First signing for 2024 will be ?

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Adam-doueihi and give him the captaincy.

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We haven’t had proper cap space to sign a marquee since we fucked our cap over 5 years ago. I highly doubt Gus will use the first bit of good money we’ve had in ages on a centre who looks better because of the Penrith system. If he does sign Crichton, it’s the kind of move you hang your reputation and job on. Would be stupid imo

DaveV

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Where? At training? u10's? Lol. Both Laurie and Staines started there ahead of him in SG, Flegg and reserve grade. He's totally untested at fullback and is blessed to have played in such a talented side that has made his job as easy as possible. This signing absolutely stinks, just another outside back looking for more money wanting to play in a key position. These type of moves fail far more often than they succeed.
He’d be a good pickup for the right price. Sign him on centre money with an upgrade option if he can become a top tier fullback. At the end of the day he’s far superior to any other centre in our top 30.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
He’d be a good pickup for the right price. Sign him on centre money with an upgrade option if he can become a top tier fullback. At the end of the day he’s far superior to any other centre in our top 30.
Worst case put him at 7? Light years ahead of anything we had there for a few years!

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
everyone is entitled to their opinion, he looked explosive scoring the GF try last month. Im a fan, he is 22 and won 2 comps, scoring in both, he knows how to win. We need winners not losers imo.
Yep tend to agree, someone else asked him or Mitchell the maybe 4-500k difference in price tag should be considered in that convo too..and one's a bit cocky who wouldn't be going back to back, the other though a great player is divisive, controversial and imo not that great at fullback really..

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Yep tend to agree, someone else asked him or Mitchell the maybe 4-500k difference in price tag should be considered in that convo too..and one's a bit cocky who wouldn't be going back to back, the other though a great player is divisive, controversial and imo not that great at fullback really..
Doubt there would be 500k between them.
Latrell is a waaaaay better fullback then Crichton. Mitchell can win you games by himself. Crighton just looks better outside Cleary

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
We should seriously consider Kennedy from the Sharks. Better fullback than Crichton, more experienced, fast, can ball play and cheaper too

Agree. I would target Radley and Kennedy. Both have really strong passing games. Couple that with Mahoney's service and we should have some pretty slick ball movement

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Doubt there would be 500k between them.
Latrell is a waaaaay better fullback then Crichton. Mitchell can win you games by himself. Crighton just looks better outside Cleary
Guesstimates but i think definitely 400k gap though?..chrichton 700 Mitchell 1.1mil at least..your right at this stage but for mine the 1.1 mil guy sure can go missing and also plays in a good team..is a polarising s.o.b too.
I'm not sold on Crichton as a fb but he is a very good player, an athlete and still developing.

Fatboyfat is a great player no doubt but also isn't a rock at fullback can get caught out of position a fair bit due to lack of fitness and care factor/attitude..i hold my hands up and plead guilty i also basically don't like the Macca's gorging cocksucker. LOL

Not viable at all but i'd have Teddy over him all day and Edwards too, though their quite different styles of fb's themselves.
Blokes like Mitchell and Turbo come with different encumberences and massive price tags, Gus wouldn't touch them(I hope).Also don't think it's at all likely Mitchell will leave his homies while Walker is there.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you were a betting man who would you put serious money on to be our first announced signing for 2024 ?

Not so much who you would like to be signed, more who you think the club will sign.

Mine would be Mitchell Moses (closely followed by Stephen Crichton)
Having an option in his favour virtually means Burton is off contract for 2024.

So our first signing for 2024 will be

MATT BURTON - and IMO will also be announced as a captain in some capacity, if not outright then Co-Captain.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Don't see Crichton as likely to be involved enough for FB. He is too cruisey and pretty much waits for stuff to happen type of player.

Def cannot justify big money for an unproven "as a fullback he makes a great centre" type of player.

Just haven't seen it as yet...but....he is athletic enough...but... does he have the perseverence and willingness to be involved 100% of the game in attack and defence and with all the necessary skills and drive to be a big money spine success.

Ciro would be better placed to judge whether Crichton could handle it I guess so it's on him (and Gus).

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't see Crichton as likely to be involved enough for FB. He is too cruisey and pretty much waits for stuff to happen type of player.

Def cannot justify big money for an unproven "as a fullback he makes a great centre" type of player.

Just haven't seen it as yet...but....he is athletic enough...but... does he have the perseverence and willingness to be involved 100% of the game in attack and defence and with all the necessary skills and drive to be a big money spine success.

Ciro would be better placed to judge whether Crichton could handle it I guess so it's on him (and Gus).
If Ciro and gus think that Crighton is needed in our squad that's good enough for me..FFS people have to try and trust in Gould and Ciro...too much people stressing and saying they don't want this player and that...yes we are all entitled to our opinions but at the end we spend big bucks on the coach and gould to let them make the tough decisions

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Guesstimates but i think definitely 400k gap though?..chrichton 700 Mitchell 1.1mil at least..your right at this stage but for mine the 1.1 mil guy sure can go missing and also plays in a good team..is a polarising s.o.b too.
I'm not sold on Crichton as a fb but he is a very good player, an athlete and still developing.

Fatboyfat is a great player no doubt but also isn't a rock at fullback can get caught out of position a fair bit due to lack of fitness and care factor/attitude..i hold my hands up and plead guilty i also basically don't like the Macca's gorging cocksucker. LOL

Not viable at all but i'd have Teddy over him all day and Edwards too, though their quite different styles of fb's themselves.
Blokes like Mitchell and Turbo come with different encumberences and massive price tags, Gus wouldn't touch them(I hope).Also don't think it's at all likely Mitchell will leave his homies while Walker is there.
Imo Crichton gets 700k at Panther and Latrell not going to leave Rabbit for an extra 100k. ~850k for Crichton (could push it down to 800k) and ~1.3m for Latrell imo. I don't think Latrell is realistic. There is a big gap between the 2 money wise tho.