Justin Holbrook

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not sure that I understand this, how can paying 1 player $1.1m ($1.2m is overstating) have any effect on what they spent the other $8.5m on? In regards to their performance who they have spent the $8.5m is of far greater relevance than overpaying 1 single player. Which is not actually the case, they are actually overpaying a number of players.

Tino Fa'asuamaleaui is reportedly on $900k, but he gives better value for money. Foran will make a huge difference next year, they badly need his experience. The real issue for next year is they only have 4 vacant spots in their 30, which is horrid Cap management. With the average NRL player on a 3 year contact they should have around 10 players off contract each year. They look better for 2024 where they currently have 17 vacancies.

Always a Bulldog
I will explain it for you . If your spending that much coin on a second rower you have less to invest in strengthening your four spine positions . He is on 1.2 that 400k more than we are going to be paying kikau next year. That extra 400k could be spent on one or two spine players. If Tino is on 900k as you say then there is another 200k -300k they aren't able to spend on their spine.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I will explain it for you . If your spending that much coin on a second rower you have less to invest in strengthening your four spine positions . He is on 1.2 that 400k more than we are going to be paying kikau next year. That extra 400k could be spent on one or two spine players. If Tino is on 900k as you say then there is another 200k -300k they aren't able to spend on their spine.
So what, don’t spend the $200 on, say, the 3rd string backrowers. There is no direct link between what is spent on a forward that has to come out of the budget for a spine player. There are 30 players on the roster, so if you spend $200 more on one player it’s not a big farkin deal, just save $20k each on the bottom 10, or $40k each on 5 etc, and you’ve got your $200k back.

It‘s a media beat up, makes a good headline, click bate, about a team‘s (insert name here) player getting $1m and farkin up their salary Cap. The fact is it takes far more than marginally overpaying one or 2 quality player to fark up a team‘s Cap. By far the biggest issue with most Caps is overpaying multiple players who are also underperforming and spine players feature most heavily on that list.

Always a Bulldog

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Put down the crack pipe and step back.....

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How ironic. Everyone on this place was blowing there load over him and now that he is doing s**thouse no one wants a bar of him. Oh how times have changed.

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
He would be a good fit for the dogs
I thought he would of been, but the English league isn't strong and the nrl if your off you can lose to anyone, recruitment for them has been terrible

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't think he will survive the next few rounds.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
If Holbrook gets sacked. We need to get him on our staff asap imo. Not his fault that Titans are a basket case...

He hasn't really been able to have much of a crack at recruitment except for the club paying overs for Fifita along with the solid signing of Tino.

Also why isn't anyone slinging shit at fucking Mal Meninga? He was there head of football, culture and recruitment... That big **** has got off scott free.

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Holbrook gets sacked. We need to get him on our staff asap imo. Not his fault that Titans are a basket case...

He hasn't really been able to have much of a crack at recruitment except for the club paying overs for Fifita along with the solid signing of Tino.

Also why isn't anyone slinging shit at fucking Mal Meninga? He was there head of football, culture and recruitment... That big **** has got off scott free.
Yeah, i cant for the life of me understand how someone can have a role like mals but live interstate 1500klm away, go figure

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why can nrlol, declare every team is allowed to operate like the roosters!

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
How ironic. Everyone on this place was blowing there load over him and now that he is doing s**thouse no one wants a bar of him. Oh how times have changed.
I always said he was not the coach for us..... just one of the many, many things I have been right about and TK has been wrong about.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Can’t we just get Holbrook in as an assistant coach next year? Once the titans offload him.

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a feeling the knights will be looking for a new coach come September too.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
You have got the same strike rate as dave special holland
That might sting me if I were true.

But my strike rate is pretty good.

I called Elliott having a great year, JMK’s potential, Flano returning to the side and settling in as Burto’s halves partner for the year, Schoupp improving in the event he got a haircut, Corey Allan’s return to the team, the team improving rapidly under Mick Potter…. My predictive game has been on point.