News Ricky Stuart lashes out at Jaemon Salmon

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What exactly does a weak gutted dog person mean.. should all 3 words be keep seperate.. weak.. dog.. and gutted?..

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
What exactly does a weak gutted dog person mean.. should all 3 words be keep seperate.. weak.. dog.. and gutted?..
You are right.. at least he was inclusive with his use of ‘person..’ lol

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like he will be punished.and so he should.

What I think he deserves: at least a 2 game ban. To think Brandon Smith gets 4 for calling ref a cheat and only the ref heard it.

I think instead of being fined and paying the NRL, a bigger punishment would be a fine around $10000 and having to give it to Salmon for compensation. That would give Stuart and teach him a lesson.

Malla

Reaction score
Sounds like he will be punished.and so he should.

What I think he deserves: at least a 2 game ban. To think Brandon Smith gets 4 for calling ref a cheat and only the ref heard it.

I think instead of being fined and paying the NRL, a bigger punishment would be a fine around $10000 and having to give it to Salmon for compensation. That would give Stuart and teach him a lesson.
He will be suspended for 1 week.

I think its a bit of a storm in a tea cup, but I am looking forward to Sticky's suspension being announced so we can just move on from this and go back to normality in a few weeks with Salmon playing NSW cup.

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He had to be punished for this. Ricky Stuart is a premiership winning, State or Origin and Australian winning player and coach. Been in spotlight of the game for nearly 40 years. You can’t say that publically

Malla

Reaction score
He had to be punished for this. Ricky Stuart is a premiership winning, State or Origin and Australian winning player and coach. Been in spotlight of the game for nearly 40 years. You can’t say that publically
And what better person to make an example out of.

It was only a matter of time before NRL took this route. I reckon they will start to exercise suspensions for coaches when they talk about refs. Looking back, Payton deserved a suspension for what he said about the refs after their loss against the Roosters in April

5:30

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
And what better person to make an example out of.

It was only a matter of time before NRL took this route. I reckon they will start to exercise suspensions for coaches when they talk about refs. Looking back, Payton deserved a suspension for what he said about the refs after their loss against the Roosters in April

5:30
What he said re: 50/50 calls favouring towards high profile teams and players is correct.

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What he said re: 50/50 calls favouring towards high profile teams and players is correct.
The NRL has levied fines in the past against coaches who publicly criticize referees - even when the comments have been demonstrably true! It is a bit of a con, though. No money actually changes hands as the NRL is well aware that such an action would not survive a court challenge. Instead, they reduce the grant money to be paid to the club by a proportional amount. I doubt if this would survive a court challenge either, but nobody has put it to the test so far.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
What Ricky Stuart said about Salmon is correct. Doesn't mean you can say it.
Was replying to the Cowboys coach Payten interview that you posted...not Ricky.

That was over the top nonsense that should not have been mentioned in a game day presser by Ricky.

Malla

Reaction score
Was replying to the Cowboys coach Payten interview that you posted...not Ricky.

That was over the top nonsense that should not have been mentioned in a game day presser by Ricky.
Regardless, what he said is right, but he should not have said it, thats I am saying Wendog.

Regarding Payton, what he said was right, but he cannot say it.