Declan Casey debut

B-Town Lad

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
That was the worst debut in the history of the sport.

I feel so bad for him, and yes hopefully the trolls don’t savage him too much.

Hope he can bounce back but jeez it’s a long way back lol

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Is there anyone we can sign from another club this season? Lol
For backs... Should just ask for a loan of someone experienced, nothing flash but gets job done. Eg Roosters / Kevin Naiquma, put him outside Kiraz.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
What’s the latest on Tui Katoa? He impressed me on how much he improved each week when he was last in the first grade team
I recall hearing he was fit to return. Maybe he's playing for Mounties or lower grades

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He doesn't even impress in reserves, I have NFI how he even got his debut today....
I hadn’t seen that much either, but still feel for him not his fault he got picked and the coaches that are around them every week would have more of an idea than us

NQ Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Felt for the bloke I’m sure he has plenty of talent in him tough night to make a debut and the concussion rubbed salt in the wound hopefully he’ll come back better
I agree. It was a tough first up assignment in those conditions. Pressure to do well and the shit they had to play in spelt mistakes to me. Surely we could have played someone else and give the bloke a decent chance at a debut in better conditions. Feel for him.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Regardless how many junior games would he have played in the rain, no excuse for dropping the ball over and over, should have been hooked after 2nd time.
That was a clear case of shitting the bed and losing a very winnable game because of it.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I'd say he won't remember his debut anyway. I don't think I have seen a debut so bad and to get knocked out to go with it, yeh.....

I wish him well and that he recovers with no future symptoms of the concussion because it did look bad.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Couldn’t give him another go after today. Back to Reggie’s, put on some good performances and wait for your next shot. It was probably the worst game he has played in years and it happened to be on his NRL debut.
Allen is by far a superior player at the minute.
I feel for him but I have to lay some blame here on the coaches.....

By Sat morning it was clear the weather was going to be atrocious. It's not the kind of game to throw in a debutant. There's a high risk they'll have one of their worst ball handling days.

FFS Payne Haas had an equal if not worse debut and it wasn't in these type conditions.

In any case, I'm glad he got a crack at first grade as I liked what I saw in the trial and a couple of NSW games. Having said that, I expected better from him and unfortunately, like Alamoti, he will have to work on alot of things before he can push for selection again. But im all for getting another chance if their form warrants it.

Truth is, the experienced Allan should never have been dropped purely for the weatger conditions and the coaches had up to 1hr before kickoff to make the right call and they stuffed up.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I feel for him but I have to lay some blame here on the coaches.....

By Sat morning it was clear the weather was going to be atrocious. It's not the kind of game to throw in a debutant. There's a high risk they'll have one of their worst ball handling days.

FFS Payne Haas had an equal if not worse debut and it wasn't in these type conditions.

In any case, I'm glad he got a crack at first grade as I liked what I saw in the trial and a couple of NSW games. Having said that, I expected better from him and unfortunately, like Alamoti, he will have to work on alot of things before he can push for selection again. But im all for getting another chance if their form warrants it.

Truth is, the experienced Allan should never have been dropped purely for the weatger conditions and the coaches had up to 1hr before kickoff to make the right call and they stuffed up.
Allan is injured

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree. It was a tough first up assignment in those conditions. Pressure to do well and the shit they had to play in spelt mistakes to me. Surely we could have played someone else and give the bloke a decent chance at a debut in better conditions. Feel for him.
Yeah correct, if we had of picked Okunbor people would’ve complained that they didn’t play one of the young blokes like Casey sometimes it happens

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Allan is injured
Well in that case I retract my finger pointing on the coaches. Just a shame he had to debut in a poor game like that.

Would need to now prove he has very good handling skills on lower grades to get another chance. May not happen but good luck to him.