Upcoming Australian election thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Every day is a great day for me. Thanks for caring. You love a cherry picked stat. Based on you stats Australia 445,580,924.4 tonnes per year total Vs India 2,672,600,374.4 tonnes per year total so India is 6 times as much in total!

Yes, australia will make such a difference to global climate change now under Albo haha
Would you like to do the honours with China?
With roughly 15x times the population. U think its ok we're in the top 10 carbon emitters/person in the world? We burn more carbon per person than the US ffs. And we sell our coal to India. Nice stat.

And China? What do u want with China? Half the country is already sold to them (under a liberal govt), they're a major trading partner (that the Liberals fckd up) and the only reason we hate China is that the US has backed Taiwan (which tbh has fairly much fck all to do with us but now involves us because of the Liberal interpretation of the ANZUS treaty).

Not pro and anti china. I'm in the we have to live with China camp.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Is that right Baz? I found your previous comments in this thread in complete opposite to mine and not something I look fondly on.

Did you see me throwing my toys out of the pram at you and saying you should be punched?

If you're going to speak of common ground, then don't ignore the fact that I didn't put the boot in.

Nor ignore the fact that some people find John Howard and Scott Morrison to be of quite bad taste. I don't know what common ground you're looking for in those pair using racism as a dog whistle that creates this division you so abhor. Given the hindsight perspective, as an example, of how Howard manipulated the Tampa fiasco.
Yep, I was wrong. If you can’t find respect or find decency in John Howard and anything he did then you are right, we don’t have any common ground.

The mere fact that you couple Scott Morrison and John Howard in the same breath says plenty about you. Latching onto the punch comment just confirms your narrow minded victim status.

Complete opposite to yours… sad.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yep, I was wrong. If you can’t find respect or find decency in John Howard and anything he did then you are right, we don’t have any common ground.

The mere fact that you couple Scott Morrison and John Howard in the same breath says plenty about you. Latching onto the punch comment just confirms your narrow minded victim status.

Complete opposite to yours… sad.
I'm quite comfortable in what I posted thanks. I stuck to a particular context and posted in regards to that context, rather than instigate, feign victim hood and make a generous leap in interpretation of others peoples post

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Every day is a great day for me. Thanks for caring. You love a cherry picked stat. Based on you stats Australia 445,580,924.4 tonnes per year total Vs India 2,672,600,374.4 tonnes per year total so India is 6 times as much in total!

Yes, australia will make such a difference to global climate change now under Albo haha
Would you like to do the honours with China?
Population of Australia = 26 million

Population of India = 1.38 billion

India is actually one of the lowest emitters per person

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not much footy news on here. You could try one of the numerous footy related threads.
I was looking and stumbled across an old Adam Elliott thread, remember him. Do you think his a chance of Origin.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I was looking and stumbled across an old Adam Elliott thread, remember him. Do you think his a chance of Origin.
Probably not this year, bro. But I think he’s a great chance in 2023

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
With roughly 15x times the population. U think its ok we're in the top 10 carbon emitters/person in the world? We burn more carbon per person than the US ffs. And we sell our coal to India. Nice stat.

And China? What do u want with China? Half the country is already sold to them (under a liberal govt), they're a major trading partner (that the Liberals fckd up) and the only reason we hate China is that the US has backed Taiwan (which tbh has fairly much fck all to do with us but now involves us because of the Liberal interpretation of the ANZUS treaty).

Not pro and anti china. I'm in the we have to live with China camp.
You hit the nail on the head. We produce and we export. That’s what we do. Technology will continue to advance as we move away from coal etc but I’m not for tens of thousands of people losing their job until reliable renewables are in place. I thought Labor were for the working man?

I wanted you to give me the carbon use comparison with China. Not that they’d be honest anyway because they lie about everything. After what China has put us through the last few years I can’t see how anyone wouldn’t be anti-China.

So the Libs sold half of the country to China did they?

