• Crispy

Votes: 55 96.5%
  • Soggy

Votes: 2 3.5%

• Total voters

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
"CHEESE CHIPS Chips topped with Aussie Jack and Cheddar cheeses, bits of fresh chopped bacon and served with a spicy ranch dressing"

at the Outback Steakhouse are a good appetiser

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
I’m the only soggy **** in the poll so far haha
Best chips I’ve had were also with the best burger I’ve ever had - the brisket burger daily special at the Cooma Hotel. The chips were crispy until the beetroot aioli dropped all over them
You and one other. Fukken witches the both of ya lol.

Should be burnt at the stake. Or is it steak? With a side of chips? :tonguewink:

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
You and one other. Fukken witches the both of ya lol.

Should be burnt at the stake. Or is it steak? With a side of chips? :tonguewink:
Hahaha. I have my steak rare & love the mix of blood & sauce soaking into the chips. I used to have my steak blue but got sick of chewing like a cow

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Crispy 100%. If they become soggy when they're mixed with food that's fine, but if they get served to you soggy, that's a different story.

I love tomato sauce, BBQ sauce, gravy etc... topped on chips, and sweet chili and sour cream on wedges.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I used to love cold chips when I came home from footy training..now definitely crispy and hot like you @Wahesh but no sauces just salt!

Last edited:

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Hahaha. I have my steak rare & love the mix of blood & sauce soaking into the chips. I used to have my steak blue but got sick of chewing like a cow
If it’s red it ain’t dead… ;)

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I used to love cold chips when I came home from footy training..now definitely crispy and hot like you @Wahesh but no sauces just salt!
There's a topic in itself. Cold chips the next day or same evening is a no no. Even Nuking them doesn't work.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
There's a topic in itself. Cold chips the next day or same evening is a no no. Even Nuking them doesn't work.
I used to nuke em too..and liked em..Oh my secret shame..

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Can you believe they served me crispy chips with my burger at the leagues club on Friday night. I specifically asked for soggy in gravy

Wahesh

Reaction score
Fair enough - the salt is definitely a must. I only like the sauces if it's a hot day.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Grand Chancellor Hotel, Townsville has the best chips I've eaten in Australia.
Skinners Arms, Bloomsbury, London has the best chips I've eaten...ever.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Grand Chancellor Hotel, Townsville has the best chips I've eaten in Australia.
Skinners Arms, Bloomsbury, London has the best chips I've eaten...ever.
Best in Australia was at Harry's - went and ordered hot chips on a cold winters day. They made the batch fresh and I took them back to the office. Man they hit the spot - warmed me up in no time.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Best in Australia was at Harry's - went and ordered hot chips on a cold winters day. They made the batch fresh and I took them back to the office. Man they hit the spot - warmed me up in no time.
Nothing like hot chips on a cold day. Only surpassed by warming your hands around a hot cup of coffee.

I'm off to Cairns this weekend, to find some warm weather.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Nothing like hot chips on a cold day. Only surpassed by warming your hands around a hot cup of coffee.

I'm off to Cairns this weekend, to find some warm weather.
Mate drive 1 hour north to Port Douglas - beautiful place.