Matt Burton | Consolidated thread

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Agree with your points. There will be interest for him come November 1st.

Whether proven or not in his current position, there will always someone believing in him and taking that chance.

Smart ploy by him and his agent not to take the player option. If I was him I’d do the same, I surely hope he sticks with us because I see him as a long term bulldog great.

Reminding everyone the kid is only 22 years old, great player, and mature young man, and it looks like he has a great family around him, which to me means he’a been brought up well.
November 1 won't be an issue...

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm connected to one sponsor who was Burtons ex room mate and a former long term board member who still is heavily involved.

I don't give a fuck what other CEOs are thinking. We told him not to take the option so we can give him a long term contract for more money.

You stick to believing the papers and jumping at shadows that aren't there...
I don’t believe papers, just naive to think that no one will knock on his door is my point.

I hope we secure him long term.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
we weren't the only team trying to sign Burton --> eg. Sharks met with him, too... but Barrett was able to sell himself and the club to targeted players (Burton, TPJ, Addo-Carr)... at least in that fact we should be grateful to Barrett