Matt Burton | Consolidated thread

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No way Gus let’s this kid go, and to be honest he’s not acting or playing like a bloke that wants to leave. His manager is just doing his job not taking up the option he’s on unders.
It’s not up to Gus....the kid will do what’s best for him no matter how enticing Gould can be

NQ Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Doubt he will leave. Look at all the attention he is getting playing in a big club with a rich history and we are at the bottom of the table. Imagine next season if we start winning games and are in the top 8.

All due respect to Penrith, great team, but the club itself is a shit stain. Nobody cares about Penrith.

To resign him though, I think we will probably see TPJ leave, Thompson definitely gone, and Jackson would be to re-sign on less. All for the greater good though, as long as we keep Burton, that's the main thing. He is that good.
I hope your wrong about TPJ. We need to hang on to him as he is our go forward atm.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Super standard. We got a bargain when we signed him. Deserving of an upgrade. Will probably be sorted out sooner rather than later.

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Right now I said between 650k-800k. I personally wouldn't be be offering him a contract now anyway.
Thats a range, a limit is a single amount that is the maximum you would pay so 800k so youd let him go for 200k?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Thats a range, a limit is a single amount that is the maximum you would pay so 800k so youd let him go for 200k?
No one's paying him a million so no

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The sooner the club moves to extend him the better, will shut up all the media scum bags, shut down any other crap and most of all give the players something to be happy about.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I hate when we aren't playing, it's like the off-season all over again. At least when we have a game there is a team list to talk about instead of speculating over bullshit rumours generated by piss poor "journalists" who couldn't write a shopping list, let alone a decent story. We have a bye soon I wonder who will be leaving then, Gus ? The mascot ?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
And that worked out great for those teams.
That doesn't mean a team won't do it again and Burton's shown he's more talented than both of Taylor and Brooks at this stage of their careers (when they got the big $). Titan's already double downed with Fifita (showing they did it again), who's less valuable than Burton.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
That doesn't mean a team won't do it again and Burton's shown he's more talented than both of Taylor and Brooks at this stage of their careers (when they got the big $). Titan's already double downed with Fifita (showing they did it again), who's less valuable than Burton.
Well they can do it and if Burton wants to throw away his career for it then he can go right ahead an do it (he won't).

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yup Fifita and Jason T. Burton will win you more games than both combined
If both Fifita and Tamalollo were on the market now they might be offered 1/2 wht their been paid now, perhaps it's because that amount of money has made them complacment, or the fact that as forwards the opposing teams have worked them out.
I'd say that the best contribution they have made for their respective teams is in attracting other players.
IMHO Burton is a very different kettle of fish to both of them.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
But Flanno IS shit... lol
One way which might help us keep Burton is for Gus to ask him who he would like to have for his 1/2 partner. it should at least let him know that he is highly valued here.