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

Yes mate I understand that but we will never emit anywhere near the total emissions country like India, the U.S & China so I don’t understand why it’s a key election issue when there are plenty of things Australians should be more concerned about first

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes mate I understand that but we will never emit anywhere near the total emissions country like India, the U.S & China so I don’t understand why it’s a key election issue when there are plenty of things Australians should be more concerned about first
Mainly cause climate change is a global issue. If all countries say "what about US, China and India" then it adds up.

And with India emitting much less per person than us, trying to put the blame on them is basically saying that they should suffer worse so the rest of the world can live more comfortably.

India is also relatively low. They have a similar population to China but emit one quarter the amount.

USA and China are the largest emitters but they're still lower than Australia per person, and USA and China are leading the world in renewable integration.

When our economy relies on coal and the highest emitters are moving away from coal, our economy isn't going to do well when the price of coal plummets. Just think of Venezuela. They relied on oil as their primary export and when the price of oil bottomed out, their economy collapsed. Sure they had other issues too so it wouldn't be as bad for us, but it would still cause major problems.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
You hit the nail on the head. We produce and we export. That’s what we do. Technology will continue to advance as we move away from coal etc but I’m not for tens of thousands of people losing their job until reliable renewables are in place. I thought Labor were for the working man?

I wanted you to give me the carbon use comparison with China. Not that they’d be honest anyway because they lie about everything. After what China has put us through the last few years I can’t see how anyone wouldn’t be anti-China.

The main issue as I see it is that we're lagging behind. We have the perfect set up to develop new renewable tech and create a renewable based economy to future proof Australia. Instead we're trying to keep the coal economy going for as long as possible. When we're eventually forced to move to a renewable based economy, USA will already be supplying the world with the renewable power storage we should have made.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score

Good straw man. Indonesia export more coal than Australia. We emit more per capita by a country mile. Libs have been in power for 20 out of the last 30 years and rather than build and stick to a transition plan, they ignored the problem and even fanned it to get more votes. The way its done well - Rhone Valley in Germany. Go learn something.

As for China, same as India. U just do not get it. U cannot use coal to wipe your ass and then expect others not to. And what exactly did China do to us - put tariffs on Aussie products because we complained too much about their involvement in other countries. The US has tariffs on some Aussie products despite a FTA. Wonder if u have the same view of the US.

You would be surprised what Chinese interests own. Water rights for example. Deregulation of the water market - thanks Libs.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What’s a far right conspiracy I’ve pushed? Potential election fraud in the US? Not a conspiracy it’s well known issue with the voting system over there. I didn’t say it outright caused trumps loss, but I have said it makes me question Biden’s win since he can’t even pulll a crowd of more than 10 randoms, sniffs little girls and can’t finish a sentence.

Abortion is murder? Not a conspiracy little science says life begins at conception.

Only two genders? Not a conspiracy, literally science says there are only two genders you cannot be both simultaneously, you cannot change your gender. It’s biology 101. Some people hVe both sex organs but one or the other only works, but organs can’t work and the person still wither has xx/xy chromosomes.

gay marriage? Ok well this isn’t a conspiracy for the longest time marriagewas between a man and woman and never throughout all of history, no matter how far back you go, there was never a time where “marriage” as a definition was ever applicable to gay couples. These things are all online to research. Just don’t be that guy and look at vice or buzzfeed for your history lessons.

Black on black crime a massive issue? Not a conspiracy one can easily pull the stats up.

Msm and big tech is heavily biased to the left? Not a conspiracy it’s pretty much proven lmao the only people who think it’s a conspiracy don’t see an issue with people getting banned for things against their ideology, I.e scientifically and factually saying men are men women are women.

Amber heard is the abuser? Not a conspiracy, all the objective evidence which includes tapes all only have her admitting to her physically abusing Johnny Depp. Her only evidence is her word lol and taking photos of him passed out.

Nothing remotely far right about these facts. Unless you deem actual science (not twitter political sciennce) misinformation and fake.

Oh hunter bidens laptop almost forgot. Not a conspiracy lolllllll. Was proven twitter got it wrong.
Butthurt snowflake

:tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Depends on the business model and who the target market is. I know that the town I live in has seen plenty of people have to tighten their belts to the point where Target and Big W shut up shop. You'd think they were both stores where people on low budgets would rely on. But the reality of the last government was that with long stagnation of wage growth people become very frugal. Until your shirt has holes and you can feel the cracks in the pavement through your shoe's you don't need to replace them.

