Matt Burton | Consolidated thread

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So of Gus paif burton 900k eouod hr stsy? I think signinhg Ciraldo for 2024 will seal the deal along with signinh s quality half

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gus has him signed already. Dirt cheap too. Just waiting till he partners Bomber in SOO3 for announcement..
dirt cheap because he only plays 10 games or less a year? or dirt cheap because he took unders to win a premiership and play with his best mate Fox and new Origin centre partner in Burto? :-)

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
One of my Greek friends knows Nick Politis very well & told me that he is targeting Burton. Politis wants Burton to replace Keary as it seems Munster will stay in Melbourne. It’s the same mail I got weeks before Cronk signed at the Roosters.
I think he’ll end up in Bondi
Why would he sign with the Roosters? You're barely a top 8 team anymore.. He's settled in well at Canterbury. We can offer as much, if not more than any other club and have Mahoney and Kikau coming next year.. Of course Politis and most other clubs will be chasing him, but you and the media make it seem like he has no interest in staying, which couldn't be further from the truth..

xanderalexander

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I don't think anyone on NRL 360 should be paid an ounce of attention.

Having said that, Burton is someone I'd love to build our next 5 years around at the very least. He's young, uber-talented, driven and seems to have a very level head. And we have seen nowhere near his best.

I'd offer $900K per year plus performance incentives.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I thought Anasta's and Hooper's responses to Buzz we're genuine. I'd take Anasta and Hooper's comments over the drunk anyday.

However, Anasta believes the $1 million price tag is reserved for players who can bring premierships to their clubs.
“If he keeps performing like that clubs will pay $600,000 to $700,000 for him easy,” James Hooper added.
Please don't listen to Buzz. Does everyone remember the Drone bullshit?

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don't think anyone on NRL 360 should be paid an ounce of attention.

Having said that, Burton is someone I'd love to build our next 5 years around at the very least. He's young, uber-talented, driven and seems to have a very level head. And we have seen nowhere near his best.

I'd offer $900K per year plus performance incentives.
Gus will look after it. We'd probably give him $750k(under our cap) and 3rd party would probably chip in with $150k. Burto would attract huge 3rd party interest. The kid is marketable in everyway.

I don't think there is any issue around giving him money from our cap, it will come down to the overall package including 3rd party sponsorship. I think we have one of the best in the business in Warburton for these kind of things, it's Warburton's playground.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He will lift this game full of coincidence.. so will team mates . I trust gus will keep him

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He has a clear agenda against Gus and is deliberately making noise to try and unsettle the club.

On the telecrap podcast a few weeks ago they were talking about the dogs and even one of his colleagues said to him "You are letting your hatred for Gus cloud your judgement".

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Already a saga this is going to turn into war and peace longevity wise fmd.
Of course unless kennellers calm down(unlikely)and the usual suspects desist from posting more similarly themed stories(fn less unlikely)