News Ricky Stuart lashes out at Jaemon Salmon

Greenmachine121

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The guy is a fucking disgrace …. Imagine being this upset over something from 12 years ago

‘Did salmon shit on Ricky’s kids head or something ? Amazing

Rebuilding Phase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A decade-long feud between Ricky Stuart and Jaeman Salmon is believed to be the reason behind the Canberra coach’s extraordinary attack on the Penrith playmaker.
It is believed the animosity between the two stretches as far back as 2010 after an incident involving Stuart’s son and Salmon in an under 12’s game in the Shire.

Stuart’s son was left in tears after the run in with Salmon. When Stuart and Salmon’s father got involved, the two had to be separated as the incident became heated.

The Raiders coach has since apologised for calling Salmon a “weak gutted dog” for lashing out in a tackle by Canberra hooker Tom Starling but refused to detail the ‘history’ between the two families.

An emotional Stuart spoke of his regret over his extraordinary press conference blow up in Canberra on Saturday night.

In a statement, Stuart said: “I regret saying what I did on that platform after the game. I was speaking as a father and not as a football coach.

“My reaction was to a family situation that I thought I had dealt with, clearly I haven’t.

“I allowed my emotions to get the better of me and for that I am very sorry.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not certain Salmon intentionally kicked him in the nads, looked like he was just kicking out... very common - but should be eradicated from the game.

No logical basis from what happened on the field for Ricky's labelling comment on the young fella... possible history, but low act to air you dirty laundry at a press conference.

In my opinion Ricky is just as low as his description of Salmon through derogatory comment in this instance.

But we all make mistakes and all deserve respect as humans - Ricky and Jaeman included.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Stewart has an autistic kid
I recon there must have been some remark made by salmon about her
But this is just my guess
For the parents to get involved...you never know. Kid's at 12 are coached to sledge.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As a father I get what happened back in 2010, but you have to let it go at some point. Sounds like a lot of deflection and a frosting of little mans disease.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I mean if he kicked his player in the balls…. What’s wrong with calling him a dog? It’s a dog act. Unless I’m missing something? Is the man who kicked another man in the balls the victim in this?

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Bad form by Ricky. Hes an NRL coach FFS you cant be saying shit like that about players to the media. And jaemon was 12 last time Ricky had anything to do with him. What could a 12 year old have done to adult Ricky?

Besides all that i didnt think Jaemon accidentally kicking the guy was anything. Something that happens many times in games.