News Potter wants permanent Bulldogs NRL role

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yep sounds good to me these two I'm warming to, I've always liked Dymock any room for him, thoughts?

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I find it hard to understand why a guy mid 50's or more with head coaching experience would want to play understudy to an inexperienced 30 something guy with no HC experience. I'm a bit over all the media hype tripping over themselves to blow the Ciraldo trumpet. He's unproven. I'd be buggered if I'd take orders from a newbie with no experience, all hot air and tripe. Especially if I had played at the top level at a couple of Clubs, including the Club I'm coaching, and the team were improving under my watch.
Are we to believe Ciraldo's the MAIN GUY that developed the Penruff juniors, or was it Hook, or Barrett or Cleary....I'm all confused. Maybe they are just a bunch of highly motivated and disciplined kids, brought up right by their families and community, to have respect, play hard and enjoy yourself. Realistically, I look around our roster and fail to see the same talent, motivation or attitude.
I also fail to see, why we have a board if Gould is chief cook and bottle washer and rules by executive decree.
M Potter or S Flanagan as HC for me thanks.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yep sounds good to me these two I'm warming to, I've always liked Dymock any room for him, thoughts?
No he is too much of a yes man he proved that under Hasler.....besides he hasn't done Holbroock any favours being one of his senior assistants at the Titans either. One of the perks of being an assistant coach is no one blames you if everything goes pear shaped. Even our useless defensive coach Furner has got himself another gig at the tigers while Barrett stands in line at centrelink.

Last edited:

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Ciraldo is on just over $400k a season to be an assistant at the Panthers as we speak.
Ciraldo is an outlier though. The highest paid one of the lot. Most are $100-150k a season which is nothing to sneeze at.

bulldogtimbo

Hazem's kicking tee.
Reaction score
Maybe they are just a bunch of highly motivated and disciplined kids, brought up right by their families and community, to have respect, play hard and enjoy yourself.

Not too sure about the "respect" part tbh

JimmyRustla

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think the chatter of Ciraldo taking the job stirred it up in him to want the job full-time. Id rather him keep it to be honest

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Every presser there is this British journo that basically frames the conversation as “TB was sh!thouse and Potter is awesome” comparatively… but feck me dead, why does JJ look so Fkn awkward every time? He looks like he’s still got a TB man crush or he’s over it, can’t figure it out?

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Every presser there is this British journo that basically frames the conversation as “TB was sh!thouse and Potter is awesome” comparatively… but feck me dead, why does JJ look so Fkn awkward every time? He looks like he’s still got a TB man crush or he’s over it, can’t figure it out?
That guy is a smug fuck. Always refers to himself on twitter as the guy who got a one word answer from Baz about Flanno touching the ball.

Jacko is infuriated every week by him and Potter hates the Desmond too. He’s a clown.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
People are saying that the reason why our attack is so much better is because of Sandercock and not Potter.
Potter is just letting Sandercock do what he wants.

Last edited:

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People are saying that the reason why our attack is so much better is because of Sandacock and not Potter.
Potter is just letting Sandacock do what he wants.
Yeah I read somewhere that after round 4 Sandercock went to Barrett to change our style of play because it wasn’t working. Barrett refused to listen to him. Had he listened to him, who knows how the season turns out.

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I read somewhere that after round 4 Sandercock went to Barrett to change our style of play because it wasn’t working. Barrett refused to listen to him. Had he listened to him, who knows how the season turns out.
I read the same. Could be fluff from sandercocks manager, but if it's true, sandercock deserves to stay

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Our attack has finally evolved into the modern era, it only took ten years.
Potter and his people should get first pick.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
People are saying that the reason why our attack is so much better is because of Sandercock and not Potter.
Potter is just letting Sandercock do what he wants.
Sandercock had the control in the recent Sharks game when Potter had COVID.

Last edited: