News Bulldogs hard man Luke Thompson rushes home to England 'in an emotional state' to deal with a mystery family issue

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I can’t help but be sceptical about this but in any case I hope all is well or works out that way.

I just get the feeling with the mystery concussion and now this that there will be a statement in the near future that he has been released on compassionate grounds and is signing with a SL team over there

Malla

Reaction score
Apparently nobody in the team even knew what was going on. He was here the week of our Tigers game and then team (including some of coaching staff) were told after he had left the country.

Dunno if that means anything.

Hope this does not sound too harsh as I feel for him if he has mental health and personal issues... but paying $800k a year for a bloke who has these type of issues and needs to go half way across the world, is just not worth it.

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree with the sentiment that he's been harshly judged. The guy was one of very few who went out there and had a crack everytime he played, constantly trying to get us into the fight and not just fold like limp lettuce.

I wish he was the size of those cats Klemmer or Napa, maybe then he could have single handedly turned our yardage game around, but the reality was he isn't that player. He was never gonna be a Junior Paulo..

It's not his fault that we payed overs to sign him at a time where we couldn't attract paperclips with a magnet.

He had some great attributes and under a good coach, in a somewhat competitive team I have no doubt he would have excelled.

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If he was going well over here and proving himself, he would come back. But he is seriously struggling with form and competing week in week out in the NRL

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Can the conspirators now delete their posts?

- ‘He has mental health issues!’
- ‘He’s joining the ESL, the Dogs are pushing him out!’
- ‘How can you travel with a concussion?!’

Best of luck Thommo and family, hopefully his mum recovers OK. Thanks for the truth @Actros.

xanderalexander

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hoping all is well for him and his family.

As I always say, I highly respect every single player that puts on the blue and white. But my love for this team means that I will passionately call out players who aren't performing, or who (in my opinion) aren't offering value for money.

Luke Thompson is a hell of a player, and he bled for our team. But he isn't worth $850K and I hope he finds another team so he can move on with his career.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
We do need to sign 2 props for next year if both Vaughan and Thommo wont be here..
King, TPJ, Sutton, Patolo, Ava. Promote 1-2 kids/reserve graders. I don't think we need to sign a prop. Thompson's been MIA this year and Sutton's Vaughan's replacement.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
King, TPJ, Sutton, Patolo, Ava. Promote 1-2 kids/reserve graders. I don't think we need to sign a prop. Thompson's been MIA this year and Sutton's Vaughan's replacement.
Have you ever seen Sutton play? Based on what I have seen he is not even a replacement for Ava.

Always a Bulldog

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wish him and his family welfare all the best. But also see ya later 800k scammer.