Matt Burton | Consolidated thread

NoahWilson420

New Pup
Reaction score
If anybody see's a article about Burtons manager saying that they won't resign until they know who the head coach is. It's absolute BS it's written by the daily telegraph

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just posted this in the 'powerbroker" thread, however it is probably better here

The big advantage we have is that whilst other clubs can temp Burton with a big pay day from 2024 onwards, there is nothing stopping us, and fact it is almost a certainty, that we will offer him a very nice contract upgrade for 2023 if he extends his deal with us.

That is why talk of him not taking the $450k option in 2024 is extremely misleading when he can in fact earn $800k in 2023, 2024 and beyond by agreeing to extend with us before he hits the market.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I just posted this in the 'powerbroker" thread, however it is probably better here

The big advantage we have is that whilst other clubs can temp Burton with a big pay day from 2024 onwards, there is nothing stopping us, and fact it is almost a certainty, that we will offer him a very nice contract upgrade for 2023 if he extends his deal with us.

That is why talk of him not taking the $450k option in 2024 is extremely misleading when he can in fact earn $800k in 2023, 2024 and beyond by agreeing to extend with us before he hits the market.
It's a very good point. I had thought of that too. If his upgrade kicks in from 2023, it's an extra 400k or so in Burton's pocket for next year that other clubs can't offer.. It's also a huge gesture from the club to show their commitment and reward him for his form.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With Gus on board there is no fucking way he is leaving. If the Andersons were still in charge then yes I'd be worried but Gus will not fuck this up for us.

I don't care how much he is paid as long as he is in blue and white for the rest of his career. Of course he wants to know who the coach is but just as important he probably wants to know who his long term halves partner is.

Can't wait for the footy because this Burton and Fitler hysteria is getting friggin boring. Let's smash the overrated Sharks so we can have something else to talk about. We're probably going to have to wait a few more months for some good news on Burton and the new coach

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Yes I totally get what you are saying, the Roosters may not be the same club that won consecutive premiership in 2018-19 but the attraction is still there. To be coached by Trent Robinson who I’ve always said is vastly overrated & they still have a rock star line up. Six players were in Origin camp.
Six players in origin camp, but only 3 that really deserved to be there.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
If anybody see's a article about Burtons manager saying that they won't resign until they know who the head coach is. It's absolute BS it's written by the daily telegraph
I'm telling you all now, fox have ZERO info about us and 100% agenda against Gus.

"News" or "info" from nine/SMH is all controlled leaks IE Gus feeds them what he wants to come out.

mez

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Not that I know anything, but if I did I would offer:

Upgrade next year to $700,000 (instead of the reported $500,000)
2024 - $800,000
2025 - $900,000
2026 - $1,000,000
2027 - $1,100,000

lock the sucker up for five years at $4,500,000
I had something similar in mind….5 year contract but increase in $50k increments starting from $800k and ending on $1m by 2027

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol, so funny that there were a bunch on here only a little while back questioning any talk of an extension now he’s one of the most sought after players come Nov 1 and we’re looking like needing to double his $$$

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
So, what I read from Rothfield's article:

1. Burton and his agent are not looking at anything until after Origin 3.
2. Burton is over the loss of Barrett, and wants to know who his next coach will be.
3. Nobody has offered him one million dollars. Only Anasta and Rothfield are talking one million.
4. He hasn't taken up the 2024 extension, but also hasn't indicated that he wants to leave the Bulldogs
5. This is all based on one rep game, and the shock to the critics that the Bulldogs had such a talent in their ranks.

Everything is conjecture until we formally hear from Burton or his agent.
Until then, Rothfield needs an attention grabbing headline to get the hits he needs to justify the ridiculous amount of money he is overpaid.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I choose not to watch 360 because its Kardashian like trash and a cancer to rugby league in general.
Unfortunately you cant escape it because anything those flogs say gets rehashed on TK as 'news'

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I choose not to watch 360 because its Kardashian like trash and a cancer to rugby league in general.
Unfortunately you cant escape it because anything those flogs say gets rehashed on TK as 'news'
I gave it a glance last night....last time....just pure gossip hound conjecture and rubbish...at least Drunkfield wasn't on so thanks for small mercies.

A decent sports show like the original Wide World of Sports would kill it again even these days with their professional production, several various sports' coverage, comedy and competent, knowledgeable presenters.

NRL360 is an abomination of the representation of the game of rugby league and reduced Fox to a parody of a NRL show.

And ....as you say.....then ....you can't escape Buzzard, Kent, Bald guy, the wrinkly face guy (see below) and what they rabbbit on about re-published here on TK! There's no escaping them :grinning:
the_5_most_wrinkly_dog_breeds_541_600.jpg