Opinion Khaled Rajab

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
For crying out load people are forgetting that it was against JAMAICA.
No doubt the kid needs time to develop otherwise if we push him we risk destroying his future !!!
What is really bothering me is some of his fan base claimed on social media that he wasn't originally selected in the Lebanon team purely because he is a muslim.
For those people who are stuck in the dark ages let me remind you that the Lebanese team is a mix of different religions and just maybe the coach thought playing him against NZ wasn't the right idea, after all there is a bit of difference between NZ & JAMAICA.
My message to young Rajab don't take notice of all that nonsense and concentrate on improving your game !!!
His fan base are just using excuses. Leb Muslims and Leb Christians are just as much Lebanese as each other and the last 20 years has seen both groups mix well with each other. First, second and third generation Aussie Lebs living in Australia don't give a shit what happened in Lebanon 50 years ago. Times have changed and for the better.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
His fan base are just using excuses. Leb Muslims and Leb Christians are just as much Lebanese as each other and the last 20 years has seen both groups mix well with each other. First, second and third generation Aussie Lebs living in Australia don't give a shit what happened in Lebanon 50 years ago. Times have changed and for the better.
Why are the Lebanese Pastafarians never considered . . . It's discrimination

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
At this stage he's just another untested player that fans want to pin their hopes on and we as fans do this every season with at least one player. People literally had BBO starting 7 this season year I don't even remember him playing a game for us? Toia was another people wanted @ fullback after seeing him once in reserves yet he's been released. Cook another people wanted starting after spell in a trial game yet he ended up getting dropped in reserves and booted out the door haha. That was just for this season and I could name so many more.

Anyway I hope we just let him develop and don't fuck him over like pretty much every remotely talented player we've had in recent years. Needs to come into the team when he's ready and when the team's in a somewhat good moment and not dumped in and expected to fix all our problems come day one.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I agree. He’s a real contender. ROTFLMAO. Dude isn’t even a halfback. We already have a running 5/8.
Hey if we can have another half who runs it’s a miles ahead than what flopagun offers!!!

Then again a Fucking cone is similar to flopagun attacking output!

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
At this stage he's just another untested player that fans want to pin their hopes on and we as fans do this every season with at least one player. People literally had BBO starting 7 this season year I don't even remember him playing a game for us? Toia was another people wanted @ fullback after seeing him once in reserves yet he's been released. Cook another people wanted starting after spell in a trial game yet he ended up getting dropped in reserves and booted out the door haha. That was just for this season and I could name so many more.

Anyway I hope we just let him develop and don't fuck him over like pretty much every remotely talented player we've had in recent years. Needs to come into the team when he's ready and when the team's in a somewhat good moment and not dumped in and expected to fix all our problems come day one.
Because we're fans and fans talk footy

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think hell start nsw cup 7 good to play week in week out against men then i reckon around 10 games in he may force his way in
What if we're going average after 5 weeks and there is a certain fella front and centre feeding this mediocrity?

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thanks for quoting me in this, Im not sure why though. To suggest that a young guys future might be destroyed by playing in the world cup is ridiculous, It would be the greatest challenge and experience of his rugby league career and he will only be better and more confident as a result.
I am simply agreeing with you mate, as for the comment about young Rajab's future possibly getting destroyed, it was a response to the calls from people to select him in first grade.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
His fan base are just using excuses. Leb Muslims and Leb Christians are just as much Lebanese as each other and the last 20 years has seen both groups mix well with each other. First, second and third generation Aussie Lebs living in Austral
Unfortunately there are some who likes to use the victim excuse.

Last edited: