA gets its way, and they usually do, then it's 40 players with NRL contracts, there is no farking problem with having 32 players, we have room for 8 more.

Wake up Drunkfield #2 you are even a dumber fark, how can we be in Salary Cap trouble when no one knows what the Salary Cap is going to be.

As usual never let the facts get in the way of Gould bashing you drunken imbecile.

Always a Bulldog

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Hes gunna have more stories to write as we do shed more players as expected. And they will all be our best players. Doorey our best anything. Lol.

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Buzz Rothfield.

SALARY cap pressure has cost the Canterbury Bulldogs one of their best young forwards.
Matt Doorey, 22, a former Australian Schoolboys star and NSW under-20s second-rower, has been snapped up by the Parramatta Eels.

It’s a huge signing for the Eels following the loss of edge forwards Isaiah Papali’i to Wests Tigers and Marata Niukore to the New Zealand Warriors.
Doorey played 13 NRL games for the Bulldogs last year.

He joins Parramatta having been highly recommended by his former coach Trent Barrett, who is now an assistant to Brad Arthur at the Eels.

The Bulldogs already have more than 30 players on contract and will have to lose at least another two before the start of next season.
Didn't Baz sign Waddell, Flanagan, Allen ,Ava just saying

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Career By Season/

Career By Season
SUMMARYSCORINGKICKINGATTACKPASSINGDEFENCERUNNING METRESFANTASY
YearPlayedWonLostDrawnWin %TriesGoalsPointsKicking MetresKicking Metres AverageLinebreaksOffloadsTackles MadeMissed TacklesTotal Running MetresAverage Running MetresKick Return MetresTotal PointsAverage Points
Bulldogs
Bulldogs20205-5--2-8142.781178527555.00-12224.4
Bulldogs
Bulldogs202113211-15%1-4--122543256243.00-27521.2
Career By Season
Bulldogs
Bulldogs
Career Overall/

Career Overall
SUMMARYSCORINGKICKINGATTACKPASSINGDEFENCERUNNING METRESFANTASY
Year StartYear EndPlayedWonLostDrawnWin %TriesGoalsPointsKicking MetresKicking Metres AverageLinebreaksOffloadsTackles MadeMissed TacklesTotal Running MetresAverage Running MetresKick Return MetresTotal PointsAverage Points
Bulldogs
Bulldogs2020202118216-11%3-12140.70233323783841.00-39722.1

Stats for his stay at the club.. you can scroll across to get complete picture...

Doorey made his first grade debut in round 14 of the 2020 NRL season for Canterbury-Bankstown against the Wests Tigers, scoring a try on debut in a 29–28 loss at Bankwest Stadium.[2]

Doorey made a total of 13 appearances for Canterbury in the 2021 NRL season as the club finished last and claimed the wooden spoon.[3]

Doorey made no appearances for Canterbury in the 2022 NRL season. On 25 September, Doorey played for Canterbury's NSW Cup team in their grand final loss to Penrith.[4]

Punchbowl Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Parramatta Eels poach Bulldogs generational forward
By: Buzz Rothfield | Daily Telegraph
View attachment 60839

The long-standing bitter rivalry between the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs and Parramatta Eels has added a new dimension with young generational forward Matt Doorey defecting to his arch-rivals effective immediately.

In what represents a major failure for General Manager of Football Phil Gould, questions are being raised about Canterbury's questionable recruitment and retention commitee. The club has already released the likes of Reimis Smith, Nick Meaney and Matt Doorey who is expected to kick on at a rival club. The 22-year-old is not just another young rampaging forward - he is touted the future of the NSW Blues and Australian forward pack. A leader in his own right - all 16 NRL clubs are understandbly shocked that the Bulldogs would make this decision given how light and poor their forward pack is shaping to be next season.

No doubt incoming coach Cameron Ciraldo will struggle to get this pack firing.

The Bulldogs are left to pick up the pieces and hope that this decision won't come back to haunt them. The club has experienced letting rugby legends leave. Look no further than future immortal Johnathan Thurston - could Doorey be another JT situation?

Time will tell, I think so.

Offer Image

Digital
50C/ DAY
for the first 12 weeks
($14 min. cost) charged every 4 weeks.
Then $40 charged every 4 weeks.*

Fuck me, this c…s hatred for Gus knows no bounds