4x4 Dual cab help

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
But I blacked out all the chrome bits except the mirror :tearsofjoy:
Don't mind the Navara. The current shape is tough looking.

Mercedes don't mind them either since they just slap a Merc badge on them and sell them.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Don't mind the Navara. The current shape is tough looking.

Mercedes don't mind them either since they just slap a Merc badge on them and sell them.
Wouldn't touch anything d40. Bunch of grenades. D23 and np300 are some smick rigs though

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
I saw one for 35g with 30k my16 though
He actually spotted some rust around the front window seal and bubbling in the paint around the top of the b pillar so that's something to look out for. The dealer he got it from was good enough to get it fix under dealer insurance though

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Cheaper than ford I own a mazda so im tipping towards Bt 50 or triton more bang for buck.
If your using for camping or beach just remember to save a few dollars to put some fruit on it. AT tyres will give you more clearance and get you in and out of places for the least cost. If I didn't have a snorkel I would've been flooded in my town for 6 days during the last floods. CB for comms is essential if you venture offgrid or in a 4x4 convoy. Fridge and pullout kitchenette with gas cooker, solar blanket, snatch recovery kit, rated recovery points, winch, shovel, chainsaw, tyre repair kit and air compressor and you can never have enough lights around the campsite or on the road

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Love my nav it's always been great off-road but it was gutless towing up mountains until I got a Jamie Knobel remap. Now I'd easily snatch big Lizzo's chassis out of a bog hole.

Don't listen to @Hacky McAxe he probably drives a Tesla with <200km range. Diesel is the only decent option and Amarok is about the worst 4x4 you can buy, constant 4wd garbage doesn't even have low range.

Rg Colorado or Dmax would be my pick

View attachment 57936

Gave her some new glasses
View attachment 57937
400km thank you very much.

Jk. Driving a Commodore right now. Gets over 700kms on a tank. Need a new Ute but don't have a massive use for it right now.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I find the V6 Amarok's the best to "drive", plenty of acceleration and they ride, steer, handle and manoeuvre the best of the HiLux, Ranger, Triton, DMax etc bunch. I like the ability to fit a CHEP sized pallet between the wheel arches. I tow ~2 tonnes with the work Amarok and I keep checking the rear view mirror to make sure that it's still there. They are not cheap though.

Always a Bulldog

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
I find the V6 Amarok's the best to "drive", plenty of acceleration and they ride, steer, handle and manoeuvre the best of the HiLux, Ranger, Triton, DMax etc bunch. I like the ability to fit a CHEP sized pallet between the wheel arches. I tow ~2 tonnes with the work Amarok and I keep checking the rear view mirror to make sure that it's still there. They are not cheap though.

Always a Bulldog
They are a good highway princess. Rubbish off-road.
I'm gunna start charging extra to snatch Amaroks off the beach lol

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So It is true that Rangers are just more Ford rubbish?
Not complete rubbish but those autos are fucked.

The only 4x4 utes I trust are the older hilux or dmax. The newer dmax are riddled with turbo issues.

D40 navaras with the 2.5L are fucked aswell. Single row chains that like to stretch or snap. The newer D23 Navara loves to blow rear mains and there isn't a fix for it.

Amaroks are fucked because VW.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ford Rangers had engine issues same with Toyota D4D engines, I have a D4D in a Prado as well as a V8 Holden.
Im going back to petrol motors soon, more power and more reliable. Toyota V6 is way better then D4D but stopped making in petrol motors in 2017. Rather Prado to utes they are way more comfortable and you don't feel every bump in the road, I'm looking at Jeep Grand Cherokee hemi SRT8 and having 2 V8s , only live once.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Are Jeep Grand Cherokee hemi SRT8s any good, heard gearbox issues and as dear as poison to fix, Trackhawks are pricey and damn quick. Getting a bit sick of the shape of the front and rear. I wish Prado came with 6.2L V8.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Careful with Colorado utes. DPF problems with SIL's.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Are Jeep Grand Cherokee hemi SRT8s any good, heard gearbox issues and as dear as poison to fix, Trackhawks are pricey and damn quick. Getting a bit sick of the shape of the front and rear. I wish Prado came with 6.2L V8.
My sister has had 2 and hasn't had an issue. But she only really uses it for school trips and shopping runs haha

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I average about 70 to 80 thousand kms a year and have had all of the major brands of duel cab utes over the last 20 years and they all have good and bad points, currently have a 21 ranger xlt that has just clocked 90 thousand k’s it’s probably the most comfortable dual cab I’ve had and tow’s a tandem axle trailer with two tonne of fertiliser most days of the week and a 2,6 tonne boat on the weekends with ease, the most uncomfortable,unreliable POS
I have ever had was easily the navara But I had good runs out of Colorado,Hilux DMax BT50 all did 300 plus ks of very hard labour with no major issues .