Why haven't we even contacted Flanagan yet ?

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
By ASAP I meant in a reasonable time frame. Week or two would be fine, but this year.
Same here. I want to salvage something from yet another season where I was hopeful before March. Get the karnt in here and get us a few more wins at least.

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, well if that's how he looks at it then he's not our guy. More concerned on "L's". The club should have offered him the caretaker coach job and used the period as a job rehearsal, to a large extent it would not be reflected upon his performance however if he could get improvement out of this mob (Like a real coach should) then even better from next year with a clean slate. He could also get in and get a real good look at the players around the place and have a say on who goes and stay's for 2023, not from a distance. Not to mention the benefit of an extra 4 months or so of hard work by the new coach from now on. I just can't accept us conceding with over half a season to go and the fans now waiting until 2023. Not good enough IMO.
Can’t argue mate, have to agree.
However all players & coaches are mercenaries these days…. Be great to think if he did sign that it ushered in a decade plus of stability with him at the helm ala the chooks/storm, along with the type of results we all crave & deserve!

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Because I’ve come to the conclusion that’s it’s not just Kyle who’s special Ed but his father too. Absolute morons

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
LOL Gus has coffee with Freddy Fittler quite frequently too so why aren't you all associating him to the job too then

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The way he is carrying on I’m pretty confident he has got the gig. You don’t go around mouthing off like your desperate for the job if you didn’t know you have it in the bag. It’s clear is he is the front runner for the job but as some one said him and Gus would surely be on the same page regarding media telling them nothing
By carrying on do you mean desperately asking for the job every time there's a camera near by LOL yeah I agree it is a bit of a carry on and quite embarrassing

rand0m3r

Since 1994
Reaction score
If Gus considers Freddy he’s lost the plot. We’ve just got rid of a coach who had a problem stint elsewhere, there’s no way Freddy is a club coach.
also, he's a rooster not a bulldog.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why in several articles in the last few days has Flanagan had to come out in the media saying he wants the job but he hasn't been contacted by Gould or anyone at the club ?

I'm concerned these reports could turn Gould (and others) off hiring Flano also.

When Barrett was sacked I thought Gould said something about needing to sort our long term coach quickly but I could be wrong but surely it is something we need to decide and announce quickly as sponsors will want to know and so will any players we're chasing.

Gus said we need an experienced coach and I truly believe that. Just hope he doesn't change his mind.

Only negative with Flano is what he does with his son but if he can't get the best out of Kyle then who can plus he's already stated that he would pick the best halfback whether that be Kyle or someone else we sign.
Flanno just pretending he hasn’t . They just don’t wanna rush to sign a coach this quick . Doesn’t look good considering the media bagged us for sacking Trent basket case

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Why in several articles in the last few days has Flanagan had to come out in the media saying he wants the job but he hasn't been contacted by Gould or anyone at the club ?

I'm concerned these reports could turn Gould (and others) off hiring Flano also.

When Barrett was sacked I thought Gould said something about needing to sort our long term coach quickly but I could be wrong but surely it is something we need to decide and announce quickly as sponsors will want to know and so will any players we're chasing.

Gus said we need an experienced coach and I truly believe that. Just hope he doesn't change his mind.

Only negative with Flano is what he does with his son but if he can't get the best out of Kyle then who can plus he's already stated that he would pick the best halfback whether that be Kyle or someone else we sign.
Who said we haven't?

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Because he’s a special Ed that is carrying on and showing very little professionlism

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Wtf LOL what respect or anything else do we owe Barrett :tearsofjoy:
if they were delaying any decision it would be more the "look". Because we said Barrett left and was not sacked, so if we announce too early it looks like he was sacked and we already had an alternative. thats what im thinking anyway.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

We have contacted him. Gus sent an email to all the true fans about it. You mustn’t be a true fan if you didn’t get it.

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Imagine Freddy and his earth energy therapy imagine the boys walking bare foot throw belmore be lucky not to get jabbed by a syringe or broken glass
And from all accounts Paul green is a **** apparently

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
if they were delaying any decision it would be more the "look". Because we said Barrett left and was not sacked, so if we announce too early it looks like he was sacked and we already had an alternative. thats what im thinking anyway.
Whoever the next coach is or wants to be the next coach needs to shy away from talking to the media every 2 minutes, it reeks of desperation and looks unprofessional.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Whoever the next coach is or wants to be the next coach needs to shy away from talking to the media every 2 minutes, it reeks of desperation and looks unprofessional.
Yeah this is turning me off tbh...

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Gus has said he would like it finalised by September, sounds to me like he’s giving an already contracted coach time to get their ducks in a row.