Also in my town there's been 4 coffee shops and numerous restaurants close. Industries like these will be pretty happy if a $5 coffee and a new shirt aren't classed as a small luxury over the next three years.

Plenty of wealthy people might be worried. But put money in the pocket of someone who can cover their needs and still have the bulk of their wage intact and that money doesn't circulate repeatedly like it does when less affluent people get money in their hands.
To be fair we had a two year pandemic which no matter who was in power was like a wrecking ball for business with people either stuck at home, no tourism, no foreign students and other realities that either caused small business to shut up shop or big business to downsize. Then we’ve had market shock with Ukraine resulting in price rises like fuel where freight is moving to rail instead of road - which has other knock on effects. But equally we’ve seen a bounce back in the unemployment numbers so timing is everything and the timing of this election worked for one team and not the other. Similar to the US - I reckon Trump would’ve won a second term (phew, he didn’t) had he not botched the Covid response so badly with his bleach and UV lights. I just don’t think it’s realistic to simply blame the government of the day (in Australia at least) for their ‘policies’ as to why we’ve seen some of the outcomes we’ve seen over the past two years.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Do you honestly believe that those boats turned up right on election day because they thought Labor was going to win the election

I mean ffs, it's such bullshit from dutton, everyone saw through it just like the bullshit Chinese "spy ship" that was docked in an Australian port and around our coast for a whole week before dutton announced it

Labor better fuck bring in a Federal ICAC to expose this shit
I doubt a Federal ICAC will have anything to do with electioneering. They’ll only get involved if there’s allegations with teeth ie: in NSW with Gladys.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score

Per capita yes, but hardly a fair measurement compared to actual emissions?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Per capita yes, but hardly a fair measurement compared to actual emissions?
Kind of. It's a fair measurement in regards to equity. Per capita is still not the best way to count it because international trade skewers the results (using energy for other countries, but also potential GDP raising), but it's the most equitable measurement because it counts every person as an individual.

Think of it like food. If each Australian is eating 2kgs of food each day (on average) and each Indian is eating 0.2kgs of food each day, is it fair to say that India should eat less food just because the country as a whole eats more than us?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Kind of. It's a fair measurement in regards to equity. Per capita is still not the best way to count it because international trade skewers the results (using energy for other countries, but also potential GDP raising), but it's the most equitable measurement because it counts every person as an individual.

Think of it like food. If each Australian is eating 2kgs of food each day (on average) and each Indian is eating 0.2kgs of food each day, is it fair to say that India should eat less food just because the country as a whole eats more than us?
Not a perfect science either way but more logical to me is to look at total emissions vs other countries and reasons for said emissions ie: measurement beyond population. Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for new tech including renewables and a transition away from fossil fuels over the longer term - but we’re a long way from being able to do that. Take hydrogen cars. A great idea that probably isn’t realistic for 10-15 years. Meanwhile, we pay ~$2/L for fuel because even electric cars have their limits and are still too expensive for a decent one.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Good straw man. Indonesia export more coal than Australia. We emit more per capita by a country mile. Libs have been in power for 20 out of the last 30 years and rather than build and stick to a transition plan, they ignored the problem and even fanned it to get more votes. The way its done well - Rhone Valley in Germany. Go learn something.

As for China, same as India. U just do not get it. U cannot use coal to wipe your ass and then expect others not to. And what exactly did China do to us - put tariffs on Aussie products because we complained too much about their involvement in other countries. The US has tariffs on some Aussie products despite a FTA. Wonder if u have the same view of the US.

You would be surprised what Chinese interests own. Water rights for example. Deregulation of the water market - thanks Libs.
I know you’re an expert on everything, particularly water but if the Libs have sold 50% of the country to China, plus what Labor have sold what is left? I’m sure you’ll know the exact figure. What did China do to us?!? Apparently you’re a health expert too. Covid?

Status
Not open for further replies.