Upcoming Australian election thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol I don't think you understood my comment. I wasn't calling all Liberal members or voters far right whack jobs, I was calling the far right contingent of the party far right whack jobs.....

My point was, the public's abandonment of the Liberal Party (in many traditionally Liberal electorates) in favour of more left leaning candidates suggested most Australians (even those who lean conservative) do not want the nation to be guided by far right ideas.

Simon Birmingham made the same point on election night when commenting on the Liberals failing to regain Warringah.
I think an adequate case can be made in one Malcolm Turnbull.

He's not a lefty, he may have been accepted in Labor's right faction but he certainly is no "lefty". But yet we had conservatives refusing to accept that he was centre right, which he accurately defined is, i.e. centre right

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I think an adequate case can be made in one Malcolm Turnbull.

He's not a lefty, he may have been accepted in Labor's right faction but he certainly is no "lefty". But yet we had conservatives refusing to accept that he was centre right, which he accurately defined is, i.e. centre right
I heard Turnbull wrote for Green Left Weekly when he was at Uni....lol

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
And there's my point. Your pals.... we've been subjected to etc. etc. Its not about us and them.

Believe it or not - don't care who is govt as long as they do a good job. Scomo pissed off too many people and was only interested in himself. So he got the boot. Butchered CVD, stinks at international relations, did zip to foster a transition away from carbon based economies and then pissed off just about every woman in Australia. Nice resume.
Wow did someone dare you to exaggerate as much as possible?
Butchered covid? How did we compare to the rest of the world?
Stinks at international relations? Is that code for doesn’t lick China’s arse?
Both parties did zip on climate change, it’s just Labor promised a bees dick more & you must know different types of women than me. On that, do you think it would be a good idea to make one of the “mean girls”, Katie Gallagher minister for women?

Last edited:

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
My pronouns: Don’t care what you call me/I’m not a snowflake

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Why does it have to be "right of centre" or left or right?

Why can't it just be the right man who actually does his job and looks after the people?
That would be right in a real world. But all these politicians have an agenda. Some of the lefty agenda is abominable.
The Greens epitomise the lefty agenda. Who really wants that.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I'm not Jane Hume. Although I, and a lot of others admire her stance on a lot of things.
Telling the Australian public what the nation's values are from the losers' seats. What's not to admire about that?

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
How can you tell if someone has been reported. Is there a notification.
No, someone and their little snitches run to the mods and then we get banned. The mods do a good job but she always threatens them with legal action, not that she could afford Dennis Denuto

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm not going to get into any sort of debate because 1.I'm clueless on matters of politics(sometimes i have to take a sec to recall who is the left and right no shit lol)
2.and the main point I honestly could not give a single fuck who gets in term after term because it will be somewhat similar or more likely very similar to Scomo and The Shambles party with Average Albo at the crease.
Three terms of Libs bullshit and an arseclown for a leader(forget all the other cock-ups align yourself with Hillsong you are fucking dead to me)and it was time the other side gets a bat..this is how average Joe public australians including myself vote.

Now what I don't get is how angry those staunch to one party get when shit goes down not in their favour, as if it catastrophic or somewhere near to it :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I'm not going to get into any sort of debate because 1.I'm clueless on matters of politics(sometimes i have to take a sec to recall who is the left and right no shit lol)
2.and the main point I honestly could not give a single fuck who gets in term after term because it will be somewhat similar or more likely very similar to Scomo and The Shambles party with Average Albo at the crease.
Three terms of Libs bullshit and an arseclown for a leader(forget all the other cock-ups align yourself with Hillsong you are fucking dead to me)and it was time the other side gets a bat..this is how average Joe public australians including myself vote.

Now what I don't get is how angry those staunch to one party get when shit goes down not in their favour, as if it catastrophic or somewhere near to it :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:
I get your point and do agree change was needed but I fail to see how Labor will do any better, especially with a weak leader. I’ve always been a swing voter but really can’t stand the current Labor whingers and their whole woke, greenie crap. The way their supporters carry on makes me dislike them even more also.

I believe in working hard and not being punished for that so I can’t stand when it’s all about handouts and the what’s in it for me mentality, especially for people that don’t want to work (not people that can’t work). I also believe in personal responsibility and not blaming the government for everything, regardless of what party they are from

Status
Not open for further replies.