News Dogs enter race for $1m Moses signature as Gus pulls off Sydney raid: Jimmy Brings

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Moses biggest downfall was his kicking game in grand final it was shit house.
Rather than kick to corners and find touch,did the usual ground hog day kicks straight to Dylan Edward all night.
Was a very poor kicking game .
Parra we’re always on back foot because of it.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really can't see it happening. We have some players on decent money - Burton when he re-signs, TPJ, Kikau, Mahoney,

I can't see how we add a million dollar player. I know we have a shitload of players off contract 2023 but we would need to play some average players around those already signed to stay within the cap.
Moses is a fair weather player - he's never delivered on the big stage. He's all hype and nowhere near worth $1M. I'll rather have Sam Walker, he carried a severely depleted Chooks side in 2021, his 2nd year was good, is more creative, has far more upside than Moses and is off contract at the same time.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think clubs like the Tigers and Dolphins would offer far more than we would. I can't see Gus getting into a bidding war for him. Moses was a junior there and Gus not getting along with his agent makes things trickier. But I agree that he's likely to stay at Parra and any of these rumours leaked by his agent are purely designed to drive up his price with Parra and nothing else.
his uncle a tigers legend,
His father was a mad eels fan that’s why his uncle couldn’t persuade him to support the tigers..

Even after all that, in Gus we trust I think he can make it happen.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Moses is a fair weather player - he's never delivered on the big stage. He's all hype and nowhere near worth $1M. I'll rather have Sam Walker, he carried a severely depleted Chooks side in 2021, his 2nd year was good, is more creative, has far more upside than Moses and is off contract at the same time.
well Sam Walker will not be signing with the dogs

Last edited:

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
RAJAB should wear the number 7 in 2023. He can play. What he has done for Lebanon is incredible. Moses is not a million dollar player. Gus will not sign Moses for a million.
What exactly has he done? Play well against Jamaica?

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Rather than kick to corners and find touch,did the usual ground hog day kicks straight to Dylan Edward all night.
They were on the back foot because their forwards got smashed.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Agree fisher Harris and especially first stint from leota just smashed their pack. Even papali’i who was their best forward didn’t get his usual impact out.
Leota was the best player on the field the first 20 minutes.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Honest question. Do we need a top top half?

Yes, of course it'd be easier but we've played finals and succeeded with the Hughes brothers in the halves. And Keating at one point from memory?

If the right player isn't out there then so be it I say. We'll still get back to where we once were
Yes we did successfully play without a superstar halfback, did we win a premiership without one...no.
It is important we make a rational decision and it looks like we are heading in that direction now we have young halfbacks like BBO, Rajab, Bailey, White and so young Ralph, who knows one or two might rise to stardom, this is why I have a feeling that we won't be outlaying a million dollars or over for a halfback, then again I could wrong :laughing:

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
NO-ONE kicks to find touch in the modern game.
Maybe he could have mixed it up a bit but they had bigger problems I.e they were dominated by a generationally absolute gun side i think he did well..plenty of other very good halves would have faired worse against a rampant Kikau.

Last edited:

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’d rather we develop Rajab, Moses shits the bed…again
Mate it is a little harsh judging Moses playing behind a pack with 1 game of NRL experience collectively and against the world's best team.
Question, what are we suppose to do while waiting for Rajab to develop ?

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Rajab is the new BBO. Newest junior half that everyone fan boys and want to start playing immediately.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Our GF winning halfbacks since 1980:

1980 = Steve Mortimer, arguably the best halfback of his era.
1984 = Steve Mortimer, arguably the best halfback of his era.
1985 = Steve Mortimer, arguably the best halfback of his era.
1988 = Michael Hagan, Origin level halfback who played 5 Origin games in his career.
1995 = Craig Polla-Mounter, Underrated halfback who many say should've played Origin. Lamb also shared some halback duties with him.
2004 = Brent Sherwin, was a top 3 halfback in the NRL in 2004 & should've played Origin ahead of Finch.

I think for us to win a GF we need a top 5 halfback in the NRL.